How to discard the essay?

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Salam brothers and sisters,

I'm wanting to discard some school notes that I do not need. My friends and I are probably gonna burn them, but the problem is I wrote a essay on islam and it has some quranic verses and verses of hadith printed on it (translations ofcourse), so what is the best way to discard it? do i white out the translations or what? because i got many copies printed, i don't need it all :p

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
:salam2:

actually yeah the best way to do it is burn them just like uthman radiyallahu anhu did for damaged mushaf, or you can bury them.

see fatwa lajnah daimah no 968 if im not mistaken.

edit: this fatwa actually applies to mushaf but since you said that the essay contains verses from the quran so i think it should be treated the same, Allahu a'lam.

True_Sultan

A logical believer

actually yeah the best way to do it is burn them just like uthman radiyallahu anhu did for damaged mushaf, or you can bury them.

see fatwa lajnah daimah no 968 if im not mistaken.

edit: this fatwa actually applies to mushaf but since you said that the essay contains verses from the quran so i think it should be treated the same, Allahu a'lam.

Salam Brother,

sadly i cannot find that hadeeth. Anyone else have ny idea's...but i googled it and it says that burning is a last resort..it should be burried where no one will walk...but thats impossible place to find in a metropolitan city :)

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
Narrated Anas bin Malik: Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to 'Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur'an, so he said to 'Uthmfin, 'O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Qur'an), as Jews and the Christians did before'. So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, 'Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you'. Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman
then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair, Sa'id bin Al-'As and 'Abdur Rahman bin Hari-bin
Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. 'Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, 'In case you
disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish as the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue'. They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. 'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt. Zaid bin Thabit added, 'A verse from Sura al-Ahzab was missed by me when we copied the Qur'an and I used to hear Allah's Apostle reciting it. So we searched for it and found it with Khuzaima bin Thabit Al-Ansari'. (That verse was): 'Among the Believers are men who have been true in their convenant xwith Allah' (33: 23). Bukhari, VI, No. 510.

what i found is the above hadith, i'll provide an explanation later inshaAllah if the others haven't do so, right now i'll have to prepare for jum'ah prayer.

wassalamu'alaikum.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Narrated Anas bin Malik: Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to 'Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur'an, so he said to 'Uthmfin, 'O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Qur'an), as Jews and the Christians did before'. So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, 'Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you'. Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman
then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair, Sa'id bin Al-'As and 'Abdur Rahman bin Hari-bin
Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. 'Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, 'In case you
disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish as the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue'. They did so, and when they had written many copies, 'Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. 'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt. Zaid bin Thabit added, 'A verse from Sura al-Ahzab was missed by me when we copied the Qur'an and I used to hear Allah's Apostle reciting it. So we searched for it and found it with Khuzaima bin Thabit Al-Ansari'. (That verse was): 'Among the Believers are men who have been true in their convenant xwith Allah' (33: 23). Bukhari, VI, No. 510.

what i found is the above hadith, i'll provide an explanation later inshaAllah if the others haven't do so, right now i'll have to prepare for jum'ah prayer.

wassalamu'alaikum.

ahh nice, i'll await ur explaination :p

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله

sorry i'm late, i was going to explain this with own words but just now i came across a fatwa from islamqa.

alhamdulillah i guess i'm saved from whatever mistakes that i'm going to say lol.

Burning pages of the Mus-haf that have become worn out
Is it permissible to burn pages of the Mus-haf if one fears that they may be mishandled?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, if the Mus-haf becomes worn out and there is the fear that it may be mishandled and may reach a state where it cannot be read and benefited from, there is nothing wrong with burning it or burying it in pure earth, because both were done by the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them). They buried Mus-hafs and they also burned them, when the Sahaabah united the people upon a single Mus-haf, which was the Mus-haf of ‘Uthmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him), and they burned all other Mus-hafs.

If a Mus-haf has reached a state where it cannot be benefited from because it has become worn out, then it should either be buried in a pure place, or be burned. Both were done by the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (1/127).

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/105326

True_Sultan

A logical believer

sorry i'm late, i was going to explain this with own words but just now i came across a fatwa from islamqa.

alhamdulillah i guess i'm saved from whatever mistakes that i'm going to say lol.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/105326

Ahh nice nice.

Well you see idk if the ayats in my essay's were worn out, though the teachers and editors did circle stuff and cross stuff out in my essay. but they didn't touch the quote.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
Ahh nice nice.

Well you see idk if the ayats in my essay's were worn out, though the teachers and editors did circle stuff and cross stuff out in my essay. but they didn't touch the quote.

regardless of the verses in your essay is worn out or not, but your still going to throw them away right? because the purpose of burying or the burning of the mushaf is to avoid it from abjection or degradation (e.g. being stepped on, exposed to najaasah).