How we should interact with Non-Muslims??

Non Muslims don't deserve our kinds behavior and we should not befriend them?

• Total voters

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum

dear sister, i know what you say, not all people are the same, there are so many nice kind people non-muslim,
but i see many stress this respect relation,
i dont understand what this respect relation is between religions, there are no more religions, there is just one, islam, alhamdllilah the other are inovations,

may Allah help us :tti_sister:

:salam2:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Its quite pathetic how quick people are to say 'we cannot hate them!! never!' and then say how they showed you respect, as if you are so deeply indebted to them for showing you some basic human dignity that should be due by default. Muslims have such inferiority complexes, its sad.

Hidayah is in Allaah's hands, you simply behave in the way required of you.

Respect them as individuals and treat them with courtesy, nobody here has said this is the wrong thing to do; the lifestyles and values they stand for and actively live by, is described in my post here:

al-fajr said:
We hate their lifestyle it lacks morals, their economic system wich has no ethical grounding; exploits the poverty stricken to serve the wealthy, we hate their degredation of women and their onslaught on everything that keeps society stable, such as family and community ties, we hate the fact that they destory the fitrah in their own children and try to do the same to Muslim children, we hate the fact that they are taught that there is no God. so worship your lowly self.
None of this, amongst many other features of kufr, is to be respected by Muslims, if you claim to love and respect this then you need to check your Islaam, its as simple as that.

Wa-salam

helpinghumanity

Its quite pathetic how quick people are to say ....

Assalamo alaikum sister,

You are a moderator. Please be careful with your words, as your responsibility is much more higher than others. Shed light by giving examples and lets have a fruitful discussion...Jazakumullah Khairun..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We love that which Allah subhana wa taala has commanded us to love. And what better than to be in the company of Muslims. It is Sunnah. End of subject.

When it comes to non-Muslims we hate the actions of those who choose disbelief. We try to reach out. That is mandatory in our faith. But, there comes a point when we leave them alone.

We have to have the wisdom of learning what to leave alone. We are provided with examples in the Quran.

We make the choice not to spend time in the company of those who are drinking. We make the choice to spend time in the company of those who are in salat. We respond to those who are seeking.

We are in the world. We are not living lives in little bubbles. But we have to establish boundaries. Those are listed for us in the Quran and the Sunnah. It is that simple.

It is not a matter of debate or interpretation. We have libraries filled with wisdom. We have the scholars who explain to us the consequences of our actions.

rightpath_357

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Sisters and brothers, the answer to this thread is extremely simple.

We do not need to be the "BEST OF FRIENDS" with non-believers, but it is said again and again by Allah (SW) and our beloved Prophet (SAW) , to treat EVERYONE with kindness and respect, no matter WHO or WHAT they are. How else will we guide people to Islam?

We must be good, not only in our actions and worship, but in our good character towards others, because this is one of the BIGGEST and MOST IMPORTANT good deeds that we can attain. Not just a good deed, a requirement of a good Muslim.

Asalamu Alaikum.

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Just a point of reminder from some reactions here. You say your non-muslim friend has been more sincere, kind, etc. than your muslim friend. You find an excuse for your non-muslim friend. Has your non-muslim friend been sincere to his/her creator? Why doesn't his disobedience repel you? Why is that his/her disbelief doesn't move your heart or affect you just like when your muslim friend disobeys or hurts you. Why can't you find an excuse for your greedy, selfish, prejuidiced muslims? At least they pray 5 times a day and pay zakat. They do not violate the rights of the creator to be worshipped. Being greedy, selfish, prejuidiced, is not a greater sin than Shirk. Are we okay with non-muslims commiting Shirk? I think then we might be underestimating Shirk. Secondly, by hating sister Al-fajr doesn't mean treating them bad or talking to them rude. You can still give them Dawa'h without so much love for them.

Our religion is moderation. It is balanced. We don't take any extreme.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Please forgive me for not reading all the responses up there, as I am in a hurry now.

