• As many as Allah gives

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh dear brothers and sisters

This is like a survey which I am interested to do, for the purpose of an article to be posted on my Islamic Blog inshaAllah. I sincerely ask each of you to make a selection from the options in the poll.

Jazakumullahu Khiaran katheeran in advance. :)

Question is: How many children do You wish to have? Please be direct. :) This is not about a decision to have this or that. But I am hoping you atleast have something in mind that I will love to have this and that.

1) Just One
2) Not more than Two
3) Two to Four
4) As many as Allah gives

Its simple. Just be direct.

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Shak78

No more then two, I have a son who is almost two and we want another child in a couple of years.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
2 is ideal but I can live with more, allahu alim.

I also plan to adopt the children, from other countries like Pakistan.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
this is a very beautiful poll;)
I already have 4 children of 3-2-1 years and the last one of 15 days.maybe Allah decided me to have so many children.in despite of my bad childhood,I wish to give to my children all the love and the attentions they need.I'd like to have a son,in sh Allah,but at the moment I say "stop" because they are too young and very chaotic....but if it arrives,well it is welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!:SMILY346:

xAllahKnowsBestx

this is a very beautiful poll;)
I already have 4 children of 3-2-1 years and the last one of 15 days.

Aww sis, that's so cute. They're all almost the same age, and they could grow up together. :p And it's always great to have little ones running around your house. :D :D

And to answer the question, I voted for 2-4. :D :D

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Aww sis, that's so cute. They're all almost the same age, and they could grow up together. :p And it's always great to have little ones running around your house. :D :D

And to answer the question, I voted for 2-4. :D :D
:)I don't know how to explain,but everytime I delivered one child,after some months I felt the malincony of the pregnancy.it became a sort of "desease".I liked how little my child was,until I wished to have anotherone.I always prayed Allah to have more children and they arrived in the time I wished.Alhamdulillah,I'm a super-mom!;)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:)yes,but for respect of the women who maybe wished to have children but they didn't arrive,I return back to my steps and simply say Alhamdulillahi ta'ala

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

Yeah, I don't want any or need any. I'll just teach everyone else's kids all of my useless knowledge.

esperanza

revert of many years

Yeah, I don't want any or need any. I'll just teach everyone else's kids all of my useless knowledge.

im sad to read ur answer,,,,and also when usaid ull never marry,,inshalla you will find a good wife,,,,and maybe one day have chikldren,,,,dont be so negative about yourself

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was blessed with two. If I had known the joy I would started to have children at 15 and had 15.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam 'alaikum warahamtu-llah

I've voted for the 'as many as Allah gives'
may Allah bless me with loving, kind and righteous children.

but I need to get married first! :)

insha Allah everything will be fine

wassalam

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
im sad to read ur answer,,,,and also when usaid ull never marry,,inshalla you will find a good wife,,,,and maybe one day have chikldren,,,,dont be so negative about yourself

Well I am dealing with some other issues in my life right now, and I need to sort those out first. Then I can think about other things. But right now, my priorities have to be in the correct order...

aisha16

Lots of people think from the whole western standpoint of having two and only two kids. But that seems pretty selfish and silly after all. I know I used to think the same thing too....but the more the merrier as they say. Besides it would be pretty boring having two kids running around the house :p

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa baarakatuhu

Alhamdulillah I love children a loot and that is why I make always duas to Allah that Inshallah He bless me with a loot of children. :shymuslima1:

They are the most beautiful creaturs of Allah and they are gift for their parents.:SMILY252:

Alhadmulilah, as many children as Allah gives.

SubhanAllah, all Praise be to our Rabb, the most beautiful Creator.

:wasalam:

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

i voted for "as many as Allah gives" because of the virtue of having lots of children in islam, found this article on islamqa, its a bit long but just read the bolded one..

Encouragement to have a lot of children

I noticed that people are of two types: those who encourage us to have few children and those who encourage us to have a lot of children. Is there is evidence to support either of these two opinions?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Abu Dawood (2050) narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yasaar said: A man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “I have found a woman who is of good lineage and is beautiful, but she does not children. Should I marry her?” He said, “No.” Then he came again with the same question and he told him not to marry her. Then he came a third time with the same question and he said: “Marry those who are loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers before the other nations.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 1784.

This hadeeth indicates that it is encouraged to marry women who are fertile, so that the numbers of the ummah will increase, and so the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will feel proud of his ummah before all other nations. This shows that it is encouraged to have a lot of children.

Al-Ghazaali said that when a man gets married, intending thereby to have children, that this is an act of worship for which he will be rewarded because of his good intention. He explained that in several ways:

1 – This is in accordance with what Allaah wants, which is to perpetuate the human race.

2 – Seeking the love of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in having many children, so that he will feel proud of them before the other Prophets and nations on the Day of Resurrection.

3 – Seeking barakah (blessing) and a great deal of reward, and forgiveness of sins through the du’aa’ of a righteous child after one dies.

It is well known that since ancient times children have been the hope of the Prophets and Messengers and all of the righteous slaves of Allaah
, and that will continue to be the case so long as man’s innate nature (fitrah) remains sound. Children are a blessing whom people love and on whom they pin their hopes.

Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) prayed to his Lord, saying (interpretation of the meaning):

“My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous”

[al-Saafaat 37:100]

And Allaah says of Zakariya (peace be upon him) (interpretation of the meaning):

“When he called out his Lord (Allaah) a call in secret.

He said: ‘My Lord! Indeed my bones have grown feeble, and grey hair has spread on my head, and I have never been unblest in my invocation to You, O my Lord!

And verily, I fear my relatives after me, and my wife is barren. So give me from Yourself an heir.

Who shall inherit me, and inherit (also) the posterity of Ya’qoob (Jacob) (inheritance of the religious knowledge and Prophethood, not of wealth). And make him, my Lord, one with whom You are Well-Pleased!’

(Allaah said) ‘O Zakariyya (Zachariah)! Verily, We give you the glad tidings of a son, whose name will be Yahyaa (John). We have given that name to none before (him)’”

[Maryam 19:3-7]

Allaah praises His righteous slaves in many ways, such as when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who say: ‘Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders of the Muttaqoon (the pious)’”

[al-Furqaan 25:74]

And Allaah tells us that Shu’ayb (peace be upon him) commanded his people to remember Allaah’s blessing to them when He made them many after they had been few. He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“And remember when you were but few, and He multiplied you”

[al-A’raaf 7:86]

He regarded their being multiplied after they had been few as a great blessing which obliged them to obey Allaah and obey His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Undoubtedly the benefits of increasing the nation’s offspring are obvious to everyone who thinks about the matter. Hence nations who understand this matter have been keen to encourage their people to increase their numbers and also to make their enemies reduce their numbers by means of specious arguments and sometimes by using means that lead to infertility and having few children, by means of drugs, contaminated food stuffs that reduce fertility and so on. This is one of the means of war used against the Muslim ummah by its enemies.

We ask Allaah to ward off the evil of those who disbelieve and to thwart their plots against the Muslims.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13492

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

MashaAllah some of you have made me smile so much really. :) :)

Keep it coming more and more. :) This is just a survey, so better I do not say something about your opinions.

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Aisha..how can it boring having any child in the house. You have the number that Allah gives you.

Status
Not open for further replies.