Humor of Shaykh Uthaymeen Rahimahullaah

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

It took me a while to figure out where to put this - either under Biography or Character, but in the end I suppose it does have a lot to do with character, one that bases humor off true events and situations and doesnt resort to lying!

Whatever the case, I thought this was really cute and funny mashaAllaah so I thought I'd post:

Humor of Shaykh Uthaymeen Rahimahullaah

[yt]8deBwZPERo0&feature=sub[/yt]

Note from poster: At 1:57, it should have said: No this is NOT narrated from the Salaf.

Questioner: Shaykh, may Allaah reward you with Paradise. I see in my dreams as if I am sitting in your class. I have certain questions, so I ask you and you give me the answers. What is the ruling with regards to those answers?

Shaykh Uthaymeen: I don’t remember this. I don’t remember this. I don’t notice in my sleep that you are asking me anything! No don’t depend on this. If you listen to a tape, that’s fine. But we don’t give lessons to those who are sleeping!

Questioner: With reference to the Hadeeth, there is no competition except in, shooting arrows, foot-racing or horse-racing, what is your opinion if someone engages in Rooster-racing or Pigeon-racing?

Shaykh Uthaymeen: Look, the Prophet (salallaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: there is no competition except in shooting arrows, foot-racing, or horse racing – because these things are to be used in war! Because of this benefit, it is allowed. If your rooster is used in war so that you ride on it, then it is allowed!

Otherwise not.

Questioner: Is it allowed for me to buy a rooster so that when it crows, I ask Allaah of His bounty?(1)

Shaykh Uthaymeen: I don’t know about this. Is it ordained for a person that when he hears the crowing of a rooster, that he asks Allaah of His bounty? So the question is: “Is it allowed for me to buy a rooster so that when it crows, I ask Allaah of His bounty?” But I am afraid that your rooster will be silent! No, this is not narrated from the Salaf. And all praise is due to Allaah.

You ask Allaah for His bounty whether you hear the rooster or not. Ask of His bounty always.

Questioner: What is the ruling on killing an insect in the Haram?

Shaykh: Which?

Questioner: Killing an insect in the Haram.

Shaykh: Like what?

Questioner: Like anything harmful!

Shaykh: Like what?

Questioner: Like a bird!

Shaykh: Birds! Pigeons? The questioner asked about the ruling on killing insects in the Haram (Mecca). And he wanted an example, but he was unable to answer. And he said Birds! Hmm..

Questioner: Anything!

Shaykh: Anything? Even killing humans?

Questioner: Humans?

Shaykh: You said anything!

Questioner: Killing insects!

Shaykh: Like what!

Questioner: Those in the Haram…like ants!

Shaykh: Ants? I have never seen an ant in the Haram!

Questioner: I want the ruling!

Shaykh: Now look – you just taught us that pigeons are insects!!

Questioner:
I have an example!

Shaykh:
Which is? A mosquito?

Questioner: Yes a mosquito..

Shaykh: Good.

Footnotes:
1) The questioner asked a slightly different question but the shaykh answered the question in the video.

Transcribed from: Humour of Shaykh Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah)|| Liqaa baab al-Maftooh #200 and 218​

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

JAZAKALLAHU KAHIR for sharing..:)

Look, how sweet and down to earth was the Shaikh..:) MAY ALLAH AZZAWAJAL always bless him..:tti_sister::tti_sister:

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

BarakAllaahu feek, No problem ... I've done that myself as well, so running off a search with some of the words in the post/title usually reveal reposts if there are any.