How long do you sleep?

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Enough Allhamdulillah

"And of His signs is your slumber by night and by day, and your seeking of His bounty. Lo! herein indeed are portents for folk who heed." (Quran, Al-Room, 23).

Wa Allaicumu Sallam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Asalama alykum

i see but you know i sleep by the time i pray isha and wake up for fajr and pray fajr. i pray isha @ 9:30pm i sleep when i pray and for fajr i pray on 5:40am or 45. And i sleep for like 8 hours and still iam thanking to Allah (SWT).

wasalama alykum

arzafar

Mashallah i sleep good; minimum of 8 hrs every day

but i have slept 14 hrs a few timers and 16 hrs once (after i had been awake for 2days). I love my sleep!

kubra_2002

Allahu Akubar!!!!!
Mashallah i sleep good; minimum of 8 hrs every day

but i have slept 14 hrs a few timers and 16 hrs once (after i had been awake for 2days). I love my sleep!

I sleep 7 to 8, there times I sleep 4 to 5 but thats rare. yea alhamdulillah, but I wish I can be one those who sleep less and do worship Allah for rest of the night:salah:. Qumi leyla illa qalilaa. may Allah make one of those inshallah..amin:tti_sister::tti_sister:

4mMadara2Amina

:)))))))))))))

Lately when Fajr is so early and the Isha is getting so late it is not possible me to sleep. In day time have many things to do in home and sometimes out of it so there is no chance to sleep. Plus minus am sleeping 4 hours. I'm feeling my health getting to be damaged, because at least people need sleep 8 hours. Well thats what actually now happening with me- starts many difficulties. Well but as far as you feel good to sleep less i think it is okay, but not for all the time, because person needs to have proper rest after some time. :)

Zaii

LifeIsAStruggle____
Haha well I go to bed like 11 or 12 and wakes up after 5-6 hrs. Did you know that if you were to live for 60 yrs, and slept 8 hrs a day, you would be sleeping for 20 years!

Yehh I heard this on a lecture. However, if you read the Du'a before you go to sleep, your sleep has mercy in it or something =( I CAN'T REMEMBER IT!=(

SO BROTHERS AND SISTERS READ THE DU'A BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP =)
:salam2:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
And if you sleep 6 hours a day for 60 years, you would be sleep for about 15 years. There is nothing wrong in sleeping in those extra 5 years. You are helping yourself stay more focused ;) :p

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Yup exactly. If sleeping lesser would make you tired, then i think its ok to extend for a few hours. Because if you're tired then you cant be doing worhip properly.

And quality is better then quantity.

Valerie

I sleep about 7 hours if I'm lucky. I'd rather sleep 6 hours and be feel ready to go when I wake up than 8 and want to go back to sleep.. :)

dian

I sleep 7 hours. I tried to sleep 4 hours but it made me dizzy. Is anyone here know how we can sleep just 4 or 3 hours without getting dizzy?

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum
nice thread MashAllah :)

I usually sleep late cuz i take class during the night... but then i sleep 8 to 9 hours of sleep.... I try to wake up early so i can finish my work.. lolz but i find it hard cuz sleeping is sweet lyk candy :D

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Quite some time. I have some issues with sleep that needs to be taken care of :rolleyes:

Would like to share how our Prophet Muhammad sallallahu a'laihi wa salam used to sleep.

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to sleep sometimes on a mattress, sometimes on a leather mat, sometimes on a mat made of palm leaves, sometimes on the floor, sometimes on a bed, sometimes on the sand, and sometimes on a black cloak.

‘Abbaad ibn Tameem said, narrating from his paternal uncles: I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) lying on his back in the mosque, putting one leg on top of the other. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 475; Muslim, 2100).

His mattress was made of leather stuffed with palm fibres, and he had a coarse woollen cloth that he would fold over twice and sleep on.

The point is that he slept on a mattress and covered himself with a blanket. He said to his wives: “Jibreel never came to me whilst I was under the blanket of any one of you apart from ‘Aa’ishah.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3775).

His pillow was also leather stuffed with palm fibres.

When he went to bed to sleep, he would say: “Allaahumma bismika ahyaa wa amoot (O Allaah, in Your name I live and die).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7394).

He used to put his hands together and blow into them, then recite Qul Huwa Allaahu ahad, Qul a’oodhu bi Rabb il-Falaq and Qul a’oodhu bi Rabb il-Naas [i.e., the last three soorahs of the Qur’aan), then he would wipe his hands over as much of his body as he could, starting with his head and face, and the front part of his body. He would do that three times.

He used to sleep on his right side, putting his right hand under his right cheek, then he would say: “Allaahumma qini ‘adhaabaka yawma tab’ath ‘ibaadaka (O Allaah, protect me from Your punishment on the Day You resurrect Your slaves).”

And when he went to bed he used to say: “Al-hamdu Lillaah alladhi at’amanaa wa saqaanaa wa kafaanaa wa aawanaa fakam mimman laa kaafi lahu wa laa mu’wi (All praise is for Allaah, Who fed us and gave us to drink, and Who is sufficient for us and has sheltered us, for how many have none to suffice them or shelter them).” This was narrated by Muslim, who also narrated that he used to say when he went to bed:

He used to sleep during the first part of the night and get up to pray during the last part. Sometimes he would stay up late to deal with the interests of the Muslims. His eyes slept but his heart did not. When he slept, they would not wake him up; he would be the one to wake up.

When he stopped to rest at night during a journey, he would lie down on his right side, and if he stopped to rest just before dawn he would prop his head up on his forearm, resting it in his palm. This was narrated by al-Tirmidhi.

His sleep was of the best length and it was the most beneficial of sleep. The doctors say that it is one-third of the night and day, namely eight hours."

Miss Aaliyah

Assalamo alaykom,

Before I could sleep like 4-6 hours and I just rested an hour after I studied all day or worked all day. But the last weeks when I've been working 8 hours every day I have forced myself to go sleep 8-9 hours before I have to wake up (including the time to go up and pray fajr in between).

And inshaAllah I will keep this way of sleeping now. Specially when I don't have husband or kids yet who can disturb lol.

MutlekM

:salam2:
ever since spring break i got used to sleeping 4-5 hrs but i got so tired at school 2 days ago that I asked to go to the nurse so i could catch a few Zss now i aint ever gonna sleep less than 8hrs^^.
Peace:)

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
6-7 hr.s usually..
i hope i can reduce my sleeping time..
and how not to sleep after fajr ?
plz give me advice.

assalamualaikum wr wb

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Is it not okej to sleep after fajr? How come when in Sweden fajr now is 2 AM?

oh mashalah i didnt know about that.
here in Jordan is around 4 a.m.

It is reported in Saheeh Muslim (1/463) in the hadeeth of Sammaak ibn Harb, who said: “I asked Jaabir ibn Samurah, ‘Did you used to sit with the Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Yes, frequently. He would not get up from the place where he had prayed Subh (Fajr) until the sun rose. When the sun rose, he would get up. They used to talk about things that had happened during the Jaahiliyyah, and they would laugh and smile.’”

Miss Aaliyah

oh mashalah i didnt know about that.
here in Jordan is around 4 a.m.

It is reported in Saheeh Muslim (1/463) in the hadeeth of Sammaak ibn Harb, who said: “I asked Jaabir ibn Samurah, ‘Did you used to sit with the Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Yes, frequently. He would not get up from the place where he had prayed Subh (Fajr) until the sun rose. When the sun rose, he would get up. They used to talk about things that had happened during the Jaahiliyyah, and they would laugh and smile.’”

Okej, but if something is sunnah doesn't mean it's bad if we don't do it right? Because I wouldn't find a sollution at all to go sleep early in the evening and be up from 2 AM til evening when working all day long.