How long do you sleep?

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Okej, but if something is sunnah doesn't mean it's bad if we don't do it right? Because I wouldn't find a sollution at all to go sleep early in the evening and be up from 2 AM til evening when working all day long.

..you are right..
we have to consider our situations and be wise and sincere..
it's good to stick to sunnah btw.
we'll try our best inshalah and
may Allah accept our worship.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
On a bad night, 5 hours. On a good night, 8 hours. But I dont feel guilty about sleeping 8 hours because if you dont get quality sleep at night, your day the next day will be sluggish and slow. More likely to not get things done :(

"And have appointed your sleep for repose, and have appointed the night as a cloak. And have appointed the day for livelyhood" ((An-Naba 78:9-11))

I also sometimes take a mid-day nap If I dont have work or school on that day, since Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) took mid-day naps himself and allowed it.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
As-salaamu'alaykum

I can sleep and sleep and sleep...
Weekdays due to Madrassa i only get a few hours but over the weekend i catchup on the lost hours. :)

Wassalaam

kayleigh

If you only slept 3 hours a night, I think you would get sick after awhile. There's no way that can be good for you if you're doing it long term.

I usually get 7-8 during my work week. On my days off, I'd like to get more if I can. Usually 9. But I think I slept 12 hours this last night lol, but its okay since its a day off. I'm extremely sensitive to sleep - I get sick if I don't get enough.

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
It depends on each individual. If I get 7-8 hours of sleep I'll get groggy and that day would be a tiring one. 5-6 is Alhamdulillah enough for me.

Abdullah77

I sleep 7 hours. I tried to sleep 4 hours but it made me dizzy. Is anyone here know how we can sleep just 4 or 3 hours without getting dizzy?

Assalamu Allaykum Wa Raahmatullah Wa Baarkatuhu,
When you are in bed and ready to go to sleep, relax your body parts one by one the following way.
Imagine that you are relaxing your right hand, you will fill that your right will move from tense position to relax position.
Then you may relax your left leg. You do not have to follow any particular sequence. Just imagine any of your body parts and let it relax. I am usually not able to relax my full body because I go to deep sleep before that and I need less sleep.
May Allah SWT help you with your sleep.