Al-Walaa' Wal-Baraa' (Love and Hatred) towards one another is a very sensitive issue. Many 'Ulama of the Ummah has said that it is even directly related to the Tawheed (The Creed).

The verse the brother have mentioned there is often misunderstood by some of the Muslims and non-Muslims alike. However, let us not jump into any conclusion before knowing the Tafseer of those verses which are among the "Mutashaabih".

(Note: Quran has two types of verses, which are Muhkam and Mutashaabih. Please search a trustful place like IslamQA for information.)

I have never heard or seen from any Islamic Scholar that taking a non-Muslim as a friend is Haram, however, all of them said that making them our close allies and those whom we place our trust, and those whom we rely our affairs on, and those whom we get help from and are close, then it is not allowed in Allah's Deen.

We must keep in mind that there is a very specific limit to keep with the friends of other faiths, because the Prophet (pbuh) has said that a person is on the way of his friend, and to see how a person is, he commands us to look at his friend.

I voted NO in the poll. :)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

This is a good thread. It is helping us to understand our faith. As we increase in practicing our faith we gain understanding as to what we need to heed.

The Path of Love is serious stuff. It is not a game to be played. We need to be true to ourselves and have total responsibility as to the intentions of our actions.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamo alaikum sister,

You are a moderator. Please be careful with your words, as your responsibility is much more higher than others. Shed light by giving examples and lets have a fruitful discussion...Jazakumullah Khairun..
I always try to be careful with my words and I was careful in that post.

It is pathetic, I wasn't directing that word at any specific member here, I was describing the inferiority complexes Muslims tend to have and that is pathetic in every sense of the word, my not saying it a) doesn't do anyone any favours and b) doesn't change what it is!
Ershad said:
Secondly, by hating sister Al-fajr doesn't mean treating them bad or talking to them rude. You can still give them Dawa'h without so much love for them.
Thankyou.

Wa-salam

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)

I agree with the brothers/sisters who say friendship and being kind, treating justly, and dignity is totally different. I don't think there's really any benefit in becoming friends with non-Muslims. If for dawah reasons only you welcome them into your house and life just so they can get a first hand look at how Muslims live, then I think that's ok. But just being friends with them with no intention of doing dawah, that is not good and does not benefit the Muslim with his deen. It's good to to even not be friends with bad Muslims, forget about Non Muslims.

But sister findinglight did bring up something which has confused me for a very long time: Muslim men being allowed to marry christians and jews. We all know the relationship between a husband and wife is one that is very intimate; it is a relationship that has/or should have love, respect, trust and all good things. So if a Muslim man is married to a non-Muslim woman, is he not supposed to love and trust his wife then? because she is NOT Muslim? We know christains believe in and worship Prophet Isa as Gods' son:astag:, so a christain is still considered a kafir. I'm just confused when it comes to this, really confused. I am in no way asking why because I don't want to even question any ruling of Allah's but I would just like some explanation from someone else InshaaAllah and how they understand this ruling.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

Sister, I have not said anything about their lifestyle, I am aware that we should hate kufr in all its forms! However, a person is human before they're this or that and we're told to be kind to everyone. I keep this particular friend close to me in hopes that one day she will be a Muslim---I have to show her my lifestyle in order for her to see the beauty of it. The fact that "their lifestyle lacking morals" has nothing to do with me being close to someone who isn't a Muslim. If my words show extremism, that is fine and at the end it's YOUR opinion, I believe that in order for us to show the beauty of Islam, we have to live it. We have to show those who don't have Islam what they're missing and it is through OUR BEHAVIOR that either welcomes them to our DEEN or DRIVES THEM away from our DEEN!!!

I understand al walaa wal baraa.....and I do not feel that how I am treating my friend is out of the fold of "al walaa awl baraa." If been kind and open---showing EVERY aspect of a Muslim's daily life to someone who is not a Muslim is now "extreme" then BE it!
Your words are from extremism.

Ofcourse there is hatred, hatred for Allaah's sake, we are commanded to hate what He hates and love what He loves.

