I did Shahadah

malam

Aslam o Alaikum wa Rahmat Allah he wa Barakato!

Welcome to Islam, Welcome to Peace!!

May Allah bless you in the years to come, as he has now, and May he grant u patience and knowledge to bear with these hard times that we all face as an Ummah.

May Allah increase our support and strength through your joining us. Aameen!

warda A

Sister
MAY YOUR PATH BE EASY

As of 9:40 P.M. last night I became a muslim. I don't know why but lying in bed with my eyes closed trying to sleep, I could not. I started thinking about islam and remembering posts from many of you and the happiness in my husbands face when I would ask him questions.......my heart skipped beats, my breath became shallow, as though a child very excited about something that was about to happen to him.....

I woke my husband and asked him to say the words for me to repeat and I did it. I did this FOR me, but I admit, his reaction was not all that I had thought it would be. So this morning I asked him, why did you say nothing.....
He said "I am afraid to say anything as you do not take things from me easily and I have kept quiet while you researched yourself for 6 months, and now you are muslim and I am so happy, but afraid to turn you back with my words." Makes me cry. Now I have to work on my patience with life and I hope it comes.......

Shokrun to all here and please encourage me on my journey. I rarely stick with anything long term and so I am very afraid of myself in this respect.....
:salam2:
:ma:
I HAVE NO WORDS TO SPEAK, I SAW YOUR POST TODAY AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I ALWAYS OPEN YOUR POSTS, SOME I REPLY SOME NOT. SOME OF YOUR POSTS HAVE HAD ME LAUGHING SOME I JUST WONDERED ABOUT YOU AND THE LIFE YOU ARE LEADING, IT MUST HAVE NOT BEEN EASY FOR YOU., BUT WHEN I READ I MADE SHAHADA, MY HEART SKIPPED WITH JOY. IAM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND INSHALLAH YOUR PATH WILL BE MADE EASY INSHALLAH
EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH ALLAH SWT
WELCOME TO THE FOLD OF MUSLIM BROTHER HOOD, MAY BE I SHOULD SAY SISTERHOOD?
MAY YOU BE STRONG FOR THIS TASK INSHALLAH
:wasalam:

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

May Allah guide you to the best.

Very happy to hear, May Allah keep you steadfast.

:salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:
:tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:
:muslim_child::muslim_child:
:SMILY139::ma:

koala

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

ive been reading your posts too and im usually too late to join in the discussion but you kept on posting and i was like...yep it wont be long before SOMEONE becomes a muslim:D:D:D:D:D (if Allah willed of course and He did so thank the lord because you just saved yourself from eternal hell :ma:)........anyways salam :hijabi::hijabi::hijabi:

SALAM!!!!!!!!

muslima89

Allah is merciful
:salam2: sis

I'M SOOOOO happy for u, i almost burst into tears.:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:
welcome to the biggest muslim umma now and remember you're like a new born baby and take baby step.:hearts::hearts::SMILY288::jumpclap::jumpclap::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY149::SMILY149:

unique_princess

AlQudsu tunadeena

well done sister! condratulations.

May Allah keep you steadfast on your choice, and help you through! Aameen

Mm assalaama

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom, dear sister

YES, now I can say it very proudly: "dear sister". Do you remember when I told you that I had a feeling we would soon hear good news about you?

Alhamdulillah thousands of times for His great Mercy that took your hand to the only right way to true faith, the only right way to true life and the only right way to Paradise.

May Allah sobhanahu wa ta'al strengthen your faith and keep your heart firm on the Truth. :tti_sister:

Meraj

Brother

congratulations!!!!!dear sister....really happy ...cant express it in words,,,

now u need to look to ur profile.....to change something i guess...hope u got the point....may ALLAH (SWT) keep u and all of us on the right path,,aameen

dianek

congratulations!!!!!dear sister....really happy ...cant express it in words,,,

now u need to look to ur profile.....to change something i guess...hope u got the point....may ALLAH (SWT) keep u and all of us on the right path,,aameen

I had forgotten about that!!!!! Done!

dianek

I have something funny to share, I am sure reverts can appreciate this....

