I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! =(

Kakorot

:salam2:

My coursework is due tomorrow and I'm not even there yet! Got my work out over half an hour ago, all the work is scattered on my bed, yet I'm getting distracted!!
That's the problem with me! I always leave things to the last minute and THEN I panic (but you know what, somehow at the end I always get my work done..) So tonight I have to sacrifice my sleep and stay up all night doing my work and guess what...THERE IS NO COFFEE IN THE HOUSE!

What should I do?? I always say to myself ' ok, I learnt my lesson, I'm not gna leave things to the last minute' but then I do it again!

A bit of advise would be nice because I really want to get rid of this habit. I mean I'm a college student, so when I go uni (InshaAllaah) it's not gna be the same and easy as college. What is the solution??! :shymuslima1:

Jazzakhallaah

Salaam,

Organization is the key to success. Prioritize your work. Start from the most important to the least important. Do this every day. Have an agenda, planner, or use sticky-notes. That's how I did it when I was in school and now I'm doing the same at work.

Don't panic. Inshallah you'll do fine. Sometimes you have to sacrifice and stay up late night. I've done before too :)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

^^^ Yeah, I agree with this.

Organisation and time management. I can't really think of anything else to add to that. ^^

But at the minute, organise your sheets, it will take you 5 - 15 mins, depending on how many sheets you have.

Learn from this experience and make sure it doesn't happen again. Motivation is the key here, you need to find the motivator so that you don't procrastinate in the future. You want to get into a good Uni, there is your motivator, making sure that this piece of work is of good quality with the time available.

Stay calm as well. :)

Walaykum Salaam.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2: sister,
we both share the same problem. i have an assignment to hand in tomorrow and i haven't even touched it yet!!
And here i am on TTI acting as if ive got all the time in the world! But the problem with me is that i don't even sacrifice my sleep!! (hoping to improve inshAllah)
I'd love to give you advice but im stuck to............. we needd will power!! well i do anyway!! id love to send you some coffee, but i dont know if i got any in the house myself!! oh wel!! good luck sister,
i think i'll be off aswell. Take care everyone and remember me in your duaas!!

Rashadi

My coursework is due tomorrow and I'm not even there yet! Got my work out over half an hour ago, all the work is scattered on my bed, yet I'm getting distracted!!
That's the problem with me! I always leave things to the last minute and THEN I panic (but you know what, somehow at the end I always get my work done..) So tonight I have to sacrifice my sleep and stay up all night doing my work and guess what...THERE IS NO COFFEE IN THE HOUSE!

What should I do?? I always say to myself ' ok, I learnt my lesson, I'm not gna leave things to the last minute' but then I do it again!

A bit of advise would be nice because I really want to get rid of this habit. I mean I'm a college student, so when I go uni (InshaAllaah) it's not gna be the same and easy as college. What is the solution??! :shymuslima1:

Jazzakhallaah

Salaam sister, I had the same problem when I was in school and I always waited til the last minute but I learned my lesson from that. The best thing I could advise you to do is take a moment everyday, for example even 20 minutes and take care of your school work. That is what I had to start doing and I will have to do it again if I go back inshaAllah. If it is too much for you, just do a little everyday. Make a scedule and have a time period everyday to do your school work and inshaAllah it will all work out.

Wasalaam

Salaam,

Try working in a quiet place. Locking your room from distraction. Library? Computer lab?

Some people work efficient & effective with groups and classmates. It always was a distraction for me though. See what floats your boat.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

dont worry about it, thats how i spent my entire formal education time lol -- Infact, I am not sure there were students who were as lax as me, as I spent a couple of weeks in Australia and NZ just before my final university exams.

As long as you read through your notes and kind of have an idea what they want you to write, inshaallah you will do well... Dont stress, study! and Remember Allah, at all times.

This life is a journey, it flies by, the real thing that must stress us, is how we can live each day without knowing about our Lord, how we can not be memorising the words of Allah, how we can be so lax in our Islamic duties....

Kakorot

Alhamdulillaah, I'm feeling kinda better now. It's sometimes nice to know that I am not the only one going through this problem.
I wasted my time as well, I had the niyyah that straight after 'Isha salah I'm gna do my coursework, but then I was playing with my baby brother, made a video of him and then put it on youtube, when I could of done that another time. Then I went to my mum and had a conversation with her. I ate, then I went on msn and all these other websites. So..I basically wasted a lot of time that I'm not going to get back :( That is what I mostly regret when I actually think about it.
Yes and having a schedule or something is good, although I hardly stick to them but I think I should give it another go.

May Allaah reward u all, I'm off to do my coursework :girl3: I'm not smiling because I dread doing it! :tantrum1: oh well, that's life..

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i am much better today than i used to be. the real reason why i was bad is because i didn't really know how to prioritize. i would put the least important thing first. just decide which things that you need to get done need to get done first.
:wasalam:

Islam!!yay

Ok here is what I do, I always ,well not always, but sometimes swear to Allah about something. Like I would swear to Allah that I will start studying few days before the actual exam. And knowing its haram to break that oath, I start studying a few days before the exam inorder not to break it.

I dont know if its haram to do that or not ???? anyone is welcome is fix me

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Salamu alaikkum, I so did get distracted and am posting now, you got coursework to hand in, and I got exam :| that to Mechanics 2 :eek: And I really do have the same habit as you do, I dont work all year, and one day before the exams, i keep my eyes wide open and skip through the book so fast (Have you ever seen anyone memorize maths??? Cos thats me :p) Atleast your sacrificing your sleep for your work, I never do that :p I really wonder how uni is going to be for me, or hey skip that, will I even get into an uni ???

P.S I don't drink coffee's so I do have a disadvantage :p

Like one of my freinds - last Thursdays exam she turned up having had 4 cans of Red Bull and zero sleep, forgot her calculator and looked ready to collapse afterwards.

After about a month of holidays when we all knew we had this exam coming up ..NO EXCUSE!

:rolleyes: She always passes though, Alhamdulillaah, i hope she does this time too.

sister purified

lollz!it was funny reading all these posts!hope everyone gets over their problems quite fast..n hope you all pass the exams and find lots of coffee at home!with lots of prayers for you all..
ur sister

aroojimran

dont worry

Jazzakhallaah

:salam2:sister

The problem that u r going thru is just a minor one and itz not only you,but most of the people who have such attitude towards work.But my advice to you is that you should develop a habit of Managing,Planning and Organising things properly and start it now so that the attitude remains there for longlastime time ,when you get to work..!!

My wishes with you Always!

Kakorot

GUESS WHAT??!!!...the coursework is due this friday.. :angryblue:

So I stayed up last night till after 1am for nothing (though I hardly done the work lol)

Islam!!yay

Last night I was studying for my physics test at the last minute and I was suppose to take the test today, But guess what, because of the snowfall my school closed and now Its postponed till tomorrow. Hamdulilah. I am so happy that I dont have to take it today because a lot of the topics in physics I still dont understand. But Now I have more time to study thanks to the snowday.:)

Kakorot

Last night I was studying for my physics test at the last minute and I was suppose to take the test today, But guess what, because of the snowfall my school closed and now Its postponed till tomorrow. Hamdulilah. I am so happy that I dont have to take it today because a lot of the topics in physics I still dont understand. But Now I have more time to study thanks to the snowday.:)

I'm happy for u, alhamdulillaah :SMILY149: and I have two days to do my work alhamdulillah but I have to hand in two different courseworks :confused: aahhh :eek: lool i love these smilies...

IslamicGirl24

Lolz!...Wish something like that can happen to my school!!! But the problem is that it never Closes up even in extreme environments....no holidays for us poor kids and we have to keep awake uptil 2 or 3 in the morning...( well at least i have to!!)....to prepare the never-ending flow of tests and not to mention 4 GREAT EXAMS in a year....I am gonna crack up soon..thats for sure!! Just hope i can remain alive for my final exams...

P.S: Still got to prepare Biology test and Maths test and English test and Islamiat test for tomorrow!! Whew....!!

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

So all this worrying was for nothing. :) :) :)

Insha'Allaah, make sure you all get your work completed this time.

This thread is funny, looking back.

Walaykum Salaam.

Miss_Ayub

Salaam

all i could say is prioritize.. what you need to get done get done! and stay calm! getting worked up will not have your coursework finished will it? :) Just do abit at a time- maybe 30 mins a day or something.. break it down.. hope that helps :)

Wasalaam