We hate their lifestyle it lacks morals, their economic system wich has no ethical grounding; exploits the poverty stricken to serve the wealthy, we hate their degredation of women and their onslaught on everything that keeps society stable, such as family and community ties, we hate the fact that they destory the fitrah in their own children and try to do the same to Muslim children, we hate the fact that they are taught that there is no God. so worship your lowly self.

There is nothing to respect about the lifestyle and values of kufr, this is very clear, it is all oppression, on themselves and others. Yet there is no reason to hate them as inidividuals but you must certainly dislike their actions and beliefs.

Regardless of an individual's religion, colour or background they have the status of a human being first and foremost, thus, the rights that go with that.

There is no contradiction between al-walaa wal baraa and the requirement to treat non-Muslims with courtesy. They should be treated justly and spoken to with dignity; Muslims are people of dignity because belief in Tawheed dignified us so this is what we emanate, inshaAllaah.

Wa-salam

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
:salam2: to all
What a beautiful morning it is - raining in the desert :)
Sister Esperanza - raining there??

Assalaam walaikum,

We love that which Allah subhana wa taala has commanded us to love. And what better than to be in the company of Muslims. It is Sunnah. End of subject.

When it comes to non-Muslims we hate the actions of those who choose disbelief. We try to reach out. That is mandatory in our faith. But, there comes a point when we leave them alone.

We have to have the wisdom of learning what to leave alone. We are provided with examples in the Quran.

We make the choice not to spend time in the company of those who are drinking. We make the choice to spend time in the company of those who are in salat. We respond to those who are seeking.

We are in the world. We are not living lives in little bubbles. But we have to establish boundaries. Those are listed for us in the Quran and the Sunnah. It is that simple.

It is not a matter of debate or interpretation. We have libraries filled with wisdom. We have the scholars who explain to us the consequences of our actions.

Aapa has really explained this well. But there are a few issues here... We are all human being and we all have emotions, Allah has made us this way. And yes, above all we are to obey to Allah's command and nothing else. There is no question about that. and i dont think anyone here is questioning that.
But lets look at a few things here. When you have a bad preconception of a certain person or people, how can you even begin to be kind to them let alone do dawah??

Its quite pathetic how quick people are to say 'we cannot hate them!! never!' and then say how they showed you respect, as if you are so deeply indebted to them for showing you some basic human dignity that should be due by default. Muslims have such inferiority complexes, its sad.

Hidayah is in Allaah's hands, you simply behave in the way required of you.

Respect them as individuals and treat them with courtesy, nobody here has said this is the wrong thing to do; the lifestyles and values they stand for and actively live by, is described in my post here:

None of this, amongst many other features of kufr, is to be respected by Muslims, if you claim to love and respect this then you need to check your Islaam, its as simple as that.

Wa-salam

:salam2: Sister... why are you so insistant on painting them all with the same brush. I am not nor anyone here supports a non-muslim. I am not nor anyone here is saying that they love non-muslim practices or respects their practices.

Think about the perception that the "west" has about Islam and Muslims... are we all suicidal terrorists? Muslims are not terrorists, but that is their perception and consequently they assume WE ARE ALL THE SAME. Just like sister Esperanza said - one lady said - you are Muslim therefore terrorist.

If we hate this assumption, how can we do the same to assume that all non-muslims are the same and have practices such like those you repeatedly mentioned?

Dont forget a lot of people on this forum are reverts. some of them being the sole muslim family member. how can he/she turn around and suddendly look at his/her mother as an immoral, disrespectful, unethical woman.

And sister you should refrain from telling people to "check their Islam".... you come across as thinking you are better. The only ranking we muslims have above or below each other is in piety and between you and the others on this thread, i dont think you know enough about any of us to judge our level piety.

And just a basic note, if you read up and see the tone which is used in all the replies in this thread, and then read the tone in your thread - a lot of negativity comes out..

in your first response you didnt even make salaam before you started accusing someone of extremism! every single one of us here comes from a different background Sister... most of us grew up with non-muslims... take a second to think about his or her situation before typing away...

