Question: How Good Are These Cities?

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaamualaikum wa re wa barakatuhu.

I wanted to know how good are the following cities in terms of Islam, Muslim population, and Masjids

1. Texas, Austin, US - Mccombs (not sure of the name)
2. Melbourne, Australia - Melbourne School of Business
3. Singapore. Ah to be exact - National University of Singapore & Nanyang
4. University of California Berkeley, Haas Business School?

Any help would we appreciated. If any city you know has good Muslim population do chip in the info. Focus on US and Europe.
P.S - No England, No New York. - Pound is touching sky and New York isn't affordable, No Middle East

Peace.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I think they can all be good, it depends what you make of them :)

I know why you ask, so I better explain myself, in shaa Allah. I think wherever you go you will find the pious brothers on al haqq, serious about this deen - even if there are only 10, you will find them. Even small Islamic Societies within colleges will have a prayer room and have all kinds of activities going on. So while it is the first thing you consider, ma shaa Allah :) I would not think on it too much. Pray Allah and look at the curriculum, which will teach you what you want to learn? With Allah, anywhere you go is the place He guides you to.
;)

We will keep you in our Dua, in sha Allah. Peace bhai

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

I think they can all be good, it depends what you make of them :)

I know why you ask, so I better explain myself, in shaa Allah. I think wherever you go you will find the pious brothers on al haqq, serious about this deen - even if there are only 10, you will find them. Even small Islamic Societies within colleges will have a prayer room and have all kinds of activities going on. So while it is the first thing you consider, ma shaa Allah :) I would not think on it too much. Pray Allah and look at the curriculum, which will teach you what you want to learn? With Allah, anywhere you go is the place He guides you to.
;)

We will keep you in our Dua, in sha Allah. Peace bhai

Assalaamualaikum wa re wa barakatuhu.

Love you for the sake of Allah ya akhi. Curriculum is not a matter of concern. I am not very specific with what I have to pursue, maybe as time goes I will it narrow down InshaaAllah. My prime aim is to move out of home to freely follow my deen, and if by moving I lose my deen, I would be regretting the whole moving out itself. I would have loved to move to UK, but the British currency is very heavy on Indian pockets. :( Lets see what Allah has decided for me. :)

By the way, Lovely words. "With Allah, anywhere you go is the place He guides you to." SubhaanAllah
Peace.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member

Then England isn't ready for you :p

May the One for whom you have loved me, love you in return

I am not very specific with what I have to pursue
All the more reason to pray Allah. After Thursday, I am sure you have a lot of things to do, but read up on istikhara, in shaa Allah.
Hey, you are sounding confident for the exam, ma shaa Allah.

:)

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Brother, you should seriously consider the UK. It's universities are some of the best in the world. ( and im not being biased just cos I live there)

For UK, Hmm! I am going to hit the streets with a can in my hand adorned with a few torn clothes. ;) I will consider your suggestion akhi, InshaaAllah, if I get thro' with a decent score I will try my best. JazakAllah Khair.

:salam:- I would say Malaysia is one of the best Muslim countries. :)

Walaikumassalaam
JazakAllah Khair for your suggestion sister.

Then England isn't ready for you :p

May the One for whom you have loved me, love you in return

All the more reason to pray Allah. After Thursday, I am sure you have a lot of things to do, but read up on istikhara, in shaa Allah.
Hey, you are sounding confident for the exam, ma shaa Allah.

:)

Assalaamualaikum wa re wa barkatuhu

I thought you were going to tell, "Come to England brother, I will sponsor you" :p But alas, my hopes are shattered. Hehehe :D [Kidding!]

Confident about the exam? hahaha - Nice one. I have learned in life that most people don't look what is inside the closet, they only look and admire the external beauty of the closet akhi. It doesn't matter to them whether the closet is empty or filled with beautiful clothes. At least that's how professional environment is. All you need to do is look as if you are confident and fully loaded with stuff. Nobody sees whether the stuff is junk or genuine [Exceptions do exist!] ;)

Do pray fr me.
Peace

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Mate, you are such a chancer :p. If I could make such an offer, I would have done so by now.

May Allah guide you and make your path clear.

Yeah, reminds me of little kids opening their presents and playing with the box o_O

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Assalaamu alaykkum
Hey crorepati! Why do you worry about pound-rupee exchange rates?

I hope you have written your exam by now. May Allah land you in a safe place. I know how much you need to move out of that otherwise beautiful city. May Allah make it easy for you.