How do I?

sistersalina

Assalamualaikum everybody,

I have a question. Well, my toe is seriously injured and I had to go for a operation. After stitching and all, the doctor wrapped it up and warned not to have any contact with water. I cant also bend it. Practically the toe is not really working. So how do I pray now and how am I suppose to take my wudu.
Jazakallah khair ahead of time.

Wasslam:blackhijab:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
sister Islam is the religion of easiness. Whenever there is a necessity, the law is relaxed. In case there are differences of opinions among Muslim jurists, the Muslim is encouraged to follow the opinion which best suits him. Here, we would like to stress that Muslim jurists differ concerning performing ablution on a cast or bandage. According to The Reliance of the Traveler by Ahmad ibn An-Naqib Al-Misri, there are two juristic views concerning the issue raised in the question:

The first view is that of the Shafi`is, whose opinion on this matter is the hardest as they insist on full ablution except for the injured part, where a full dry ablution must be performed at the proper point in the ablution sequence in place of washing the injured part. According to them, if someone has a cast, it must be first applied when one has ablution, and thereafter one must wipe it with water when one comes to it in the ablution sequence in addition to performing a complete dry ablution at that point. In addition, when someone with such a bandage recovers and has his cast or dressing removed, he is obliged to make up for (repray) all the prayers he performed with such an ablution.

The other juristic view is attributed to the Hanafis, who maintain that the one who has a bandage that cannot be removed without harm due to medical necessity can simply wipe more than half the bandage when he comes to it in his ablution. He may pray with such an ablution and need not repeat the prayer later.

Responding to your questions, the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore, issued the following fatwa:

Thank you for your query. We commend your effort to seek the truth in the religion.

For those in a cast, to perform their Prayer, they have to make wudu' and tayammum. Wudu' is for the body parts that are not covered with the cast, and tayammum for the part that is covered with the cast.

You can perform your tayammum after or before wudu'. For the wudu' part, perform it as you normally do. When you reach the part on your casted leg, wipe over it with a wet hand. You need not to reperform your Prayer after the cast is taken off.

To perform the Prayer, do it as you normally do. For the actions that you cannot do because of the cast, you are allowed to do the next best thing. For example, if you cannot bend the leg under you when sitting down, you are allowed to straighten your leg in front of you.

We hope that this reply answers your question. Please continue to seek religious knowledge at mosques or by reading authentic materials.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalamualaikum everybody,

I have a question. Well, my toe is seriously injured and I had to go for a operation. After stitching and all, the doctor wrapped it up and warned not to have any contact with water. I cant also bend it. Practically the toe is not really working. So how do I pray now and how am I suppose to take my wudu.
Jazakallah khair ahead of time.

Wasslam:blackhijab:

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

May Allah (subuhaanahu wta'aala) make you recover soon.

This is a situation happens to many of us often. Islam is the solution for humanity and it is perfect. Alhamdhulillah!

Regarding the problem of making Wudu, just wash all the other parts until you reach your injured feet. Then what you can do is, make your hand wet with water and just rub on the toe, over that wrapped material (a piece of bandage I guess). Then finish Wudu accordingly and make Du'a.

As per praying, you may feel in pain if you sit in the way we do normal, in Attahiyat and between Prostrations. Therefore what you can do is, keep a chair beside you and start Salah. Start by standing and do Rukoo' and stay in I'tidaal. When its time for Sujood, sit on the chair and bend down your head a little above to the level of your knees. Sit straight in between two Sajidahs of each Rak'ah.

When finish the second Sajidah, get up and stand for the next Rak'ah and go on. When its time for first Attahiyat, do it also by sitting on the chair, and stand for the third Rak'ah.

Then do it accordingly and finish the Salah.

Hope its clear over there. I am not very good in English. :)

wassalam a'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

BetAmakeR

Love Allah
:wasalam:

if that so, then u should Tayammum because last time i also had involved in accident and my doc also say my leg should have no contact with water . But alhamdunnillah there is no permanent injury.

sistersalina

jazakallah khair everybody. YOur information did help me.
Brother Ibn Adam77 you mentioned it clearly, and I understood your english perfectly.
Sister Betamaker, I dont have sand with me to do tayamumm.