I found this on Yahoo Answers I would like to ask as a white male myself with native

truthseeker63

I found this on Yahoo Answers I would like to ask as a white male myself with native or american indian in me I would like to ask is this person right that white people who want to become Muslims are not taken seriously by the Muslim Community this hurts my feelings in a way to read this but I thought Islam did not care about skin color ?

Mels

Muslims don't take white converts seriously just as hindus don't take white converts seriously. It's just a fact, sorry.

Hindu and Muslim friends have told me so.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...NzzAVE7ty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110721181212AAVQ2bW

uddim004

:salam2:
allah azawajal has made islam the perfect religion, however the people practicing it (muslims) are not. islam does not differentiate between colour.when i went to Sauidi Arabia for umra i saw all different types of people but i did not witness racism.

unfortunately people mix up culture with religion and label it all religion. i personally have a white muslim friend and we have no problems-in fact there are many things which he knows about islam which i don't. i'm not saying that the problem you are talking abput doesn't exist i'm saying is that people can sometimes be ignorant and not understand the true teaching of the prophet muhammad (SAW). i live in the UK and i will say that where i live this isn't much of a problem so i can't fully relate. converts or shall i say reverts to me should be respected as they have been trully guided by allah.

sorry that u could not be of more help brother.

Don't judge islam based on the people ,judge islam based on its teachings.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

I find this thread very funny to be honest! This really proves that you cannot trust everything you read on the internet to be a true representation of what Islam is all about!

I am as white bread American as you can get and I am currently living in a Muslim country where almost NOBODY is white! I can tell you now I have never been treated with more respect and actually I can say the Muslims in this country actually seem thrilled that a white American has reverted to Islam! Alhamdulillah!

Im sure what you read is NOT true and although some Muslims may have bad manners and act disrespectfully please dont let the actions of a few destroy your idea of Islam as a religion. Islam is the most beautiful perfect thing in the Universe because it is from Allah himself! Allah who is the creator of ALL things! He would never allow such an action to be a part of Islam I can assure you!

Please study Quran and Sunnah before believing what you read on the internet as there is alot of misleading information on the web!

wa salam

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Islam is a religion of Peace.

