I am 26 years Old, is it too late for me to marry? Please Advice

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Why every women should even have children? :oops: I never wanted to be a mother and seems that Allah understood that. Some want, some don´t.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Salam alaykum

Why every women should even have children? :oops: I never wanted to be a mother and seems that Allah understood that. Some want, some don´t.

wa alaykum salam,

It is a choice, as is getting married, and people should respect that. It does not diminish your being a woman in the least.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

I was married and my husband agreed this matter with me. He had kids from his the first marriage already.

Seeking Peace

Allah knows better, yes, but in the meantime Islamic societies have allowed these ideas to proliferate. Why? Only Allah knows why nonmuslim society doesnt care about the age of a woman. Instead, the best a 4o year old Muslim woman can hope for is to be a caregiver to an elderly widower, even though she is young and energetic and can still have children.
Assalam-o-Alaikum Wr Wb Sister..

sister i understand...you are right....

the answer to why is sister because the Islamic societies are not following Deen of Allah S.W.T...Islam has strongly emphasized on Nikah and in my knowledge i've never read or heard the age to be a barrier...importance has been laid on the knowledge of Deen, health, status or beauty...not age...

and the situation in non-Muslim societies is an open secret sister...

the point is to keep Deen of Allah S.W.T as THE stepping stone in every sphere of life but our societies are so unmindful of this basic aspect that we are now completely lost in the ifs and whys...

may Allah S.W.T guide us to His Deen...ameen sum ameen..

W'S..

Precious Star

Assalam-o-Alaikum Wr Wb Sister..

sister i understand...you are right....

the answer to why is sister because the Islamic societies are not following Deen of Allah S.W.T...Islam has strongly emphasized on Nikah and in my knowledge i've never read or heard the age to be a barrier...importance has been laid on the knowledge of Deen, health, status or beauty...not age...

and the situation in non-Muslim societies is an open secret sister...

the point is to keep Deen of Allah S.W.T as THE stepping stone in every sphere of life but our societies are so unmindful of this basic aspect that we are now completely lost in the ifs and whys...

may Allah S.W.T guide us to His Deen...ameen sum ameen..

W'S..

Last edited:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I don't know the rationale sister. I just know that Muslim men are very fussy about age and a woman who is in her late 30s is rarely considered by families who are looking for their sons.
I don't know any Muslim women over age 35 that got married. They are all single and don't receive expressions of interest, myself included. Their parents stop looking after a certain age too. That's just the way it is, especially among Indo-Pakstani's, but I think many Arab cultures suffer from the same prejudices.

But I know many non Muslim women who found their husbands in their late 30s, early 40s, and went on to have happy marriages and even children. But I don't think that is possible if you are Muslim.
Alhumdulillah. I know of two sisters who got married "after" the age of 35. One sister got married to someone her age, while the other got married to a second cousin of mine who is about 16 years younger than her (this happened a couple of months ago).

Sisters who have crossed the the age of 30, should read brother mabsoot's post and take his advice. Beautiful post Mashaa`Allah.

Ok, so if Islamic societies are not following Deen, then what options do Muslim women have after age 40 to have children, marry, have sex, be cared for so they don't have to work, etc???
Their greatest option is dependance on Allah. Secondly, why can't they do what "old pops" was suppose to do for them in a respectful way? Thirdly, look at a non martial life with a smile and count their blessings.

Sakeena

Asalam alakikum a sister n good friend has told me about a relative who is looking to marry---but not right away. Looking at two years from now and by then I'll be 26 In Shaa Allah. ;)