How Not To Be Interviewed By CNN About The Holocaust

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, somewhere in time I read the book.

The author devised a system of psychotherapy due to his experiences. In the camps those who had given up and were ready to die were called Muslims. This was the derogatory word for fellow Jews. I found that to be highly offensive. And I still do. Imagine you are in a concentration camp and you still have the arrogance to mock those who believe in Allah.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, somewhere in time I read the book.

The author devised a system of psychotherapy due to his experiences. In the camps those who had given up and were ready to die were called Muslims. This was the derogatory word for fellow Jews. I found that to be highly offensive. And I still do. Imagine you are in a concentration camp and you still have the arrogance to mock those who believe in Allah.

:salam2:
ERRR! I dont think so! there is no implication for this at all in the book. Yes he speaks of people giving up on life and just waiting to die but they were never referred to as Muslims... Maybe you should recheck... I know for sure I would remember something like this.... He writes about religion in the realm od pschotherapy but only the relation and intersection... not a mockery....

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Sorry Aapa! I stand corrected - forgive me....
I found the part.. wasnt said by the author himself but by another man he spoke with. Didnt mention whether he shared the opinion or not. Besides, this really has nothing to do with my point - that personal experiences are too detailed to be faked. It might be true that the numbers are scewed but something happend....

"One prisoner, the
doctor of a block, of huts and a man of some
sixty years, told me how he had
entreated Dr. M to let off his son, who
was destined for
gas. Dr. M coldly refused.)
"But one thing I beg of you"; he continued,
"shave daily, if at all possible, even if you
have to use a piece of glass to do it . . . even
if you have to give your last piece of bread
for it. You will look younger and the
scraping will make your cheeks look
ruddier. If you want to stay alive, there is
only one way: look fit for work. If you even
limp, because, let us say, you have a small
blister on your heel, and an SS man spots
this, he will wave you aside and the next day
you are sure to be gassed. Do you know what
we mean by a 'Moslem'? A man who looks
miserable, down and out, sick and emaciated,
and who cannot manage hard physical labor
any longer . . . that is a 'Moslem.' Sooner or
later, usually sooner, every 'Moslem' goes to
the gas chambers. Therefore, remember:
shave, stand and walk smartly; then you
need not be afraid of gas"

bmw540i

:salam2: Brother...
WHY?! :( Whats wrong with Zimbabwe - its an absolutely beautiful country!

Oops nothing wrong with Zim only Uncle Mugabe.I know many great people in ZIM Mufti Ismail Menk,Moulana Moosa Laher.:mashallah: but Mr Mugabe hmmmmm.It is one of the seven wonders of the world yes great country.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You raise a good point about personal experiences. Yet, The Diary of Anne Frank and Night are both examples of literature of the Holocaust that depict extremely intimate details and are untrue.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..

Oops nothing wrong with Zim only Uncle Mugabe.I know many great people in ZIM Mufti Ismail Menk,Moulana Moosa Laher.:mashallah: but Mr Mugabe hmmmmm.It is one of the seven wonders of the world yes great country.

(i think we are allowed to hijack the thread a little since you are the creator :p)

Mufti Menk is great MashAllah, he has an amazing way of connecting to young peolpe.
I havent heard of Moulana Moosa Laher actually... maybe he's from an other town..
So yes, I am proudly Zimbabwean - we stole the saying from the South Africans! I studied at UCT tho - so know all about YOUR beautiful country.
Keep all Zimbabweans in your duas, esp those who are still there fighting out the struggle. Day to day it is not easy. May Allah guide our leaders.

Ok, now back to the Holocaust......