I found this on Yahoo Answers I would like to ask as a white male myself with native or american indian in me I would like to ask is this person right that white people who want to become Muslims are not taken seriously by the Muslim Community this hurts my feelings in a way to read this but I thought Islam did not care about skin color ?
Mels
Muslims don't take white converts seriously just as hindus don't take white converts seriously. It's just a fact, sorry.
Hindu and Muslim friends have told me so.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...NzzAVE7ty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20110721181212AAVQ2bW
~~~~~~~~~~~
Greeting!

:astag:
It was just your inner feeling!

1)Nobody gonna treat you that way.
Islam is a religion of Peace.
And if there's some,
then that was just their own personal thing.Or it's not coming from them but
what's you thought they are when they don't.

No big deal what's your skin color !
so stop thinking negatively!!
Say the Shahadah and start making ibadah!
We are suppose to impress Allah swt not people around us!!!

:bismillah:
Some faces that Day will be shining and radiant, looking at their God(Allah swt)...
~Holy qur'an~al-Qiyaamah:22-3

2)Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Black Women are just as beautiful
as White Women that's true!
Remeber!
All human has red blood no matter what skin color ,
Black,White,Brown etc etc....
So stop worrying too much!

*wipes away fear*Fear Allah swt only!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

aisha16

Honestly if you truly believe that some random person on Yaho Answers speaks for Islam then you're not being at all fair with yourself. Why dont you take from the Quran or the Prophet Muhammad (saw) in saying Islam can care less about race. No Arab is better than a non-arab, etc. And personally knowing first-hand I use and am on YahooAnswers all the time...there you'll see the most bigoted, bias, ignorant, and rude people ever. Dont take from some random site just used for answering random questions. Also there are many white Muslim reverts: Yusuf Islam,Yusha Evans, Hamza Yusuf, Abdul Raheem Green, Yusuf Estes, Yvonne Ridley, Suhaib Webb, Abdul-Rahman Murphy...the list is endless! Youre not entirely alone in this.

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: this is one of the problems with the "nation of islam" they believe anyone with blue eyes goes to hell, i think the original members of the sect where slaves so they where influenced by the wicked ways there blue eyed owners handled them

Fortunatly in the prophets last sermon he told us that no one has any suporiority over each other except through piety, however muslims are humans and they can be racist just like any other human. Would you judge a car by its Driver? Or a book by its reader? Than dont judge islam by a muslim

The best people i know are muslims and in the ummah the good people out weigh the racist, youll be fine, and yes dont go on yahoo answers, everyone there has an agenda

I am a really white "revert" as i never took islam seriously untill recently

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, to a degree it is true. It is stereotypical behavior. In many masjids, in the US most whites are in the minority.
Much of it is a cultural and language barrier. After the introductory salaam for many there is little interaction.
The children do better.

( Sister Isra, just to clarify any misconceptions
Moroccans are classified as Caucasians. That is commonly know as white. You are not alone in being white where you are )

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

Well, I have to admit, this is a bit discouraging. If I'll never be accepted, then what's it all for? I just want to find a place I can call home, and be among people I can call friends and brothers. Is that so much to ask?

Why is it so hard to believe that a white American CAN be enlightened and doesn't hate anyone who's brown?

I just want to thank all of my ignorant bigoted countrymen who are making this difficult for me. Thanks a lot, jerks.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Dear brothers and sisters,we worship Allah for His sake alone not for the sake of people.If you have Allah with you,it doesnt matter what people think.aAllah is enough for us.Although as muslims it's our duty to treat our fellow muslim as brother and give them equal love and respect.
:wasalam:

msmoorad

mommys boy
salaams to all

its true to a certain degree.
reason is that from all the races. whites tend to be the most restless with what they have.
you dont hear so much about other race groups taking time off to "find themselves" etc
i suppose thats cos from all the religions & cultures, theirs has been the most attacked/altered- the end result is something that would not bring contentment or inner peace to anyone.
so, they go searching for the "truth"

though,to be honest- ive hardly heard of any sincere white person denouncing islam once they have accepted it.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Lets look at the why in the US.

Most of the older masjids are Muslims whose families have been for two centuries. They are mostly African-American. The atmosphere in them is very loving and accepting. I feel most welcome there.

We have pockets of immigrants in major cities. In the Michigan area there have been for almost three generations Arab dominated masjids. The culture is very Arab. In the Southern California are there are Iranis and Egyptians.

Atlanta has many American blacks. I know the DC area is flooded with Pakistanis.

etc etc. etc.

The white reversion is a growing phenomena with white females reverting more so than others.

It is a matter of inclusion and comfort.

As I have written repeatedly often in the masjids the culture dominates. The kutba is spoken in the language of the majority.

In the US white males do not revert as much. It makes sense. A Black male has a history in his family of someone being a Muslim. It is common. The transition is much smoother. There is an existing familiarity with the faith.

It is almost impossible for a white male in the US to interact with a Muslim woman. He has to extend himself and facilitate the process by himself. Whereas many white females meet Muslim men and revert.

The process becomes even harder because it is a new way of thinking. All the previous stereotypes have to be thrown away. The local Muslims do not do a good job of welcoming. Cultural clashes. History. We can open a new thread on this subject.

With time Insha'Allah, things will improve.

Just keep on being Muslim. With time comes acceptance.

( for my white American brothers: play that funky Music white-boy!!) We love you.

Isra

aka Tree2008
( Sister Isra, just to clarify any misconceptions
Moroccans are classified as Caucasians. That is commonly know as white. You are not alone in being white where you are )

As salamo alaikome

Thank you for clarifying that sister Aapa. I dont know anything about what their classifications are here, all I know is what I see and believe me compared to my skin and eye color MOST Moroccans are NOT white! Maybe the classification is Caucasian but the skin color is medium to dark brown! I rarely see anyone who has less than a light brown color to their skin. I have heard that in the Northern section of Morocco near Fez the skin and eye color get much lighter and more comparable to what most people think of when they hear the word Caucasian but I have never been there to see for myself so I will have to take the word of those who know.

I have yet to see one person with blue, green or even gray eye color and pink or white skin color. I stand out here like a sore thumb even with hijab believe me! Most people close enough to speak to my husband were surprised when they asked him if I am Muslim and he told them yes. I think the main reason for that is because Agadir is such a tourist town and so many Europeans are here (of course THEY are caucasian so white skin and blue eyes) but most of them do not wear Islamic clothing.

Wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

My rationale for pointing out the term Caucasian was very simple. The classification of mankind is a western construct. It was needed to perpetuate the evils of colonialism and Social Darwinism.
How people hold on to their identity is curious to me. It would be so much simpler not to identify oneself as a particular color but as a Believer. We are the ones who divide ourselves with labels.
Caucasian is not limited to white skin and blue eyes. The white skin and blue eyes is an American misunderstanding. Either way it is not Islamic.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

OK, I'm back and not as tired and angry as I was last night.

There is an underlying culture of fear and ignorance on the part of whites in the US when it comes to people of color. Nobody really talks about it, but it's always been there. Witness the "white flight" of the 1950's and early 60's when whites moved out of urban areas because blacks and Latinos were moving in. This is why inner city communities are overwhelmingly black or Latino. The only whites left now are those who couldn't afford to leave.

Islam is seen as "an Arab thing" by most white people here, so they don't really take the time to reach out and try to understand the Muslim community. Again, it goes back to that underlying culture of fear and ignorance (which I think is perpetrated by the media).

I like to think of myself as "the enlightened white guy", but I don't know if anyone around here would agree with me.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Dear brothers and sisters,we worship Allah for His sake alone not for the sake of people.If you have Allah with you,it doesnt matter what people think.aAllah is enough for us.Although as muslims it's our duty to treat our fellow muslim as brother and give them equal love and respect.

I agree we should focus on whether we are acceptable in the sight of Allah Ta'ala.
Abu Huraira narrated that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said,

"Allah does not look at your appearance or your possessions; but He looks at your heart and your deeds." ( Muslim)

Islam is seen as "an Arab thing" by most white people here, so they don't really take the time to reach out and try to understand the Muslim community. Again, it goes back to that underlying culture of fear and ignorance (which I think is perpetrated by the media). .

Maybe if you get the chance you can tell them this:
And from the last sermon of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, :

"...All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves. "

[This sermon was delivered on the Ninth day of Dhul al Hijjah 10 A.H. in the 'Uranah valley of Mount Arafat.]

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Let me put a different spin on it:

OK..the White Guy thing. Often in the US the White Guy represents the dominant class. You know the masta. Well when the masta comes to the ghetto he gets the look.
People distrust him because of history. He is the one who kept us down.It is a us against them mentality.

Now..the White Guy is enlightened. He wants to embrace Love. The community of Lovers is taken aback. Some of the Lovers fear that the White Guy is not sincere. Some question how long will you be with us..And men have a strange thing about who is top dog.

In Islam we are told one of its best virtue is patience. Be patient with Muslims. As you learn Islam and you become justanotherbrother at the masjid; it will be fine.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Yahoo answers is the WORST place to go for advice or answers.

I am a white convert myself and have NEVER been shown any racism or disrespect.

Also, there are millions of white born Muslims in places like Russia, Kazakhstan, and other countries near the Caucas mountains.

Just like there are born Asians from Malaysia, Indonesia and China.

Now, I will say there is bound to be racism with Muslims. Just like there are racist white people. But the whole of Muslims are very accepting because the skin is merely out outer shell. It's nothing compared to whats inside (our iman)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is different for a man to revert than a woman. It is much harder. It is more difficult for a white man.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Let me put a different spin on it:

OK..the White Guy thing. Often in the US the White Guy represents the dominant class. You know the masta. Well when the masta comes to the ghetto he gets the look.
People distrust him because of history. He is the one who kept us down.It is a us against them mentality.

Now..the White Guy is enlightened. He wants to embrace Love. The community of Lovers is taken aback. Some of the Lovers fear that the White Guy is not sincere. Some question how long will you be with us..And men have a strange thing about who is top dog.

In Islam we are told one of its best virtue is patience. Be patient with Muslims. As you learn Islam and you become justanotherbrother at the masjid; it will be fine.

I used to have a classic case of White Man's Guilt because of what has been done to minorities over the centuries. I felt bad to be white. Now I know that I can't change WHAT I am, but I can change WHO I am. I will always be a white guy on the outside. That won't ever change. But what can change is how I treat and deal with those around me. I try to treat others with respect, and I only ask the same in return.

I'll be here until you guys kick me out.

I have no interest in leading anyone (except maybe my own family if and when that time ever comes. I don't care about being Alpha Male. I just want to learn.