I keep getting confused

aless

I AM SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP

As'salumu Alaikum,

Please can anybody check these sites

Myths about Islam (all I have been told when I asked my teachers is deconstructed in this page)
removed

Is the Qur'an Hate Propaganda?
Removed

People who left Islam
removed
WIFE BEATING IN ISLAM
removed

I know they are not appropriate to this website but I am a new Muslim in London (one of the most tolerant cities in the world) and sentences like this:

"Since we don't live in a Muslim country (where censorship, intimidation and brute force are shamelessly employed to protect Islam from logical deconstruction), we are still free to openly exercise our right to debate the merits of the Islamic value system against Western Liberalism."

and many others I have been reading on the website scare me,

I know so little - we all know so little and all of this is confusing me!

I PRAY, READ AND MEMORISE THE QURAN , SPEND TIME WITH SISTERS AND MY HEART IS FULL OF JOY
THEN I READ ABOUT THESE WEBSITE I READ THE NEWS ABOUT TERRORIST ATTACKS EVERYWHERE AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK -

IN ONE OF THE LINKS BOVE THEY SAY THAT PROPHET MOHAMED STARTED WAR AGAINST NON BELIEVERS AND THAT OBVIOUSLY ALL TERRORIST ATTACKS AND WARS DEPEND ON THAT - THE MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRIES AT WAR OR LIVING INVIOLENCE, ACCUSED OF MISTREATING AND ABUSING WOMEN ARE MUSLIM COUNTRIES BUT MUSLIMS REPLY TO ME "THOSE ARE NOT GOOD MUSLIMS, ISLAM IS ABOUT PEACE", "JIHAD IS INTERNAL STRUGGLE NOT ONLY HOLY WAR" BUT THEN I READ THE OPPOSITE FROM PEOPLE THAT KNOW MORE THAN ME. I GET CONFUSED SO CONFUSED I CANNOT SLEEP I CANNOT STUDY I CANNOT DO ANYTHING BUT TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH, MUSLIMS SAY TO ME "ISLAM INTRODUCED THE FIRST RIGHTS FOR WOME, WOMEN AND MEN HAVE DIFFERENT ROLES AND I AGREE... THEN I READ THAT WOMEN ARE CONSIDERED INFERIOR AND THAT WOMEN ARE TOTALLY SUBMITTED TO THE MEN AND KEPT AS SEX SLAVES

TO ME ISLAM MAKES SENSE BUT THIS IS TO WHAT MUSLIMS HAVE BEEN EXPLAINING ABOUT THE RULES THOUGH BOOKS AND TEACHERS WHO TALK SO PASSIONATELY ABOUT THEIR RELIGION,

I BELIEVE AND I FEEL SO CLOSE TO GOD INTERNALLY - BUT EXTERNALLY IT'S A STRUGGLE - I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE - ISLAM IS VIOLENCE AND ABUSE ON ONE SIDE - PEACE AND RESPECT ON THE OTHER

BUT HOW DO I KNOW? WHO DO I BELIEVE? AM I NOT JUST A MINISCULE BRAIN IN THE WHOLE WORLD

MAY ALLAH GUIDE ME THROUGH THE RIGHT PATH

MAKE DUAS FOR ME

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Dear brother, I'd suggest you don't waste your time trying to answer every prejudged opinion about Islam. Arm yourself with proper knowledge instead.

In simple reply to their last sentence, I'd say that in most Muslim countries it is secularism that is protected with brute force from logical, popular & ethical destruction WITH the support of the West. It is very hypocritical of those running these websites to ignore this fact.

Why don't destroy Islam in the West logically ? The last time I checked Islam was the fastest growing religion in the West.

"You shall certainly be tried and tested in your wealth and properties and in your personal selves, and you shall certainly hear much that will grieve you from those who received the Scripture before you (Jews and Christians) and from those who ascribe partners to Allâh; but if you persevere patiently, and become Al-Muttaqûn (the pious - see V.2:2) then verily, that will be a determining factor in all affairs (and that is from the great matters which you must hold on with all your efforts)."

Qura'an 3:186

aless

I'd say that in most Muslim countries it is secularism that is protected with brute force from logical, popular & ethical destruction WITH the support of the West. It is very hypocritical of those running these websites to ignore this fact.

sorry, but i don't understand what you mean with that could you explain to me.

