how to make the most of the last third of the night

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Salaam alaikum

I want to start fully utilizing the last third of the night? should I be dhirking, making dua or making salaah.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu Alaikum dear filAllah:)
well, my suggestion would be salah and Quran recitation:) for Allah says in HIs GLORIOUS unCREATED word
~~the meaning~~
Stand (to pray) all night, except a little half of it or a little less than that
or a little more, and recite the Qur'an (aloud)in slow, (pleasant tone and style)...
plus if you also want to memorize that is ONE of the BEST times to memorize the Qur'an:)
Allah hafiz now and always:D

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Make Salat first

then in whichever order you like...

~ Recite Qura'an
~ Make dhikr (especially istighfar read the verses quoted below)

"Verily, the pious will be in the midst of Gardens and Springs, taking joy in the things which their Lord has given them. Verily, they were before this good-doers. They used to sleep but little by night. And in the hours before dawn, they were (found) asking (Allah) for forgiveness" [Ath-Thariyaat 51:15-18]

and

"The steadfast, and the truthful, and the obedient, those who spend (and hoard not), those who pray for pardon in the watches of the night" [Al-Imran 3:17]

(Of course you can do dhikr or istighfar *anytime* but this is a time that is favored :)..and Allah Knows best)

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

may Allah help and reward you for your good intentions.

well, i'll advcie to do all three. in this way u will not get bored.

make salaah, take little rest
read Quran, take little rest
do dhikr

in sunnah, i find prophet (saws) and sahaba (ra) making salaah with long rakaats.