There is an important message that you need to deliver and underneath the tone in your posts, i see the message. but the most important thing that we ALL need to realise is not what our message is but how we deliver it - the words we use, our mindset, our attitude. if that is not right then our message become futile.

And you are right - there is no debate here. When it comes to Allah, His word is final. I just dont feel we should assume all non-muslims are the same.

Wasalaam.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

But sister findinglight did bring up something which has confused me for a very long time: Muslim men being allowed to marry christians and jews. We all know the relationship between a husband and wife is one that is very intimate; it is a relationship that has/or should have love, respect, trust and all good things. So if a Muslim man is married to a non-Muslim woman, is he not supposed to love and trust his wife then? because she is NOT Muslim? We know christains believe in and worship Prophet Isa as Gods' son:astag:, so a christain is still considered a kafir. I'm just confused when it comes to this, really confused. I am in no way asking why because I don't want to even question any ruling of Allah's but I would just like some explanation from someone else InshaaAllah and how they understand this ruling.

:wasalam:

It is chaste women from ahlul kitaab Jews and christian that muslim men are allowed to marry,let me post the complete ruling ,inshaAllah.
Ruling on a Muslim man marrying a non-Muslim woman and vice versa
ar - en - ur - zh
Share |
I have some questions about Islam, could you explain them for me? Is it permissible for someone who follows Islam to marry someone who does not follows Islam without that person converting to Islam after marriage?.

Praise be to Allaah.
It is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim woman if she is Christian or Jewish, but it is not permissible for him to marry a non-Muslim woman who follows any religion other than these two. The evidence for that is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Made lawful to you this day are At‑Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods, which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits)]. The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends”

[al-Maa'idah 5:4]

Imam al-Tabari said in his commentary on this verse:

“chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture” means, free woman among those whom have been given the Scripture, namely the Jews and Christians who believe in what is in the Tawraat (Torah) and Injeel (Gospel) from among the people who came before you, O believers in Muhammad, whether from among the Arabs or other people; you are permitted to marry them “when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage)” which means, if you give to those whom you marry of your (Muslims’) chaste women and their (Jews’ and Christians’) chaste women their mahrs or dowries.”

(Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 6/104)

But it is not permissible for a Muslim man to marry a Magian (Zoroastrian) woman or a communist woman or an idol-worshipping woman, etc.

The evidence for that is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And do not marry Al-Mushrikaat (idolatresses) till they believe (worship Allaah Alone). And indeed a slave woman who believes is better than a (free) Mushrikah (idolatress), even though she pleases you”

[al-Baqarah 2:221]

A mushrikah is an idol-worshipping woman who worships stones, whether from among the Arabs or others.

It is not permissible for a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim from any other religion, whether from among the Jews or Christians, or any other kaafir religion. It is not permissible for her to marry a Jew, a Christian, a Magian, a communist, an idol-worshipper, etc.

The evidence for that is the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire, but Allaah invites (you) to Paradise and forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember”

[al-Baqarah 2:221]

Imam al-Tabari said:

What is said concerning the interpretation of the words “And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you” is that what Allaah meant by that is that Allaah has forbidden the believing women to give birth to a mushrik, no matter what kind of shirk he believes in. So, O believers, do not give your daughters in marriage to them, for that is forbidden to you. For you to give them in marriage to a believing slave who believes in Allaah and His Messenger and that which he brought from Allaah is better for you than to give them in marriage to a free mushrik even if he is of noble descent and honourable origins, even if you like his descent and background…

It was narrated that Qutaadah and al-Zuhri said, concerning the phrase “And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon”, It is not permissible for you to give them in marriage to a Jew or a Christian or a mushrik who is not a follower of your religion. (Tafseer al-Qurtubi, 2/379).

Islam Q&A
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21380/marry non muslim

Also let's know who the ahlul kitaab are.

Who are Ahlul Kitab( The people of the book)
en
Share |
Who are the AHLUL KITAB? Are they the ones who believe in oneness of Allah? Or do they include the ones who believe in trinity? If they include Trinitarians, is trinity not SHIRK? And are present day christians in Africa also amongst the people of the book?

Praise be to Allah.

People of the Book consist of both believers and disbelievers, as indicated in the Qur'aan, where Allaah (AWJ) mentions the disbelievers among them (interpretation of the meaning):

"O people of the Scripture!: Why do you disbelieve in the verses [about Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him)] of Allaah, while you (yourselves) bear witness (to their truth)". (Aala Imraan, 3:70)

And:

"Say: O people of the Scripture! Why do you stop those who believe from the path of Allah, seeking to make it crooked, while you (yourselves) are witnesses? And Allaah is not unaware of what you do". (Aala Imran, 3:99)

And Allah (AWJ) said about the believers among them, making clear the difference between them and the aforementioned (interpretation of the meaning):

"Not all of them are alike; a party of the people of the Scripture stand for the right, they recite the Verses of Allaah during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer. They believe in Allaah and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right and forbid evil and they hasten in good works; and they are among the righteous. And whatever good they do, nothing will be rejected of them; for Allaah knows well those who are the pious". (Aala Imran, 3:113-115)

These people also believe in our Prophet (S) and the Quran which was revealed to him as mentioned (approximate translation of meanings is):

"And there are, certainly, among the people of the Scripture, those who believe in Allah and in that which has been revealed to you, and in that which has been revealed to them, humbling themselves before Allah. They do not sell the Verses of Allah for a little price, for then is a reward their Lord. Surely, Allah is Swift in account". (Aal Imran, 3:199)

The disbelief of the disbelieving People of the Scripture, that include Jews and Christians, in our times does not expel them from being People of the Scripture. So, the rules and regulations related to them regarding permissibility of eating their food and marrying their chaste women, in the Qur'aan and Sunnah, are still applicable to them.

See also question #103.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/300/ahlul kitab

Ershad

Assalamu alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Bismillah

Some information from scholars which might be useful for people to get deeper understanding of Al walaa wa Baraa, Insha Allah, especially knowing the fine lines of difference. This is a excerpt from Shaykh Sulayman al-Ruhaylee's lecture in Maktabah Salafiyyah Dawrah Ilmiyyah in Madinah 2011.

Then the shaykh spoke of al- walaa (loyalty) and said its foundation is the love of the heart and whatever follows on from it of external, apparent actions. An example is that you love your Muslim brother (for the sake of Allaah), and following on from that, by way of example, is that you visit him. However if you loved him because he is a trader, or for some other reason, and then you visited him, them this is not al- walaa. Then the shaykh said al-baraa (disownment) is the hatred of the heart and whatever follows on from it of external actions. When you hate an innovator for his innovation and boycott him, this is al- baraa, it is inward hate couple with external manifestation. But if you hated him for some other reason besides his innovation, for a worldly matter, and then avoided him, this is not al-baraa which is required by the deen. The second matter is the types of al-walaa wal-baraa. There are two types, legislated and prohibited. That which is legislated is that you a) love Allaah, and b) love what He loves and c) love whom He loves. That which is prohibited is that you a) love what Allaah hates, such as shirk, innovation and fornication etc. and b) love whom Allaah hates, such as the mubtadi' and mushrik. Likewise with al-baraa, it follows the same. That you hate what and whom Allaah hates, this is the legislated al-baraa. But if you hate what and whom Allaah loves, this is the prohibited al-baraa. The third matter is that when a Muslim loves a non- Muslim is it just a single type? No, there are types, a) loving him for his religion, this is kufr b) loving him for a matter of sin, such as music c) loving for him his worldly gain, such as one whom he does business with, d) loving in a matter that is permitted in the shariah, if we say football is permitted, like loving a footballer for his skill in football, e) loving for a reason established in the shariah, such as loving a woman from Ahl al-Kitaab that one has married, f) having love that is natural, innate, such as loving non-Muslim parents, relations etc. These six fall into one of four rulings that apply. Love that is Kufr (a). Love that is haraam (b,c,d). Love that is permitted (e). Love where there is no accountability, which is the natural love one feels for non-Muslim parents, children etc. (f). The shaykh advised at the end that whilst we hate false religion it does not mean that we do not behave with benevolence towards the non-Muslims, rather we show them good manners and show honesty and justice in dealings with them and that we be kind to them and so on.

I hope this clarifies the doubts, Insha Allah especially with respect to Al wala wal baraa and love for non-muslim parents and loving a woman from Ahl al-Kitaab that one has married.

Wassalamu Alaikkum

MuslimShadow

Nice thread.

Three things need to be clarified.

1.Friendship in an islamic perspective.

2.The person(non muslim) standing next to you has he/she really rejected the message of Allah.Have we really given dawah?.Do they know Allah.?i.e definition of kaafir.

3. A Muslim can never share the bond( of friendship,slave of Allah,love for the sake of Allah) with a non muslim that he/she shares with another muslim.(This need not be clarified.It's pretty clear.:)

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Salaam Brother,

This explains everything very clearly.... JazakAllah Khair.

a) loving him for his religion, this is kufr b) loving him for a matter of sin, such as music c) loving for him his worldly gain, such as one whom he does business with, d) loving in a matter that is permitted in the shariah, if we say football is permitted, like loving a footballer for his skill in football, e) loving for a reason established in the shariah, such as loving a woman from Ahl al-Kitaab that one has married, f) having love that is natural, innate, such as loving non-Muslim parents, relations etc. These six fall into one of four rulings that apply. Love that is Kufr (a). Love that is haraam (b,c,d). Love that is permitted (e). Love where there is no accountability, which is the natural love one feels for non-Muslim parents, children etc. (f).

Ershad

1.Friendship in an islamic perspective.

Different people have different definitions for a friend. It is because different people have different requirement out of friendship. Nowadays, people have friends even without knowing about them or ever seeing them etc. Some people have friendship for material needs and some for emotional and social requirement. Therefore, friendship is really broad term. In Islam, we love and hate for the sake of Allah. We wish goodness and welfare of our fellow muslims in dunya and akhira for the sake of Allah. However, I don't know of a fatwaa that defines friendship. But, I would like to share something that I agree with from Scholars.
Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi said:

“Know that not everyone is suitable to be your friend. You must verify that this potential friend has the neccessary characteristics that make friendship with him something to be desired. The one you seek to befriend must have five characteristics:

1. He must be intelligent, as there is no good in befriending an idiot, as he will only harm you when he wants to benefit you. By intelligent, we mean one who understands things as they are, either on his own, or if they are explained to him;

2. He must have good manners, and this is a must. One who is simply intelligent might be overcome by anger or desire, and obey his desire. Thus, there would be no benefit in befriending him;

3. He must not be a fasiq, as such a person would not fear Allah, and whoever does not fear Allah cannot be trusted;

4. He must not be an innovator, as his abundance of innovation is feared from befriending him;

5. He should not be eager for the dunya.”

['Mukhtasar Minhaj al-Qasidin'; p. 126-132]

And by innovator in 4th point, he means innovation in religion i.e. Bida'h. This is a good piece of advice while seeking a friend.

2.The person(non muslim) standing next to you has he/she really rejected the message of Allah.Have we really given dawah?.Do they know Allah.?i.e definition of kaafir.

I think you are trying to understand difference between Kaafir and Mushrik here:

Shaykh Salih Al-Fawzaan said :

Shirk is more general than Kufr. Every Mushrik is a Kaafir but not every Kaafir is a Mushrik. The Mushrik worships Allah and worships other than him, as for the kaafir, then he rejects the existence of Allah and does not acknowledge Allah. A Kafir need not necessarily be mushrik because they can also be an Atheist or Rejector
Source: http://abdurrahman.org/aqeeda/diffmushrikkaafir.pdf
So every non-muslim would fall into either of this category.
That is the Christians, Hindus or whatever religion they are, should be called kaafir since they commit shirk though all of them might not have rejected Allah. But, they associate partners with Allah.

Edit:
I wanted to add view of Shaykh Al-Albaani also here. He (Rahimahullah) considers even Atheists and Rejectors as mushriks since they associated their logic as partner with Allah. But Allahu A'lam.

Regarding giving Dawa'h to them without having love for them, I came across a fatwa of Shaykh Ibn Baaz (rahimahullah):

Q: I have non-Muslim neighbors and I would like to call them to Islam. What is the best way to do so? May Allah reward you with the best!
(Part No. 28; Page No. 237)
A: You should call them to Islam through visiting them or inviting them to dinner and presenting Islam to them. This is not considered the love which contradicts with Iman (faith), for the aim of this is calling them to Allah, directing them and advising them. This should be observed as well with evildoers among neighbors and relatives for it is commendable to invite them in order to advise and direct them. This is not considered loyalty to them but Da`wah (call to Allah) and direction.

Source:
http://www.alifta.net/Fatawa/Fatawa...69&MarkIndex=12&0#NonMuslimneighborsandIwould

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
@ finding light

What I have said actually is pretty much no different to what it says on IslamQA and you are quite simply extrapolating my words according to your warped interpretation and applying them to contexts of your personal choice.

I don't know if you're simply looking for an argument because I find it hard to believe anyone can seriously misunderstand my words the way you apparently are doing so.

Dont forget a lot of people on this forum are reverts. some of them being the sole muslim family member. how can he/she turn around and suddendly look at his/her mother as an immoral, disrespectful, unethical woman.
Where on earth did that come from? The fact you think I was saying this is what you should do proves my point; I will assume you don't get it.

as for this:

And sister you should refrain from telling people to "check their Islam".... you come across as thinking you are better. The only ranking we muslims have above or below each other is in piety and between you and the others on this thread, i dont think you know enough about any of us to judge our level piety.
Muslim really cannot love kufr and if he or she does, then this is hugely problematic for their Iman/belief in Islam, this is a fact! A bit like knowing committing a major sin will lead one to Hell fire, the love of kufr and Islam cannot exist in one and the same heart. You took this personally for some reason when there was no need to!

Final attempt, maybe you're confused about terminology:

Kufr: This is descriptive of certain actions or beliefs completely contrary or outside the fold of Islam. An act can be described as an act of kufr, a belief, a thought, a system of governance can all be described as 'kufr'.
Kafir/Kuffar (pl): These imply people themselves. Those who are not Muslim, the individuals.

Now.. we cannot love kufr.

On the other hand, a Muslim should be kind and courteous to the Kafir/Kuffar and treat them with respect. This is the average kafir they do not even know. If you have a kafir relative them look back to how the daughter of Abu Bakr as-Sideeq radiAllaah anhu was happy that her kafir Mother was visiting her in Madinah, she was encouraged to esteem her mother regardless of her disbleief.

I hope this clarifies things a bit?

Take care sis.

Wa-salam

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Salaam Sister al-fajr...

I have understood what you are trying to say. My only point was that non-muslims are not all the same. Yes there are those (maybe even majority) who fit your description and there are some who dont... you cant just make a blanket statement.

If i have clearly mis-understood you, it would be nice for you to take the time to explain it to me in a way that I understand, given that you undertand what Im trying to say... After all thats what this site is about - clearing the misconceptions and misunderstandings...

Forgive me sister, looking for an arguement is definitely not what I am here for. But kindly asking you to be aware of the way you deliver a message, yes.

*facepalm* - what is that? your palm in my face or your palm on your face???
Either way - is that a nice response?????? :(

I have utmost respect for everyone here, i feel i know nothing compared to anyone and I would really like we could understand eachother's poiints...

So i do request you to take the time instead of *facepalming* :)

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
it doesnt clarify - but it reiterates (what you and others have already said). I understood your point and others points the first time. I just didnt like your blanket statement and they way you wrote your messages.
And that its difficult for us to be kind to people when are hearts are already drenched in hate for them.

Anyhoo, I think we all made our points now. Thank you all for the new information..
Sister al-fajr - its all good :SMILY139: (my facepalm)