Why don't destroy Islam in the West logically ?

Have you looked at the website, doesn't it look like that's what they are doing? especially in Myths about Islam.

Arm yourself with proper knowledge instead.

I am reading the Noble Quran, but I am thristy of knowledge - should I not consult different sources of information- or only pro-Islamic websites, books and people? should I not watch the news anymore?

NoCompromise91

salamu alaikum

bruv im gonna revert to islam soon inshALLAH n im pretty new here n ive jus bin readin through what youve been puttin n my advice, even tho it may not be the best, is..

if u wanna kno da true islam, jus follow holy Qu'ran and Sunnah and u will be fine inshALLAH .. dont listen to the media cos they is tryin to twist islam bruv.. but as optimist said islam is fastest growin religion in da west man and im gonna be joinin dat soon. probz gonna take my shahadah 2morra inshALLAH

aless

Qul a'oozu bi-Rabbinnaas
Malikin-Naas
Ilaahin-Naas
Min-sharril-waswaasil-khannaas
Allaze yuwaswisu fee sudoorin-naas
Minal-jinnati wannaas

Say: I seek refuge with the Lord and Cherisher of Mankind
The King (or Ruler) of Mankind
The Allah (or Judge) of Mankind
From the Mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil)
who withdraws (after his Whisper)
(The same) who Whispers into the hearts of Mankind
Among Jinns and Among men

Surat An-Nas 30:114

Ameen

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Sorry for the error earlier, did not realise you were a sister.

I meant that is that in most countries with a muslim majority, it is secularism that is in charge. You may never hear about this in the news but it is a fact. Western government do everything they can to maintain this situation while blaming Islam for the problems of these countires - which is deeply disingenious.

I'm happy to take you through few examples, but you can check out for yourself. Look up Tunisia, Turkey, Indonesia ... etc. Islam might be partially applied in some areas (mostly family law) but in the important stuff (e.g. politically, economically, media ..etc ) it is full blown secularism.

They might be trying to do destroy Islam logically, they are entitled to their opinions. As far as I can tell they are not being too successful.

I would certainly recommend that you don't waste any time on these websites. If you have doubts / questions then ask them here or to a scholar, but don't go out and chase doubts, for they will only fill your heart with misery.

Islam is a gift, celebrate it, enjoy it, revel in it. Don't let few idiots spoil your moment. You have a direct link with Allah (glorified He may be), why leave this and waste your time on some haters ?

I pray that Allah grant you happiness in both worlds. Amin.

nasiruyola

salam

My best wishes to you. pls read about islam and know that islam more than any other religeon encourages learning. you will by the WILL OF ALLAH SUBHANAHU WA TA'A'LA find all answers to your questions.
islam encourages us to think and use our brain, so i encourage to think and read a lot about islam. below for example of verses dealing with the murder of the innocents (QUR'AN 5:26-32):

وَٱتۡلُ عَلَيۡہِمۡ نَبَأَ ٱبۡنَىۡ ءَادَمَ بِٱلۡحَقِّ إِذۡ قَرَّبَا قُرۡبَانً۬ا فَتُقُبِّلَ مِنۡ أَحَدِهِمَا وَلَمۡ يُتَقَبَّلۡ مِنَ ٱلۡأَخَرِ قَالَ لَأَقۡتُلَنَّكَ*!ۖ قَالَ إِنَّمَا يَتَقَبَّلُ ٱللَّهُ مِنَ ٱلۡمُتَّقِينَ (٢٧) لَٮِٕنۢ بَسَطتَ إِلَىَّ يَدَكَ لِتَقۡتُلَنِى مَآ أَنَا۟ بِبَاسِطٍ۬ يَدِىَ إِلَيۡكَ لِأَقۡتُلَكَ*!ۖ إِنِّىٓ أَخَافُ ٱللَّهَ رَبَّ ٱلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ (٢٨) إِنِّىٓ أُرِيدُ أَن تَبُوٓأَ بِإِثۡمِى وَإِثۡمِكَ فَتَكُونَ مِنۡ أَصۡحَـٰبِ ٱلنَّارِ*!ۚ وَذَٲلِكَ جَزَٲٓؤُاْ ٱلظَّـٰلِمِينَ (٢٩) فَطَوَّعَتۡ لَهُ ۥ نَفۡسُهُ ۥ قَتۡلَ أَخِيهِ فَقَتَلَهُ ۥ فَأَصۡبَحَ مِنَ ٱلۡخَـٰسِرِينَ (٣٠) فَبَعَثَ ٱللَّهُ غُرَابً۬ا يَبۡحَثُ فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ لِيُرِيَهُ ۥ كَيۡفَ يُوَٲرِى سَوۡءَةَ أَخِيهِ*!ۚ قَالَ يَـٰوَيۡلَتَىٰٓ أَعَجَزۡتُ أَنۡ أَكُونَ مِثۡلَ هَـٰذَا ٱلۡغُرَابِ فَأُوَٲرِىَ سَوۡءَةَ أَخِى*!ۖ فَأَصۡبَحَ مِنَ ٱلنَّـٰدِمِينَ (٣١) مِنۡ أَجۡلِ ذَٲلِكَ ڪَتَبۡنَا عَلَىٰ بَنِىٓ إِسۡرَٲٓءِيلَ أَنَّهُ ۥ مَن قَتَلَ نَفۡسَۢا بِغَيۡرِ نَفۡسٍ أَوۡ فَسَادٍ۬ فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ فَڪَأَنَّمَا قَتَلَ ٱلنَّاسَ جَمِيعً۬ا وَمَنۡ أَحۡيَاهَا فَڪَأَنَّمَآ أَحۡيَا ٱلنَّاسَ جَمِيعً۬ا*!ۚ وَلَقَدۡ جَآءَتۡهُمۡ رُسُلُنَا بِٱلۡبَيِّنَـٰتِ ثُمَّ إِنَّ كَثِيرً۬ا مِّنۡهُم بَعۡدَ ذَٲلِكَ فِى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ لَمُسۡرِفُونَ (٣٢)

PICTHALL TRANSLATION(INTERPRETATION)

But recite unto them with truth the tale of the two sons of Adam, how they offered each a sacrifice, and it was accepted from the one of them and it was not accepted from the other. (The one) said: I will surely kill thee. (The other) answered: Allah accepteth only from those who ward off (evil). (27) Even if thou stretch out thy hand against me to kill me, I shall not stretch out my hand against thee to kill thee, lo! I fear Allah, the Lord of the Worlds. (28) Lo! I would rather thou shouldst bear the punishment of the sin against me and thine own sin and become one of the owners of the fire. That is the reward of evil-doers. (29) But (the other's) mind imposed on him the killing of his brother, so he slew him and became one of the losers. (30) Then Allah sent a raven scratching up the ground, to show him how to hide his brother's naked corpse. He said: Woe unto me! Am I not able to be as this raven and so hide my brother's naked corpse? And he became repentant. (31) For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth. (32

PLEASE READ THE QUR'AN AND THE SUNNAH. IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING, ASK THOSE WHO KNOW TO EXPLAIN TO YOU. I TESTIFY THAT BY THE MERCIFUL CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSES AND ALL THAT IS BETWEEN THEM , YOU WILL FIND THE TRUTH AND I HOPE ALLAH THE EXALTED IN MIGHT AND POWER HELP YOU FIND THE TRUTH. YOU WILL IMPACT SYMPATHIZE WITH THE FABRICATORS OF THOSE LIES.
MA'ASSALAM-WISH YOU PEACE..

Amir_of_spain

Asalam wailkium. I will try to answer your question briefly as long explanations will require several pages and such detailed answer require proper face to face discussion. So here i go...

Q1) THEN I READ ABOUT THESE WEBSITE I READ THE NEWS ABOUT TERRORIST ATTACKS EVERYWHERE AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK -

A1) If you take your religion from the news, from BBC, documentaries, CNN or Fox news then your conclusion would be a negative perception of Islam. And if you take 'terrorist' or other military group as your example or islamic source then you are also taking a gamble because no one can be sure if they are following Islam or simply just following their own desires and politics. The solution is found in the Quran, Allah says follow the messenger , Muhammad, in him is the best example, so in this you need to follow and study the lifestyle and history of the prophet, and additional source is his companions which are the fruit/cream of the believers. If you learn about them, take your islam from them, then you will be very confident in religion and faith. Their actions were the best of actions to the point where they recieve glad tidings of paradise in this life, where as we have to wait and find out later on.

Q2) IN ONE OF THE LINKS BOVE THEY SAY THAT PROPHET MOHAMED STARTED WAR AGAINST NON BELIEVERS AND THAT OBVIOUSLY ALL TERRORIST ATTACKS AND WARS DEPEND ON THAT

Now the prophet was a role model in all fields, and in normal situation islam and the lifestyle of the prophet was peaceful and tolerant to other nations and non muslims. Often was the case where peace treaties and allies were made during his time, but often these tribes would break these agreements and take advantage of the situation of the muslims. Now in such conditions its not correct for the believers to sit down and let others take advantage of the kindness of the faithful, the prophet and his companions didn't like to be humiliated, so when attacked the prophet would fight his enemies. So you need to study history to realise that all these wars was out of self defence and the protection of the faithful. And lastly allah prefers the strong believers compared to the weak ones who would sit down and do nothing out of fear. So islam is not a religion for the sissys.

Q4)- THE MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRIES AT WAR OR LIVING INVIOLENCE,
Thats not true, in middle east there are many arab states which are at peace and are stable such as the 7 emirate states of the uae, saudi, qatar, kuwait, egypt, all are stable. Those that are at war such as Iraq and Palestine or those in Africa, if you examine closely, the war was brought to them from external sources, so these sources are to blame for causing instability, so you need to be fair in this analysis. No muslim country has initiated war in over 2-3 centuries so wouldn't you say thats peaceful. So be balanced. And even if they were at war, are you going to give up your faith and copy others, or would you pray to Allah for them.

Q5) ACCUSED OF MISTREATING AND ABUSING WOMEN ARE MUSLIM COUNTRIES BUT MUSLIMS REPLY TO ME "THOSE ARE NOT GOOD MUSLIMS, ISLAM IS ABOUT PEACE",

In the quran allah says men are protectors of woman, that we should treat you fairly and give you your rights. The prophet says the woman comes 1st after god in obedience, that paradise lies at the feet of the mother, and the best person is he who best to his wife. Which religion says such things? Again, don't follow these examples which u come across in the media, follow the best generation of the believers which was the sahabah and the prophet.

Q6) "JIHAD IS INTERNAL STRUGGLE NOT ONLY HOLY WAR" BUT THEN I READ THE OPPOSITE FROM PEOPLE THAT KNOW MORE THAN ME. I GET CONFUSED

There is 2 types of jihad, internal which is to fight ones desires which is a great struggle, and the external jihad which is to fight the enemy who is attacking the community. As i said before islam is not a religion for sissys, meaning the protection of the muslim community is paramount. We aren't suppose to say to any hawks, ok come and take our land and wealth and so forth. In the past during the prophet's time war even occurred due to trader violating a single muslim woman. If you don't defend yourself then what kind of religion is this? So think about what this war topic is really about, just another propaganda avenue.

Q7) I READ THAT WOMEN ARE CONSIDERED INFERIOR AND THAT

In islam women aren't suppose to be completely segregated in the society and at the same toke they're not suppose to be completely loose and free mixing with the men, the middle ground was how it was during the prophet's time where woman did interact with men but in a formal way. We know that woman had their own religious/educational time/lessions, they could participate as fighters in war, they were scholars -this all means they did interact with men but in a social way. They are not inferior, if thats what you have seen then its regretful, woman are to be respected and given their rights as the quran says.

Q8) BUT HOW DO I KNOW? WHO DO I BELIEVE? AM I NOT JUST A MINISCULE BRAIN IN THE WHOLE WORLD

A8) Follow the quran , then the example of the prophet and previous prophets and then the companions of muhammad, if u do so, you will be confident. You see todays example of muslims is quite low, not so good as a whole, theres courage but theres alot of weakness but still honourable muslims are at there but rare to find. But if you take the time to learn about the core 1st group, you will be impressed, each one of them is worth a entire nation, thats their level.

I hope this helps. Peace be with you.

aless

Sura (9:5) Then fight and slay the Muslims wherever ye find them, 9:5

Sura (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Sura (47:4) - "So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners,"

Sura (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

uld anybody explain these above to me pls

muthmainnah

The famous scholar, Muhammad Ibn Sereen said: "This knowledge is a matter of deen, so be careful who you take your deen from."

So,my advice is do not learn islam from the wrong sources. Study A-Qur'an and it's tafsir (explanation by Islamic scholars), and also study Hadits (sunnah), attend the islamic course in mosques, etc, try to find a teacher to increase your islamic knowledge, but don't take it from the media.

May Allah guide you to this straight path

muthmainnah

Sura (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Sura (47:4) - "So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners,"

Sura (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

To find the explanation of this verses please study it's tafsir, you can find the answer in : www.tafsir.com

Salem9022

wow really? The Quran says to fight and slay the muslims where ever you find them?

aless

As'salam Aleikum Amir, thank you for you reply I appreciate the help very much,

Now the prophet was a role model in all fields, and in normal situation islam and the lifestyle of the prophet was peaceful and tolerant to other nations and non muslims. Often was the case where peace treaties and allies were made during his time, but often these tribes would break these agreements and take advantage of the situation of the muslims. Now in such conditions its not correct for the believers to sit down and let others take advantage of the kindness of the faithful, the prophet and his companions didn't like to be humiliated, so when attacked the prophet would fight his enemies. So you need to study history to realise that all these wars was out of self defence and the protection of the faithful. And lastly allah prefers the strong believers compared to the weak ones who would sit down and do nothing out of fear. So islam is not a religion for the sissys.

ex Muslims from the following website:
removed do not agree with you on the life of the Prophet "Muhammad lived a less than holy life." and so on... I would like to know why and how they can say those things - how can I find those exaples from that website in the Hadiths then??? - on that website ex-Muslims themselves are saying the worst possible things about the Prophet

How can I read the Hadiths?
I need to understand, to know more
I think I am going a bit crazy - I love Islam

They are saying such horrible things, and they are ex-Muslims

aless

To find the explanation of this verses please study it's tafsir, you can find the answer in : www.tafsir.com

(So when the Sacred Months have passed...), meaning, `Upon the end of the four months during which We prohibited you from fighting the idolators, and which is the grace period We gave them, then fight and kill the idolators wherever you may find them.' Allah's statement next,

(then fight the Mushrikin wherever you find them), means, on the earth in general, except for the Sacred Area, for Allah said,

(And fight not with them at Al-Masjid Al-Haram, unless they fight you there. But if they attack you, then fight them. )[2:191] Allah said here,

(and capture them), executing some and keeping some as prisoners,

(and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush), do not wait until you find them. Rather, seek and besiege them in their areas and forts, gather intelligence about them in the various roads and fairways so that what is made wide looks ever smaller to them. This way, they will have no choice, but to die or embrace Islam,

(But if they repent and perform the Salah, and give the Zakah, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) Abu Bakr As-Siddiq used this and other honorable Ayat as proof for fighting those who refrained from paying the Zakah.

(I have been commanded to fight the people until they testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, establish the prayer and pay the Zakah.) This honorable Ayah (9:5) was called the Ayah of the Sword, about which Ad-Dahhak bin Muzahim said, "It abrogated every agreement of peace between the Prophet and any idolator, every treaty, and every term.'' Al-`Awfi said that Ibn

this is the explanation I got from www.tafsir.com

Still is condoning violence and attacking people who don't follow our faith until they convert? or am i misunderstanding?

muslimah-2k8

Question: Most often questions asked by non-Muslims : Doesn't Islam promote violence, bloodshed and brutality since the Quran says that Muslims should kill the kuffar where ever they find them?

Answer: A few selected verses from the Quran are often misquoted to perpetuate the myth that Islam promotes violence, and exhorts its followers to kill those outside the pale of Islam.
1. Verse from Surah Taubah

The following verse from Surah Taubah is very often quoted by critics of Islam, to show that Islam promotes violence, bloodshed and brutality: “Kill the mushrikeen (pagans, polytheists, kuffar) where ever you find them.” [Al-Quran 9:5]
2. Context of verse is during battlefield

Critics of Islam actually quote this verse out of context. In order to understand the context, we need to read from verse 1 of this surah. It says that there was a peace treaty between the Muslims and the Mushriks (pagans) of Makkah. This treaty was violated by the Mushriks of Makkah. A period of four months was given to the Mushriks of Makkah to make amends.

