How is your fast going?

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Specially to those who are new to Ramadan. (My revert brothers and sisters). And normally to all of my brothers and sisters over here.

How is your fasting going on?

Oh! As per me, truly to say, I have never experienced this much a blessed fast in my whole life. I pray it to be the same for the entire month, and for you too. :)

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Alhamdulilah it is going sooooooo well for me and my family! The mercy of Allah is truly great! This whole week the weather has been nearly unbearable... Today, the first of ramadan... It's so nice and cool.. And a
light drizzle keeping everyone cool.

May Allah bless everyone and I wish you all a blesses ramadan!!

IbnAdam77

assalam 'alaikum wrahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Alhamdulilah it is going sooooooo well for me and my family! The mercy of Allah is truly great! This whole week the weather has been nearly unbearable... Today, the first of ramadan... It's so nice and cool.. And a
light drizzle keeping everyone cool.

May Allah bless everyone and I wish you all a blesses ramadan!!

alhadulillah!......
i hope they go truly truly in ibadah -ameen

MashaAllah I am very happy to hear from both of you. Hope to hear from others also. :)

IbnAdam77

Alejkum selam
My fast is going so well .I feel so good .
Selam alejkum

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MashaAllah I am happy to hear that brother. :)

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome....

Of course everyone else is having a great first day of Ramadan but my luck is typical for me. The fasting part is ok I just ate BEFORE Fajr this time like I am supposed to but then I found that the paper I got out of my email (which was sent to me by the masjid in my own area) has all the wrong times on it. In fact it is showing Asr prayer to be ONE HOUR LATER than what the normal time should be.

I usually get my prayer times off the website "Islamicfinder.org" and those are the times I have been following ever since I took my shahada. That is the same website I got my adhan from which I have downloaded to my computer so it goes off at the prayer times. Anyway the email that I got from the masjid in my area has all different prayer times and they added sahoor and iftar times on it which is the reason I chose to print it and follow it. Then after I began the fast this morning I was looking at the paper I printed out and I compared it to the adhan on my computer and realized the times are all off. So now Im very confused why the masjid in my area has different times than the adhan I downloaded and which I have been following all this time.

Another thing that happened today is that after I fasted and prayed and read Quran I fell back to sleep since I had the morning job off today (alhamdulillah) and I had nothing but bad dreams that kept waking me up! One of the dreams was that I was in a restaurant and I drank ALCOHOL (which I never even did BEFORE I was Muslim) then after I drank it I remembered my fast and thats when I woke up!!!!! Terrible dreams! Why is this happening to me on my first Ramadan??? I come here and read how happy everyone else is and I feel like Im a failure and Ramadan has just BEGUN!!!!!!

Sorry to complain. Its not the fasting that is bothering me obviously. THAT part is the easiest.......its all the rest making me feel bad! WHY?

BetAmakeR

Love Allah
Oh my sister, dont worry about past mistake because Allah is most forgiving and u not doing it on purpose, should u confused about 2 different time, then u better take latter one until u really confirm which one is true..bout ur dream, everyone had a bad dream(myself include) but it should not bother u especially ur ibadah toward Allah

:salah:

BetAmakeR

Love Allah
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Specially to those who are new to Ramadan. (My revert brothers and sisters). And normally to all of my brothers and sisters over here.

How is your fasting going on?

Oh! As per me, truly to say, I have never experienced this much a blessed fast in my whole life. I pray it to be the same for the entire month, and for you too. :)

Alhamdunillah today is blessed with a cooler weather and i dont even feel thirst...:SMILY346:

Saidsaad

salam, I'm havin a good day fasting hamdolilah. Its warm today in England and tomorrow Sunday I'm back at work inshalah. salam.

IslamicGirl24

The first fast is always the easy one. Its the second one which is most difficult...(Just my experience ;))
InshaAllah tomorrow will be our first fast. Can't wait!!!

fatima zahra

salam aleikom ramadan mubarak my allah accept our fast in this month of fasting
alhamdolilah my fast is going good alhamdolilah is very easy i dont even feel thirst lolz may allah bless u all and accept our fast prayer and duaa

Safiyah_

It's going well =)
Better than i thought it would be !
Thanks to Allah for making it easier for most of us !

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
As salamo alaikome....

Of course everyone else is having a great first day of Ramadan but my luck is typical for me. The fasting part is ok I just ate BEFORE Fajr this time like I am supposed to but then I found that the paper I got out of my email (which was sent to me by the masjid in my own area) has all the wrong times on it. In fact it is showing Asr prayer to be ONE HOUR LATER than what the normal time should be.

I usually get my prayer times off the website "Islamicfinder.org" and those are the times I have been following ever since I took my shahada. That is the same website I got my adhan from which I have downloaded to my computer so it goes off at the prayer times. Anyway the email that I got from the masjid in my area has all different prayer times and they added sahoor and iftar times on it which is the reason I chose to print it and follow it. Then after I began the fast this morning I was looking at the paper I printed out and I compared it to the adhan on my computer and realized the times are all off. So now Im very confused why the masjid in my area has different times than the adhan I downloaded and which I have been following all this time.

Another thing that happened today is that after I fasted and prayed and read Quran I fell back to sleep since I had the morning job off today (alhamdulillah) and I had nothing but bad dreams that kept waking me up! One of the dreams was that I was in a restaurant and I drank ALCOHOL (which I never even did BEFORE I was Muslim) then after I drank it I remembered my fast and thats when I woke up!!!!! Terrible dreams! Why is this happening to me on my first Ramadan??? I come here and read how happy everyone else is and I feel like Im a failure and Ramadan has just BEGUN!!!!!!

Sorry to complain. Its not the fasting that is bothering me obviously. THAT part is the easiest.......its all the rest making me feel bad! WHY?

Saalam,

I'm sorry to hear your 1st day of Ramadan didn't go that well, but I'm sure you enjoyed the meal during Iftar! Doesn't food taste so much better?!

You should ask someone you know about when to stop eating since that's the most important one. The sun rises here at 6:10 and the fajr at my Masjid starts at 5:30, so I usually stop eating after 5:15ishh

As for breaking fast, even without time you can safely eat after the sun sets which is when Maghreb time begins.

Hahha, don't be too hard on yourself Sister!
The Prophet :saw: told us not to pay attention to dreams that have no significance (bad, negative dreams).

:wasalam:

Isra

aka Tree2008
Saalam,

I'm sorry to hear your 1st day of Ramadan didn't go that well, but I'm sure you enjoyed the meal during Iftar! Doesn't food taste so much better?!

You should ask someone you know about when to stop eating since that's the most important one. The sun rises here at 6:10 and the fajr at my Masjid starts at 5:30, so I usually stop eating after 5:15ishh

As for breaking fast, even without time you can safely eat after the sun sets which is when Maghreb time begins.

Hahha, don't be too hard on yourself Sister!
The Prophet :saw: told us not to pay attention to dreams that have no significance (bad, negative dreams).

:wasalam:

Wa alaikome salam.....

Well actually I spoke too soon about how my first day of Ramadan was going. By the time I got to my job I had decided to wear hijab out in public for the very first time so I was a bit nervous but that went VERY well. I figured out which time line to go by so that issue was solved and I worked an entire 8 hours during my fasting and that went very well too. By the time I was actually able to break the fast I really didnt even WANT to!!!! hahaha

My first day of fasting Ramadan was EXCEPTIONAL!!!! I should have waited until today to comment on it. A few bad dreams.............no big deal compared to how well the rest of the day went. I was worried for nothing.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum , alhumdulilah its been great the past two days :) I hope this month doesnt end :D - and sister Isra, keep it up!!

Manaal_e_Afghan

Walaikum Salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

*jazakumu'Allah Khair
MashAllah My fast is Going very Good and Peaceful
the whole environment is blessed
May Allah swt Forgive our sins and Guide us to Sirat ul Mustaqeem
Ameen