I am returning.

Robert.

A year ago, I joined Islam. I took Shahadah in the mosque, and was welcomed. However, after a while, I returned to atheism - I had not thought properly about my decisions and hadn't read enough of the Qu'ran. I read books such as Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion and thought it made sense. I was absolutely convinced that there was no God.
I began reading the Qu'ran again a few days ago after I felt unsatisfied with atheism and was drawn to Islam. I have read the first six suras. Literally just now, I finished the sixth, and I see no other option than to become a Muslim. This is not like last year - I will keep reading and learn more. Then, when I have learnt enough, I will go to the mosque and take Shahada. Islam makes me happy, and I have firm belief that the creator of the universe is Allah, and his messenger is Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Praise be to Allah.

Hatty

You do not really need to read everything or know more in order to take Shahada. This is if you are already certain and convinced that Islam is the Truth.

You do not need to learn everything about Criminal law, family law, transportation law etc of the UK, to become convinced that the UK actually exist? and if the speeding limit in the motor way does not make sense to you, you do not say because the speeding limit does not make sense to me therefore the UK does not exist.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Allahu Akbar, I'm truly happy that you have decided to return to the Ummah.

However, I ask that you continue to read the Quran until you finish it. I know you said this isn't like last time; however, you still took your Shahada after reading only parts of the Quran and ended up leaving.

Inshallah you won't leave this time but you've still read a few parts of the Quran and this could potentially become a pattern for you to take your Shahada again and then doubt Islam.

I'm not saying don't take your shahada. Do what you feel is right. Just continue reading the Quran

Robert.

Allahu Akbar, I'm truly happy that you have decided to return to the Ummah.

However, I ask that you continue to read the Quran until you finish it. I know you said this isn't like last time; however, you still took your Shahada after reading only parts of the Quran and ended up leaving.

Inshallah you won't leave this time but you've still read a few parts of the Quran and this could potentially become a pattern for you to take your Shahada again and then doubt Islam.

I'm not saying don't take your shahada. Do what you feel is right. Just continue reading the Quran

I am going to take my shahada soon, but I intend to continue reading the Qu'ran anyway. I feel so happy that I am returning to Islam!

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
All praises to Allah, Allah akhbar. Brother, your journey have just begun, the way fwd I would suggest you keep attach your self with good Muslims and actively seek Islamic knowledge through them, reading and attending to Islamic talks. I'm very happy for your, I will pray and make supplication for you inshAllah.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Brother Robert, this is excellent news, I'm really happy for you.

If you honestly have problems with Atheist challenges, then I'd suggest you follow the likes of Hamza Tzortzis, as he actively engages in refuting Atheist claims against God etc. He does a great job too, Alhamdulillah.

Some links - http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/

Also don't forget to use the search link (in my signature), as that brings you answers from only authentic Islamic sources (instead of mainstream Google, which might confuse you with things).

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
I just love hearing such things in the morning! Thank you Robert for making my day and welcome back. SubhanAllah! Allah is the greatest! May Allah guide you everyday and may your happiness increase every second as you go along your path.
:) :) :)

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Okay Robert, but be careful because you cant just go back and forth. Religion requires more deep thought than that. Not to mention if you lived in a country like K.S.A and you apostated from Islam........I dont think good things would happen.

Just showing you the seriousness of converting to a religion.

Anyway, if you are 100% sure with your choice then subhanallah. We are all here for you through your struggle to living an Islamic life alhamdulilah.

a_stranger

إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لَذِكْرَى لِمَن كَانَ لَهُ قَلْبٌ أَوْ أَلْقَى السَّمْعَ وَهُوَ شَهِيدٌ (50: Quran

50:37 (Asad) In this, behold, there is indeed a reminder for everyone whose heart is wide-awake -that is, [every one who] lends ear with a conscious mind - - *!*!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Islam makes me happy, and I have firm belief that the creator of the universe is Allah, and his messenger is Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Praise be to Allah.
Asalamoalaikom Wa rahmatullahi Wa barakaatuh,

If you keep that belief firm, you are a Muslim brother alright. Welcome to the Ummah brother and Mabrook!

I was going to ask you to listen to Hamza Tzortzis too, but since the brother has already overataken me, I'll just say you make sure you listen to his lectures. Richard Dawkins is an absolute lunatic. I remember having watched brother Hamza trying to debate him and Dawkins ran away.

lovefordeen

A year ago, I joined Islam. I took Shahadah in the mosque, and was welcomed. However, after a while, I returned to atheism - I had not thought properly about my decisions and hadn't read enough of the Qu'ran. I read books such as Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion and thought it made sense. I was absolutely convinced that there was no God.
I began reading the Qu'ran again a few days ago after I felt unsatisfied with atheism and was drawn to Islam. I have read the first six suras. Literally just now, I finished the sixth, and I see no other option than to become a Muslim. This is not like last year - I will keep reading and learn more. Then, when I have learnt enough, I will go to the mosque and take Shahada. Islam makes me happy, and I have firm belief that the creator of the universe is Allah, and his messenger is Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Praise be to Allah.

alhamduililah,you have faith in Allah as the only God and muhammed(saws) as His last messenger...

learning about islam is highly appreciated....
if you have firm faith that there is no God but Allah and muhammed(saws) is His last messenger,then please go ahead and do take the shahadha....

because tomorrow may never come...only Allah knows when each of us has had our last day...and we wouldn't want to die in a state of disbelief ,do we...

i request you to take the shahadha as soon as possible and then learn more of the Qur'an,hadith,seerah etc..

i pray for your guidance to the Almighty,and for guidance to all the muslimeen

lovefordeen

yes,you have to have firm faith before taking the shahadha,and nobody has to force you;and apostasy is a serious crime..

you have to take the decision yourself..subhan'Allah,we are happy to have you into islam in sha Allah...

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Praise be to Allah.

Allahu Akber.
May Allah make it easy for you and make us all steadfasst and firm in faith.Ameen.
If you have any difficulty,feel free to ask those who have knowledge.

Noor El-Huda

Mashallah brilliant news

Brother you need to stick with a good group of people so you learn together and get the support to keep you steadfast inshallah. Do not feel satisfied with just readings on your own. Shaitan is going to continuoulsy play in your mind to bring about doubt, like he does with any of us. You can conquer that by being strong in faith.

Al-Tirmidhi narrated from Ibn 'Abbaas that the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him said: "Hand of God with the group," has from the hadeeth of Ibn' Umar that the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him said: "God does not collect my nation," or he said: "the nation of Muhammad peace be upon him upon an error, and a hand of God with the group" and talk is true also in Saheeh al (1848).

A summary of a hadith that describes a man who had killed 99 people and he wanted to repent, the scholar (at the time) told him to move to a certain place where there are good people. Full hadith : http://www.defenderofsunnah.com/had...r-2/2772-hadith-20-a-man-who-killed-99-people

Noor El-Huda

You do not really need to read everything or know more in order to take Shahada. This is if you are already certain and convinced that Islam is the Truth.

You do not need to learn everything about Criminal law, family law, transportation law etc of the UK, to become convinced that the UK actually exist? and if the speeding limit in the motor way does not make sense to you, you do not say because the speeding limit does not make sense to me therefore the UK does not exist.

Your words make a lot of sense however, considering that it was only few days ago that he declared he that he had taken his shahadah prematurely last year, (I feel terrible saying this) but it might be advisable in this case that he does take some more time. That he takes his shahadah at his hearts content that he has given it time and thought with good research, as well as received the support needed from people here. He may need to affirm this to himself in order to avoid the chances of this being an issue again god forbid. It might be good enough (at this stage) that he is working towards shahadah, and not a an atheist any more? This is tremendous progress. Allahu A'lam.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum;

welcome back to the wonderfull path called Islam. May Allah keeps you strong in your faith and always protect you.

your sister in Islam,
sister Harb

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

May Allah keep you steadfast this time...and May we all live every second of lives and die as Muslims.

Just a suggestion, find yourself good company of practicing Muslims.

“Verily, the hearts of all the sons of Adam are between the two fingers out of the fingers of the Compassionate Lord as one heart. He turns that to any (direction) He likes.

“O Turner of the hearts, make our hearts firm upon Your Religion.”

:wasalam: