I did Shahadah

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Asalaamu alaikum, Sister Diane,

SubhanAllah! Congratulations on completing your life's mission by choosing to submit to The Most High and worshipping Allah SWT alone in all that you do. May God make this transition easy for you, for your husband, and for your family - inshaAllah. May Allah SWT bless you and your husband for the rest of your days here together, and may He give you the strength to continue on this straight path in sincerity that you may be accepted into heaven once this test is over.

Welcome to the biggest family on Earth! Allahu akbar - God is truly the greatest! Surely He is worthy of worship and devotion. =)

If I may, I'd humbly suggest that you take it easy... don't overwhelm yourself with all of the vast treasures of knowledge now fully available to you. There is still much yet to learn, this is true, but be patient with yourself and let Allah SWT teach you in His own time. It'll all come in due time, but if you rush yourself there's the danger that you might "burn out".

WaSalaam
Br. Ahmed

Ayed

Congratulation ! Sister..
I am very pleased to hear this good news.May Allah , the Exalted is He reward you and all our brothers and sisters al-Firdaws( The highest level of jannah).I heartily supplicate Allah to sustain and keep you on the right path.Ameen
Your brother
Ayed

q8penpals

Salam and Mabrook, Sister Diane!

I feel you will find peace for youself and in your marriage!

Here is a hint for you, as a new Muslimah

Learn 1 new Arabic word or phrase a day.

Learn 1 new Islamic practice a week (then you have a chance to get used to it.)

That is what I tried to do, and it is helping me (rather than jumping in over my head and overwhelming myself)

I have been Muslim for 3 years, so am still relatively new, so pm me anytime for American Muslim convert support if you need!

Lana

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

ASSLAAMUALAIKUM,dear sister:muslim_child::mashallah::mashallah::mashallah::mashallah::mashallah::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
since i have already shed a few tears of thankfulness to Allah.wow.now i would like to thank all tti brothers and sisters who so lovingly {and that is the prophet Muhammad's way:SMILY252:} led sister diane to her real invaluable self. life is never gonn be the same again for you sis. there are going to be challenges and there are going to be ups and downs,but the best part is they are going to be on a much higher level than that of those in the rat race{tha is the worldy race for material and sensual}.congratulations you are out of the rat race .because as they say even if you win in the rat race you are still a rat!and i knew you were a brave appa{elder sis}.you fced what faces many women when they reach the double age of the best years of their lives{15 to 21}but most dont face up the chllenges and start living in the past cursing their present./.you hve passed this sound barrier ,NOW FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE OU HAVE TO MAINTAIN MAcH 1,though i m sure you will tke that to mach 2 and 3:) .alhamdullillh.your gifthttp://www.youngmuslims.ca/online_library/tafsir/syed_qutb/ now advice some more...come on soon ur gonna be the one helping out people Inshllah ,AND THE FIRST SHOULD BE OUR PARENTS.

Thank you EVERYONE for your comments! It is going to be a real challenge for me to change the way I view things, you all know how bull-headed I can be.simple just leave that popeye phrase i am what i m I am going to try to do my first FORMAL prayer with my husband this eveningit will be beautiful thing ou ever did..purpose of creation ........but boy am I fearful of my parents some more...come on soon ur gonna be the one helping out people Inshllah ,AND THE FIRST SHOULD BE yOUR PARENTS.
and my eldest daughtershe must be a brave girl ,best thing become fully commited nd practising as soon as possible ,otherwise she might construe it to be pressure from ur hubby.that apar islam is in her best intrest,specially out there in america ,Where its m life! just remember islam teaches that everyone is gaurdian over their wards and ecah would be questioned regarding that.i think ou should annunce openly Allahs blessings are not to be hidden ..Allahs help depends on our will power and intenion/devotion to what we want to do and he helps acordingly. remember hazrat umar n converting to islam provoked the prophret {pbuh} "is not islam the truth?
the prophet {pbuh} said IT sure is.
he then asked are you not the messenger of Allah?
prophet Muhammad said "i sure am.
then umar exsperated then why should i hide it.please let me prolaim it to the world.wow....we have to be firm,when ou believe in something the determination shows.its in the eyes.
.....I think where they are concerned I will just keep quiet for a whileno problem ,if you do it with the intention that some day soon you hve to invite them away from hell fire .. Please do keep me uplifted in prayer and spiritssorry we dont provide this service....just joking.yes inshallah . But please tell me, is it a bad thing that I can not bare to here qu'ran recitations in Arabic.......I really can't. Then or nowmaybe i n answer this. first things first .think of a mrror ,a beautiful mirror , what does itshow us .the truth. hats wht quran does.it shows us the state of our imaan.by Allah i used to fidget and feel restless when it was being recited. then somebody told me its because ou listen tohe quran wthout the intention to obey, without renewing ur faith that the Authoris watching you and how you treat His Message..shook the living daylights out of me. I guess it is not knowing the language.umm no .you know thats not the reason .i know because when i was into music i found quran boring:astag:but now though i dont understand the language i can almost sense what is being said even without understanding{i have to refer o the translation....but eyes are wet automatially} Just like I coudn't handle watching spanish tv.....I hope that is the reason. the link at the endhas ommentary tohe elemenary surahs of quran.short and crispy. I think what helped me seal the deal is watching a video of Lisa Killenger. She spoke so eloquently and she was American.yes it is like that...one of the reasons people dont look at islam is peer pressure .that means ..in ur country ppl are likely to listen to u than ur husband.lol huge responsibility.BUT NOW BE COMFORTABLE..SERENE .THE UNIVERSE IS UR HOME AND ALL PEOPLE YOUR FAMILY coz Allah mde it all.. It is so much easier for me to take from amongst my peers than my husband or his friends. If that makes sense. ALSO, seeing the news that I posted yesterday made me fearful for my children{kids of good muslim mothers are good too.ya with hard work and prayers ur one inshallah....

http://www.youngmuslims.ca/online_library/tafsir/syed_qutb/

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

Allahu Akbar

Mashallah sister, may Allah (swt) increase your imaan, guide you and us to the straight path, and grant you Jannah (Paradise) yourself and your husband..

Amiin, Amiin,Amiin

Wassalamu Alykom..

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

solace at last

:salam2:this is from the link i have given you.remember that two things make up islam .QURAN & SUNNAH.everybody sas it but few follow.
link for sunnh http://www.iiu.edu.my/deed/hadith/
link for quran your husband .

Surah 94
Solace - Ashsharh alquran

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Have We not lifted up your heart,
and relieved you of your burden,

which weighed down your back?
And have We not given you high renown? With hardship comes ease.

Indeed, with hardship comes ease.
When you have completed your task resume your toil
and seek your Lord with all fervour

Surah 92
The Night al Lail

By the night when she lets fall her darkness,
by the day in full splendour,
by Him who created the male and the female:
surely your striving is diverse.

For him who gives and is godfearing and believes in that which is the Best
We shall smooth the way to perfect ease.

But as for him who is a miser and deems himself self-sufficient, and calls the Best a lie
We shall smooth his way to affliction. His wealth will not avail him when he falls headlong. It is for Us to give guidance, and to Us belong the End and the Beginning.

I warn you, therefore, of the fiercely blazing fire, in which none shall burn but the most wretched,
who denies the truth and turns away.

Preserved from it will be the righteous who spend their wealth
for increase in self purification.
And have in their minds no favour
from anyone
for which a reward is expected in return
but only the desire to seek the Countenance of His Lord, the Most High.
And soon will they attain
contentment.

take a vaction.:mashallah::ma:

zakiyah

muslim sis
:salam2:Allah hu akbar:tti_sister:

congratulation sister.i dont know what to write im so happy for u i dont have word honestly mashallah.when i was reading ur post my heart started to beat soooo fast.
MAY ALLAH HELP U IN EVERY WAY OF LIFE N SHOWER HIS BLESSINGS ON U.AMEEN:tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:

dianek

:salam2:this is from the link i have given you.remember that two things make up islam .QURAN & SUNNAH.everybody sas it but few follow.
link for sunnh http://www.iiu.edu.my/deed/hadith/
link for quran your husband .

Surah 94
Solace - Ashsharh alquran

Have We not lifted up your heart,
and relieved you of your burden,

which weighed down your back?
And have We not given you high renown? With hardship comes ease.

Indeed, with hardship comes ease.
When you have completed your task resume your toil
and seek your Lord with all fervour

Surah 92
The Night al Lail

By the night when she lets fall her darkness,
by the day in full splendour,
by Him who created the male and the female:
surely your striving is diverse.

For him who gives and is godfearing and believes in that which is the Best
We shall smooth the way to perfect ease.

But as for him who is a miser and deems himself self-sufficient, and calls the Best a lie
We shall smooth his way to affliction. His wealth will not avail him when he falls headlong. It is for Us to give guidance, and to Us belong the End and the Beginning.

I warn you, therefore, of the fiercely blazing fire, in which none shall burn but the most wretched,
who denies the truth and turns away.

Preserved from it will be the righteous who spend their wealth
for increase in self purification.
And have in their minds no favour
from anyone
for which a reward is expected in return
but only the desire to seek the Countenance of His Lord, the Most High.
And soon will they attain
contentment.

take a vaction.:mashallah::ma:

AZAM---
Thank you for the link, I will study it and listen to it in the evening at home. I have to ask though, how is that you are so eloquent in everything you right....I always thought that about preachers as well.....this beautiful formation of words that they would say when praying.....I never thought like they did in terms of vocabulary. I have always prayed by getting straight to the point and the only prayers I ever mastered were the Lord's Prayer and Now ye lay me down to sleep...........I wish to one day absorb enough so that I too can be eloquent.......

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum wa ramatulla wa barakata,

Today is indeed a good day. You are very courageous. I can't help but say..I am so proud of you...
your aapa

justoneofmillion

AZAM---
Thank you for the link, I will study it and listen to it in the evening at home. I have to ask though, how is that you are so eloquent in everything you right....I always thought that about preachers as well.....this beautiful formation of words that they would say when praying.....I never thought like they did in terms of vocabulary. I have always prayed by getting straight to the point and the only prayers I ever mastered were the Lord's Prayer and Now ye lay me down to sleep...........I wish to one day absorb enough so that I too can be eloquent.......
Assalamu aleikum,Sister diane!!!:)Welcome to Islam,am so happy for you ,may Allah swt give you ease in this life and in the hereafter,may he continue to grant his mercy to you and to all your familly.isn it use that you guys in the south love to tease bulls ?well i ask allah swt to make you the best of Torreros,and grant you the tackt and the persisting focus to master everything that may stand between you and him S.W.T,thanks for your sincere approache,take it slow ,big hearts do not love easely,but once they do they do it for good!

Let me please end up with a quotation from a statement by Abu bakr As saddiq R.A the first caliph and one of the companions of the prophet S.A.W,after the death of the messenger of Allah swt the muslims were sad and mourning he said:"If any of you used to worship muhammad(pbuh) than know that Muhammad is dead,but if it is Allah swt that you worship,than know that Allah swt is ever living"
:SMILY252:

Wassalam
Your brother in islam
Jameel:SMILY252:

nazir

Asalaamu Alaykum,
Congratulations! May Allah bless you and your family, and give you steadfastness upon this Deen, and make your living days according to the Qu'ran and Sunnah, and enrol you among the pious! You have taken the hardest step, and now with every step you take forward, with patience, you will be rewarded magnaminously by the One Who is Magnificent. May Allah always guide you and protect you. Wassalaam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Im so happy for u SISTER :)
I cant say more ,I just have tears on my eyes ...
May Allah always guide u and give you knowledge and strength in every step u do ...

waaleikum salam

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

I have to ask though, how is that you are so eloquent in everything you right....I always thought that about preachers as well.....this beautiful formation of words

DIANE appa WHAT YOU READ WERE translation of Quran chapters.
No doubt the word of Allah is eloquen.thts why Marmaduke Pickthll an english officer posted in the east wrote" the melody of the Quran moves the bravest of men to tears" yes he became muslim and translated the quran .then said " verily it can never be like the original"
[arabic} because the arabi quran is directly the very words of Allah.:hearts:

i am just a student.....who is not studying right now gotta just do it.

YES YES theres a link www.islamalways.com
www.islamtomorrow.com
and www.watchislam.com its amazing story of a well to do business owner and part time music minister called {now} yusuf estes. you will love him. very american,infact his family built the first churches in america.. read or watch hs story.very fine sense of humor and very strong imaan. he eve managed to convert his father before his death.