I am afraid. First Hijab

Paragon

Tonight i will be going online to see if i can find a place to purchase my first Hijab and i am afraid. I will not be able to wear it right away as it is not an acceptable thing here. I will reserve it for when i am alone and when i go to work as i work alone, also as i am learning to pray. Please understand it is not because of shame that i cannot wear it right away in front of my family.

Is this a sinful thing this thing i am doing? If it is then i must not do it. It is not my intention to harm anyone, to upset anyone or insult anyone here but please understand that it is not an acceptable thing amongst my family.

But what can i do when i see one and my heart breaks, it yearns and weeps for a Hijab and the knowledge that comes with it?

I also do not wish to diminish it's meaning amongst you, if you are offended by the action i am about to take please tell me if it is a sin against your faith.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Hello dear sister in humanity

I think sister, you should first try to read about Allah, His atributes,and try to read first and understand pillars of our deen Islaam InshAllah, because that is the most important for the begining Alhamdulilah. Shahada ( firm belif in one heart, acts and deeds that there is no god except Allah and that Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam is His Servant and His Last Messanger) is the first pillar of Islam.

There are many good threads on TTI about Tawheed MashAllah, and is better that you start from begining Alhamdulilah because you will better understand all other aspects of Islaam with firm belif in Allah.

And Allah knows the best.

If you have more questions about Islam, you are free to ask us InsAllah.

May Allah guide you to Islam. Ameen summa Ameen

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
first of all sister i would like to say mashaAllah (Allah has willed this) im so happy that you r looking to buy & wear ur first hijab :)

i understand ur difficulties i had the same problems wen i first became muslim, but alhumdillah with the help ov Allah i know wear my hijab proud :)

can i ask where u live?? (just being nosey lol)

take it step it by step and inshaAllah with the help ov Allah you will be wearing hijab at no time inshaAllah :)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Tonight i will be going online to see if i can find a place to purchase my first Hijab and i am afraid. I will not be able to wear it right away as it is not an acceptable thing here. I will reserve it for when i am alone and when i go to work as i work alone, also as i am learning to pray. Please understand it is not because of shame that i cannot wear it right away in front of my family.

Is this a sinful thing this thing i am doing? If it is then i must not do it. It is not my intention to harm anyone, to upset anyone or insult anyone here but please understand that it is not an acceptable thing amongst my family.

But what can i do when i see one and my heart breaks, it yearns and weeps for a Hijab and the knowledge that comes with it?

I also do not wish to diminish it's meaning amongst you, if you are offended by the action i am about to take please tell me if it is a sin against your faith.

Hi there,
I am not so sure if you're Muslim or not. You say you wanna wear the hijab yet say "if you're offended by the action I am about to take, please tell me if it is a sin against YOUR FAITH. Is our faith YOUR faith? I don't know.
I love the how you love the Hijab and I pray that God, the creator of all things paves the easy path for you and instills (nourishes) that love for His way in your heart. Ameen
Allah understands your issues at home, and I advise you to take things step by step. If it is easier for you to wear it at work, do so. You do not have to wear it in front of your family anyway as they are your mahrams. Even us Muslim women don't cover at home, we only do when we go out and when we're among men who're not related to us. So, your family doesn't have to know,
May Allah ease the situation for you and all sisters who're struggling with this. ameen

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Are you Muslim? I can understand your sentiments if you are but I'm afraid I'm confused if you're a non-Muslim yearning for hijab without Islam.

sultanb

What you feel is quite normal and you're just coming to terms with it. It is probably what the first believers in Mecca felt, combined with fear of persecution. Or like people who decide to be gay and finally come out to their parents. But know that what you're doing is on the right path. Hijab is not owned by a religion or muslim. It is clothing for those who want to cover themselves. In Islam, it would mean that you are executing what is suggested in the Qur'an.

InshaAllah, you will be given peace, strength and patience in your heart. And when it's time to face your family, face them with good and kindness.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
I had a Kufi long before I even had an idea to go back to read Qur'an seriously, let alone make shahada. It was given to me by a family I stayed with and remained with me like a question mark.

Paragon, if your curiosity is about hijab then so be it. Remember though, hijab isn't just the actual headscarf - in specific situations Sisters have needed to be very inventive and there are many other ways of covering, if going out in public concerns you, there may be more subtle ways. May Allah swt guide you