Want to learn:

Arabic.
Hebrew.
Aramaic.
Italian.
Spanish.

sis khadidja

proud to be muslim
:salam2: great to know some cool languages going round:) me arabic 100% english 100% french 99% nearly ther berber language (kabyle) dont know if you understand :) dosent matter any thats about me!

rayray

computer language, body language, mathematical language, baby talk... pig latin...

I want to be good at:

language of the universe, language of the heart

mmasood65

Aslamoalikum
Urdu is my national language , English official language , Punjabi family language and i read Quran in Arebic . When i have to talk in English , i think in punjabi and then translate it in English and it takes time.Person talking to me thinks i am duffer and he/she starts talking to someone else. And when i have to write in English i make spelling mistakes.I read Quran in Arebic and then understand it with urdu or english translation.
My openion is know one language and one should must be master in it in all respects

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu Alaikum:hijabi:

This thread is TotAllY intresting- Jazakallah for starting it sis 'KSA_LOVER':)

Well, as for M3, I've got a list::D:D
Aside from the obvious, iI speak-
TOTAL Somali- we got a croud of 'em here masha'allah
TOTAL oromo- not sure if ya'll heard of it but it's an african lang. lol:)
Can read and write Arabic but only speak like 25%:)
20% CraZZY kiswahili:D:D
5% spanish, i think:) 5% Amharic- i think it's another unknown lang:)
2% urdu and indian- been learning it:D
2% french and italian...they're hard:D:D
oh, and 2% eriterean, Jaluwo and kikuyu--they're the funniest african langs i've ever seen wallahi:D:D:D

stay blessed people:D:D:D:D
wassalam

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
What do you call someone who speaks many languages?

Poly-lingual .

What do you call someone who speaks three languages?

Trilingual.

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

Bilingual.

What do you call someone who speaks only one language?

An American.

But, seriously, my mentor after returning from Vietnam in the 1971 was an inspiration to me. He spoke more languages fluently than a person has fingers. He has translated Theological Books from German into English for publication. And, even though I belonged to MENSA, I always felt stupid in comparison to him. When I was attending the University, he was at a different University teaching. He told me that I should first learn Latin, then Hebrew and Aramaic and then Sanskrit and Arabic. I didn't do it.

Now as a much much older person, I am conversant in Spanish, and know some German, Japanese, Russian, Hebrew, and am now working in my free time to learn Arabic, Insha Allah.

Here in America, unlike Europe and other areas where Nations speaking different languages are often interacting, the average American feels that he isn't going to visit foreign countries and those coming here should speak English. It is very difficult and expensive to have official business conducted in dozens of languages and with the exception of The Foreign Legion in France very difficult to have a military. Americans has always had immigrants from other parts of the world. Each group disliked the arrive of the next. However, now we are having an invasion of Illegal aliens who not only don't speak English, but are coming here illegally. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but the world we now live in is comprised of Nations and each Nation is a sovereign entity. Just as the war torn Middle East resents the presence of Americans and other foreign occupiers; so, Americans resent having to Press One For English That is the name of a song on youtube, but I didn't imbed it because it has musical instruments and doesn't glorify Allah.

However, more and more Americans are learning Spanish and to a lesser extent other languages of their heritage.

FYI. I come from in addition to 5 Great Grand Parents of European decent (I am at least 4th or 5th generation Native Born American. and 3 American Indian Great Grand Parents (I don't like calling American Indians "Native Americans since prior to the European invasion of North America there was no America and the words Native Americans means born in America and not an ethnic designation

My wife just called me for breakfast, so, again Shokran for the friendship, support, encouragement, and guidance.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
hehe u made me smile :p

In sha'a Allah you'll learn Arabic soon and any question you have please don't hesitate to ask me I'm an Arab as u see .

Happy meal ^

and 3afwan عفواً you are our brother and we all are happy to help you :)

azmirush

:salam2: to all multilingual brothers and sisters,

Alhamdullillah, Allah has granted variety of languages and skills for us to master those languages. May we all use it for the benefit of the ummah-unity, friendship etc.

:wasalam:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
when i speak in english, English say sorry i dont know French. LOL

As Slamu Alaykum, I had the exact same thing happen 15 or so years ago before I became conversation in Spanish. When an English speaker speaks Spanish to a Mexican American 1st generation he or she is complimented and encouraged for their Spanish learning. It is quite nice. Unfortunately, since many Puerto Rican Americans grow up speaking Spanish, often they are not as complimentary or encouraging as I found out when I asked a question in Spanish and was asked if I was speaking Canadian. lol In California, I was in the home of a family that spoke little English. I wanted to compliment them on the large kitchen, but instead I told them that they had a large pig sty. It was rather tense for a few minutes till my mistake was clarified. lol

For those wishing to learn or improve languages without spending money, I love LiveMocha.comjust click no thanks when registering for a course and offered the premium pay package. It is very similar to the Rosetta Stone Program which I had tried when they offered a pay by the month online program which I don't think they do any longer.

deen_islam_4ever

deen_islam_4every1
assalaam alaikum
i can speak pshto farsi urdu english little bit arabic
i like arabi language very much but i dont know inshallahin march i will join class to learn arabic language
May Allah help us
walaikum salaam

hassan_ganari

Assalamu alaikom wa tahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

you guys speak lots of languages, but you're not the only ones :p

I am Arabic so I know Arabic language (o_O).

I speak and write in French language just like Arabic, since my country was occupied by the French guys we had their language 2nd in our programs.

Of course I can communicate in English which I prefer over French (I turn almost every software I install in English).

I can read and write Japanese, after a month of studies you'll found it very easy inshallah !

I speak and read very little Italian and Romanian.

But in the end, the Arabic language is the best one, I don't agree with most of people who says it's very hard, you can learn it very fast. What is hard even for native Arabs is to master its grammar.

For all of you who embraced Islam, you absolutely MUST learn Arabic before anything else, don't waste time on things related to Islam, start with the language that Allah choose for the Quran. HE said that HE made Quran easy to read and comprehend for those who want to. So don't trust that saying that Arabic is hard or Quran is hard, believe in Allah WHO told us that it is easy.

(>_>) Assalamu alaikom wa tahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. (<_<)

(^_^)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
'alikum salam,I'm Italian by birth,but as Allah wanted, I knew my husband,who's arabic and muslim,so I remember from the time we were interested to each other I first bought A book ok Arabic grammathic and phonetic,then I started to read everything it was written in Arabic and I learned some suras of Quran in the original language.So now I able in English,French,German,Spanish and Arabic too!Subhanallah