How do you do wudu?

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

May Allaah increase you in benefcial knowledge.

Sister the way you perform wudoo' is fine. I don't really see a difference in Wudoo' in the two sites, except for the du`aa in the end. Reciting this du`aa is mustahabb i.e it is preferrable (which means one will be rewarded for doing it and will not be sinful for leaving it) and neglecting it does NOT invalidate your salaah.

As for raising the hands in Salaah, then what is authentically reported from the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: is that

1) He :saw2: raised his hand in the takbeeratul ihraam (first Takbeer, in other words when you first say Allaahu Akbar in Salaah).
There are three ways of raising the hands: a) A person raises his hand while he says the takbeer (i.e Allaahu Akbar) b) He says the takbeer first and then raises hand c) He raises hand first and then says takbeer… All of them have been authentically reported.

2) He :saw2: raised his hand when going to rukoo1 (i.e when bowing)

3) He :saw2: raised his hand when he came back from rukoo` (i.e he stood back from from bowing)

4) He :saw2: raised his hands when he stood up from the first Tashahhud (the position where a person sits to recite Attahiyatu lillaahi wa salawaatu...). This applies to a prayer that has 3 or 4 rak`ah... like Dhuhr, `Asr, Maghrib, `Ishaa'.

BarakAllaahu feek
Wassalaamu `alaykum

auroran

:salam2:

Jazak'Allah khair, may Allah bring sucess in this life and the next for you, may Allah reward you with Jannah Firdows!!!

:salam2:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Sorry, I just forgot to mention that it is also Sunnah (i.e Mustahabba/Preferrable) to raise hands when one stands up from the first Tashahhud (the position where a person sits to recite Attahiyatu lillaahi wa salawaatu...). This applies to a prayer that has 3 or 4 rak`ah... like Dhuhr, `Asr, Maghrib, `Ishaa'.

I will edit my previous post as well inshaa'Allaah