This morning I was in line at the 7-11 getting a Slim Fast Protein Shake and juice for my son's lunch, while at the check out line they had hot breakfast sandwiches......Totally not thinking about it, I pick up a Sausage egg and cheese bagel....paid....went to my car....started to open it and realized...."WAIT! What are you doing? you can't eat that!" I threw it out the window...slightly sad....because I do love sausage.....so I just drink my slimfast and sulked.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Wonderful !

I have something funny to share, I am sure reverts can appreciate this....

This morning I was in line at the 7-11 getting a Slim Fast Protein Shake and juice for my son's lunch, while at the check out line they had hot breakfast sandwiches......Totally not thinking about it, I pick up a Sausage egg and cheese bagel....paid....went to my car....started to open it and realized...."WAIT! What are you doing? you can't eat that!" I threw it out the window...slightly sad....because I do love sausage.....so I just drink my slimfast and sulked.

Sister, this is wonderful. Imaan (faith) already doing wonders for you :)

dianek

I was asked what finally made me decide to do this, below was my response and the reason as well I will give to my husband when he wishes to ask.

"In the end, it was a combination of my dreams kind of speaking to me, things going on in the news where it just seemed that if they had God, the things would not have happened. ALSO, because I do believe in my christian roots, I liked that it incorporated but corrected alot of the things I grew up learning. I am not learning a DIFFERENT religion, I am learning the Correct Version of my faith. I LOVE JESUS, muslim or not........I have just accepted that Muhommad is also a prophet. I NEVER as a Christian believed that Jesus was GOD.......never understood that that is what Christian ministers taught. The trinity....I blindly just followed it because I was told too. I didn't believe Jesus was the physical SON of God either...I believed he was metaphorically the son of God as we are all children of God. I began understanding that there are so MANY consistent likenesses between the 2 faiths....covering your head to pray, not eating pork, all this was in the Bible. But Christians have modernized the teachings of the Bible to accommodate themselves. The Word is THE WORD.....who are we to change them?

Yes I was introduced to Islam formally by my husband. I had only known one other muslim in my whole life and he wasn't practicing at all as far as I could tell. He was married to a Jewish woman, which ended badly, but still he did so. SO...other than that all I knew is that "THEIR" God was Allah, they bowed to Mecca to pray and they lead the Ottoman Empire and were all going to Hell. That is it outside of the negative ways they "treat their women". But I now know there God is my God...just a different word that they use same being. Just like Spanish say Dios, right? Not a different God.

I have been married to a Muslim for 6 years and it has taken me this long to learn more and make the shahadah. I am proud of that. Because not one person in my family could say I did it without thinking and for the sake of a man. What will that man do for me when I am dead? I stood fast to my husband that I am not yielding to his faith for all that time...we fought alot about the differences in our culture and beliefs.....but now he can say.....my wife found the truth on her own, in SPITE of me....it was from her own mind and heart. And I say, I hope to show my husband how to be a better, more loving and accepting of others outside of islam because all that we say or do is an example......and a bad word or attitude results in bad opinions.

And the group here on TTI were just the catalyst to ignite me as well....your love and prayers and support.

Thank you to all of you! Forgive me for not using words like inshallah, mashallah etc. Not sure where or when to use them. I will learn though.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Salaam aleikum Dianek, :) nice to see you.. mashallah.. glad to hear about your convertion to Islam.. good continuation.. any questions or whatever... ask away.. we're here for you :hearts:
God bless you

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum Diane,
Here's a starting point...starts your posts with Assalam Alaikum/Salaam. Muslims must greet each other with it.

Assalam Alaikum

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum
I will try to remember that Insha Allah!

Assalam Alaikum,
This is the perfect place to add Insha Allah. It means if Allah wills. If you intend to do an action in the future you say Insha Allah. Because no matter how badly you want to do it or how much you plan to do it, it will happen only if Allah wills!
Okay, I am going to stop now. Don't want to overwhelm you :)

Assalam Alaikum

BintMuhammad

Staff member

Woah 80+ replies Mashaa'Allaah! This really brought a BIG smile on my face after feeling so irritated reading silly posts from another forum. Alhamdulillaah on your reversion and may Allaah swt continue guiding you and rewarding your husband Ameen. :hearts: