How long is your roza/ saum?

hopintobelucky

What do you mean by they are made on Earth?

It may be a little bit confusing but I tend to look at it this way... It is a little difficult for me to explain since I thought of it a long time ago, but correct me if I say anything wrong.

My point of view is that a person in this life learns the manners and obtains the qualities that are required in his/her future home. For example, all of our destinies are planned and Allah knows what our final destinations will be... However, we are here on Earth to fulfill those destinies. Jannah is a pure place where everyone has perfect manners, qualities, attributes, could it be possible that we learn those kinds of manners here on Earth. Not everyone with any kinds of qualities can go to Jannah. Only people who have acquired the qualities that meet the admission requirements of Jannah can enter it (just like schools, except your personal attributes rather than your grades matter here). So I was thinking similarly for Jahannam where there is all kinds of filth which admits people who have filthy qualities. May I put it like this "it does not accept good people" because it is not the place for them...

.....So I hope its not confusing for you but that is my analogy for life...Phew:)

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

So here in Denmark we fast for the longest amount of hours?! SubhanAllah I wouldn't have thought that was the case !

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
It may be a little bit confusing but I tend to look at it this way... It is a little difficult for me to explain since I thought of it a long time ago, but correct me if I say anything wrong.

My point of view is that a person in this life learns the manners and obtains the qualities that are required in his/her future home. For example, all of our destinies are planned and Allah knows what our final destinations will be... However, we are here on Earth to fulfill those destinies. Jannah is a pure place where everyone has perfect manners, qualities, attributes, could it be possible that we learn those kinds of manners here on Earth. Not everyone with any kinds of qualities can go to Jannah. Only people who have acquired the qualities that meet the admission requirements of Jannah can enter it (just like schools, except your personal attributes rather than your grades matter here). So I was thinking similarly for Jahannam where there is all kinds of filth which admits people who have filthy qualities. May I put it like this "it does not accept good people" because it is not the place for them...

.....So I hope its not confusing for you but that is my analogy for life...Phew:)

Asalaamu Alaikkum

This is exactly my thinking, it's uncannily like you have stolen my thoughts. :p

If I could further add sis, the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) states in a Hadith that some people who looks like they are going to Jannah (pious, prays etc) will falter towards the end of their life and some who looked like they were heading for hell will actually attain Paradise towards the end of their life due to acts they did such as du'a and good deeds.

Narrated `Abdullah:
Allah's Messenger (), the truthful and truly-inspired, said, "Each one of you collected in the womb of his mother for forty days, and then turns into a clot for an equal period (of forty days) and turns into a piece of flesh for a similar period (of forty days) and then Allah sends an angel and orders him to write four things, i.e., his provision, his age, and whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into him. And by Allah, a person among you (or a man) may do deeds of the people of the Fire till there is only a cubit or an arm-breadth distance between him and the Fire, but then that writing (which Allah has ordered the angel to write) precedes, and he does the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters it; and a man may do the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is only a cubit or two between him and Paradise, and then that writing precedes and he does the deeds of the people of the Fire and enters it."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 6594
In-book reference : Book 82, Hadith 1
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 8, Book 77, Hadith 593

hopintobelucky

Asalaamu Alaikkum

This is exactly my thinking, it's uncannily like you have stolen my thoughts. :p

If I could further add sis, the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) states in a Hadith that some people who looks like they are going to Jannah (pious, prays etc) will falter towards the end of their life and some who looked like they were heading for hell will actually attain Paradise towards the end of their life due to acts they did such as du'a and good deeds.

Narrated `Abdullah:
Allah's Messenger (), the truthful and truly-inspired, said, "Each one of you collected in the womb of his mother for forty days, and then turns into a clot for an equal period (of forty days) and turns into a piece of flesh for a similar period (of forty days) and then Allah sends an angel and orders him to write four things, i.e., his provision, his age, and whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into him. And by Allah, a person among you (or a man) may do deeds of the people of the Fire till there is only a cubit or an arm-breadth distance between him and the Fire, but then that writing (which Allah has ordered the angel to write) precedes, and he does the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters it; and a man may do the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is only a cubit or two between him and Paradise, and then that writing precedes and he does the deeds of the people of the Fire and enters it."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 6594
In-book reference : Book 82, Hadith 1
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 8, Book 77, Hadith 593
Hehe...What a coincidence...

It's a very chilling reminder what can happen at the turn of the minute...Life is certainly not an easy task to complete! I just hope that Allah will keep me in his path and that if I stray, he will stop me (and more importantly that I will understand!).

I just hope that I will be under the shadow of mercy. It all depends on Allah's mercy in the end. I hope that he is on my side or that he makes me!!!:D

noora1

Statue of Liberty under the clouds! :D

lol, oh I see.