I am very interested in learning about Islam

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
Asalam Alakum,

I have been an ordained Christian Minister for decades; however, I find myself being drawn to Islam over the past year. I have ordered a copy of The Noble Quran and a Muslim Prayer book and have called the number for the Islamic Society in my town a few times, but no one has called me back as of yet. How can I learn of Mohammed (Sal Allah o alaihe wasalm) and what Allah (The Most Beneficit and The Most Merciful) expects of me? ] Shukran, Frank

GAZIJA

Staff member
Asalam Alakum,

I have been an ordained Christian Minister for decades; however, I find myself being drawn to Islam over the past year. I have ordered a copy of The Noble Quran and a Muslim Prayer book and have called the number for the Islamic Society in my town a few times, but no one has called me back as of yet. How can I learn of Mohammed (Sal Allah o alaihe wasalm) and what Allah (The Most Beneficit and The Most Merciful) expects of me? ] Shukran, Frank

HI and welcome to the site, I hope you will enjoy your stay. If you want, you can PM me your address and I will send you some books;) if not I will look for some sites, where you can order them.

Bye now

aBCHEr

Salaam
I hope you will find the righteous path insha Allah. These days with technology and Muslim communities everywhere--I think access to islamic books about every thing about the Prophet (saw) and so on is easy. I suggest that you go down to islamic society's office yourself; that way you will meet with them face to face and also expediate the search for islamic books. Or, please use he intenet to buy books and videoes and check online free videoes too. Islam is not limited to the islamic society in your town; they are found evry where. Please make some effort to find assistance some other way and don't give up.

Frank, I hope you will make...

palestine

Servant of Allah
Wow! i'm really proud of you. not many non muslims say Sallahu alaihi wasalam when the Prophet's name is written or mentioned. so i thank you for that firstly. and secondly, you've made a good choice coming to this site as it is one of the best as i've been on here for so long. you can visit the following website, and i believe they will answer your calls or call you back.
www.thedeenshow.com
www.gainpeace.com
enjoy your stay here. take care.

Musulmanin

Welcome to the site Frank, I hope you find your stay both enjoyable and educational.

I would like you to visit

www.islamreligion.com

you may find a number of great articles in different languages on that site.

They also have online live help function.

Visit it, you'll like it.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Welcome to the site. You will find the following interview with the former minister Dr. Dirks very useful:

1) Scroll to the bottom of the page to see his interviews:
http://thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=guest&id=9

2) The following link has the story of Yusuf Estes, a once christian preacher: http://thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=detail&id=550

3) You can also visit the following site and use the chat function when you have specific questions:
http://www.islamreligion.com/category/66/

4) The following website is better than your local place of worship, in helping you to get books and personal help. Try giving them a call.

http://gainpeace.com/

*At your local masjid (mosque), usually you have to show up on a Friday during the congregational prayer in order to get help or speak to the manager. Try these other links first.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
shukram for the welcome

I appreciate all the great links and have bookmarked them. I especially liked the link that A Stranger gave which recites The Noble Quran. It will be very helpful. I will also go to the Islamic Society in the next few days. I hope to learn The Noble Quran better than I know the Bible which I have studied for well over thirty years. I was always so impressed with Muslims who could recite The Noble Quran from memory. Well, it is getting late; so, I'll say goodnight. Shukram for the warm welcome

icadams

As-salamu Alaykum brother.

First, let me say welcome to the forums at TTI, I have found this to be a wonderful resource, as I am sure that you will as well. Second, as a former minister myself, and you will find a few of us floating around here, I understand that what you are experiencing can be a difficult and even painful process. Learning that what we have devoted so many years to was not the complete truth, can be very hard. You will find speed bumps in the road, however, it is also very rewarding. Stick with it.

Let us know how your visit to the Islamic Center goes, and feel free to ask us questions. This is a great place to learn, and an opportunity to see the diversity that exists within the Islamic community. You will find a variety of opinions and attitudes, yet we all consider ourselves brothers and sisters. There is nothing else like it.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa Alaikom

It's nice of you to greet us with the Islamic greeting :)

Welcome home among your family , here all of us are one part , one family , and may Allah guide you to the right path .

Have a nice time !