How do I stop getting emails from TTI?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Is there a way to stop getting email alerts from the website? Every time there is an update to a post I've posted to, it sends me an email alert. I know there is a little checkbox in the Advanced Reply option so we don't get emails, but I frequently use Quick Reply. Isn't there any way to unsubscribe from emails altogether?

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Your settings might be set to receive notifications every time someone replies to a 'watched thread' or any related activity. You can change this in your Preferences. I am guessing yours looks like this?

Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 8.26.19 AM.png

So go ahead and change those ... that way you will only see your notifications when you log in.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

JazakAllahu Khayran, ukhti. I unchecked both boxes. I just hope now this doesn't turn off my TTI-alerts on the website itself :)

Mahzala

No it won't. Those you can alter under the Alert Preferences tab :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Yes, it worked, thanks. Now my inbox isn't being flooded anymore and alerts are still working. It's embarassing that I haven't explored the profile and personal preferences and other settings since TTI went "new".

Mahzala

No problemo :)

Embarassing, nah. You're good woman.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Didn't work after all. The boxes are unchecked, and yet I still got all the email alerts sent out.

Mahzala

Give it a day or two ... that's what I did, and then the settings eventually went into effect.