How many languages do you speak ?

Ibrahim_nur

:salam2:
My name is Ibrahim Nur,
Somali(100%).
Arabic, i can read, i can write, somehow i can understand, but i can't speak.
English(50%)
Spanish, only i know the bad words.
french, merci , soeur and frere. Lol this are the words i know.
Kiswahili i can understand somehow if they are backbitting me.

warda A

Sister

i also remember there was a post regarding this topic.

me: English, Arabic, Swahili, alittle french that i have almost forgotten and i agree KSA that the pronounciation is so different from the spelling, some native african language that i have almost forgotten.
i would love to speak japanesse , i believe it is almost sound swahili to me at time, like mori moto lol.
I would also love to speak spanish, i know a few words.

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
Assalaamu alaykum

sis KSA_lover ma cherie, كيفك يا عسللللل وحشتينييي
:hearts:

well, i speak arabic (100%) mostly my dialect, but i understand and try to speak in all other dialects (algerian, lebanese, saudi, etc), french (100%), english, italian (say 75%), hindi-urdu, and a bit bengali (a bit of shudho and bit of sylheti) :D
alhamdulillah

wa :salam2:

Kakorot

Assalaamu alaykum

sis KSA_lover ma cherie, كيفك يا عسللللل وحشتينييي
:hearts:

well, i speak arabic (100%) mostly my dialect, but i understand and try to speak in all other dialects (algerian, lebanese, saudi, etc), french (100%), english, italian (say 75%), hindi-urdu, and a bit bengali (a bit of shudho and bit of sylheti) :D
alhamdulillah

wa :salam2:

MashaAllaah ukhti :D

BrotherKhalid

I was born and raised in Canada so I'm fluent in English, but I began learning Spanish at 16 and am now pretty proficient there as well (pero lo necesito hablar mas. Donde vivo nadie lo habla). I have been learning Japanese for some time now. I know enough to survive if I were alone in Japan but not enough to begin giving da'wah to Japanese friends.

Since learning Spanish I find I can read French fairly easily although I can't speak it or understand it spoken to me very well at all.

As for reading, I have the Japanese phonetic system (kana) down well, and I have memorised a couple hundred kanji. I have studied the history of writing systems which was lead me to end up learning to understand the Greek alphabet (even though I don't actually speak any Greek).

Insha Allah I want to learn Arabic now. Aside from a few words and basic pronounciation I can't say I really have any proficiency at all. I sometimes practice writing English sentences with the Arabic alphabet/abjad and alhamdulillah that seems to be helping. :)

Wa salam.

PS: Translation of the above Spanish: (but I need to speak it more. Where I live no one speaks it).

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I was born and raised in Canada so I'm fluent in English, but I began learning Spanish at 16 and am now pretty proficient there as well (pero lo necesito hablar mas. Donde vivo nadie lo habla). I have been learning Japanese for some time now. I know enough to survive if I were alone in Japan but not enough to begin giving da'wah to Japanese friends.

Since learning Spanish I find I can read French fairly easily although I can't speak it or understand it spoken to me very well at all.

As for reading, I have the Japanese phonetic system (kana) down well, and I have memorised a couple hundred kanji. I have studied the history of writing systems which was lead me to end up learning to understand the Greek alphabet (even though I don't actually speak any Greek).

Insha Allah I want to learn Arabic now. Aside from a few words and basic pronounciation I can't say I really have any proficiency at all. I sometimes practice writing English sentences with the Arabic alphabet/abjad and alhamdulillah that seems to be helping. :)

Wa salam.

PS: Translation of the above Spanish: (but I need to speak it more. Where I live no one speaks it).

MaSha'aAllah !

teach me Japanese and I'll teach u Arabic hehe

arigattou for passing here

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Asalamalikum

i speak urdu, phastuo, arabic, english n persain(farsi) :) Alhumdillah

و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته

فاستو ؟ لغة إيه دي ؟ أول مرة أسمع بيها
بلكن من لغات الهند .. مو ؟
:)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
erm i can speak pushto,urdu,english,read arabic and i'm going to get lessons from you sis to learn to speak it:wink:.and 0.1% somali:p+ 2% spanish:p

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalaamualaykum,

Whoa! You guys are also pashtuns??? Mash'Allah!

Didn't realise there were so many on tti!!

Walaykumasalaam.
:salam2: sister

yeah i'm gonna ask you like sis hibba where're you from:biggrin:.you said so many???howcome i encountered only two till now.:shymuslima1:

Almaas

Asalaamualaykum,

Well there was a thread ages ago about Pashtuns and being the lost tribe of Israel (which is obviously wrong....), and people replied to that saying they were also Pashtun. Even so, maybe there aren't so many..?

Yes I'm from Peshawar (I already vm'd Sis Hibba) :)

ansari

STRANGER...

Aasay kohi puchta ha? sab say pehlay urdu ko english ki writting main mila

kar, phir app jinab puch rahain hain, kay kiya app ko ati ha! :SMILY303: :lol:

:wasalam:

:wasalam:

jee aisey hi poochta hoon mein :D :lol: .. hum idar bohot baat karte hain urdu :D ... maybe app nay pehli bar dekha :p ..

ansari

STRANGER...
HIBBA - PATHAN
gzk1 - PATHAN
Seeking Allah's Mercy - PATHAN

itnay saray pathan :D ye tu kuch bi nai TTI par aur bi hain :D .. app loog khush na hoo mein pathan shakal se lagta hoon, waise hoon nai :p :lol: