HOW DO YOU ADDRESS YOUR PARENTS ???

amna_muslimaa

TRUELY MUSLIMAA
:salam2:
In our language poshto (afghanistans language) we used to call dad as 'agha' or 'baba'.....!! and mother as 'more' or 'more jana'
:wasalam:

Almaas

I say mum/ummi/umma jaan/ummi g and just dad lol.
I call my granddad Baba.

In our language poshto (afghanistans language) we used to call dad as 'agha' or 'baba'.....!! and mother as 'more' or 'more jana'

MashAllah, I didn't know there were so many pathaans or even pashto speakers on the site.

Amaanah Yen

Ami Jaan Aba Jaan

Assalam alaikum. I am Pakistani.

I wish we could post the pronunciations. can we? I want to hear hoyo, and amma and appa (from India)

My parents are Abbu (father) and Ammi (mother).

My paternal grandparents, are Ammi Jaan (grandmother) and Abba Jaan (grandfather) - we simply called them what our parents called them.

My maternal grandparents are Naani Amma (grandmother) and Naana Abbu (grandfather)

My daughter calls her maternal grandparents Naani (grandmother) and Naanoo (grandfather). This can be confusing as generally grandfather is Naana. And we know of families where the grandmother is Nano, and not the grandfather like in my family.

Add to this the fact that my daughters paternal great grandmother is Nana, and paternal great grand father is Papa.

Thank goodness my husband is Aussie. His parents are Mum and Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa for our daughter.

JenGiove

I call my mom "mom" and my dad <when he was alive> "Dad" but her used to sign note to me as "Pop".

My son calls me mommie and my husband calls me "Mother" and I call him "Father".

I notice some people calling their mother's "Ommi/Ummi"....The's what I would call my GREAT grandmother in German and yet, my aunt's son calls our grandmother "Omi"... :)

JenGiove

is it against islam to address your parents mom and dad!?

I'm no scholoar but I belive that the only thing the Qur'an says you CAN'T say to your parents if "uff" <an expression of fustration/intolerance/impatience>.

I don't think Allah care two hoots WHAT we call our parents, AS LONG AS we are respectful and loving towards them..

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
i call my mother amma and i used to call my father ABA but now i cant call this name :(, What a difficult time it is for me SubhanAllah . i ask Allah SWT for patience , he used to call me with my full name. moths passed since i heard my name like that but i wont be able to hear this name again in my life with affection that he used to call me with.
and i dont have any grand parent alive, no sister of my father alive, only uncles and i a m better without them . such is the reality of life
Death is the cruel reality if life :(

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu alaikum,

Mom: Mama/Ma.

Dad: Dada.

@Brother Korai: I'm sorry for your loss brother. Hope you feel better, things happen for a reason. Who knows, this might even be a test for you. Life is short, we're all going to taste death eventually, at least you have some beautiful memories of him. Pray and hope that Allah SWT grants him jannatul firdouse. :)

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
i call my mother amma and i used to call my father ABA but now i cant call this name :(, What a difficult time it is for me SubhanAllah . i ask Allah SWT for patience , he used to call me with my full name. moths passed since i heard my name like that but i wont be able to hear this name again in my life with affection that he used to call me with.
and i dont have any grand parent alive, no sister of my father alive, only uncles and i a m better without them . such is the reality of life
Death is the cruel reality if life :(

Are you from Bangladesh brother korai ? I also call my mother " Amma" and father "Abba".