The oft-quoted Quranic verse about killing of disbelievers pertains to only a particular period when the disbelievers had rejected a treaty. It is like generalising the American army order to kill Vietnamese guerillas for all time to come

Otherwise war would be declared against them. Verse 5 of Surah Taubah says: “But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is oft-forgiving, Most merciful.” [Al-Quran 9:5] This verse is quoted during a battle.
3. Example of war between America and Vietnam

We know that America was once at war with Vietnam. Suppose the President of America or the General of the American Army told the American soldiers during the war: “Wherever you find the Vietnamese, kill them”. Today if I say that the American President said, “Wherever you find Vietnamese, kill them” without giving the context, I will make him sound like a butcher. But if I quote him in context, that he said it during a war, it will sound very logical, as he was trying to boost the morale of the American soldiers during the war.
4. Verse 9:5 quoted to boost morale of Muslims during battle

Similarly in Surah Taubah chapter 9 verse 5 the Quran says, “Kill the Mushriks where ever you find them”, during a battle to boost the morale of the Muslim soldiers. What the Quran is telling Muslim soldiers is, don’t be afraid during battle; wherever you find the enemies kill them.
5. Shourie jumps from verse 5 to verse 7

Arun Shourie is one of the staunchest critics of Islam in India. He quotes the same verse, Surah Taubah chapter 9 verse 5 in his book ‘The World of Fatwahs’, on page 572. After quoting verse 5 he jumps to verse 7 of Surah Taubah. Any sensible person will realise that he has skipped verse 6.
6. Surah Taubah chapter 9 verse 6 gives the answer

Surah Taubah chapter 9 verse 6 gives the answer to the allegation that Islam promotes violence, brutality and bloodshed. It says: "If one amongst the pagans ask thee for asylum, grant it to him, so that he may hear the word of Allah; and then escort him to where he can be secure that is because they are men without knowledge.” [Al-Quran 9:6]

The Quran not only says that a Mushrik seeking asylum during the battle should be granted refuge, but also that he should be escorted to a secure place. In the present international scenario, even a kind, peace-loving army General, during a battle, may let the enemy soldiers go free, if they want peace. But which army General will ever tell his soldiers, that if the enemy soldiers want peace during a battle, don’t just let them go free, but also escort them to a place of security?

This is exactly what Allah (swt) says in the Glorious Quran to promote peace in the world.

P.S. : Don't visit sites that malign Islam by giving false information.... Islam is the religion of peace...

aless

assalamu alaikum,

same content as above, so removed.

There was something else in the second post (it had example of different Muslim countries)!

Anyway I have read it before it was deleted! Although it had good examples!

I have so many more questions!

in the following link they are objecting some of your answers
[removed
Muhammad preached “No compulsion in religion.”
(Qur’an, Verse 2:256)
+
“Verses of violence are taken out of context.”
+
"Islam is the world’s fastest growing religion"

muslimah-2k8

Question .How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword? ?

Answer: It is a common complaint among some non-Muslims that Islam would not have millions of adherents all over the world, if it had not been spread by the use of force. The following points will make it clear, that far from being spread by the sword, it was the inherent force of truth, reason and logic that was responsible for the rapid spread of Islam.

1. Islam means peace. Islam comes from the root word ‘salaam’, which means peace. It also means submitting one’s will to Allah (swt). Thus Islam is a religion of peace, which is acquired by submitting one’s will to the will of the Supreme Creator, Allah (swt).

2. Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace. Each and every human being in this world is not in favour of maintaining peace and harmony. There are many, who would disrupt it for their own vested interests. Sometimes force has to be used to maintain peace. It is precisely for this reason that we have the police who use force against criminals and anti-social elements to maintain peace in the country. Islam promotes peace. At the same time, Islam exhorts it followers to fight where there is oppression. The fight against oppression may, at times, require the use of force. In Islam force can only be used to promote peace and justice.

3. Opinion of historian De Lacy O’Leary. The best reply to the misconception that Islam was spread by the sword is given by the noted historian De Lacy O’Leary in the book "Islam at the cross road" (Page 8):

"History makes it clear however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myth that historians have ever repeated."

4. Muslims ruled Spain for 800 years. Muslims ruled Spain for about 800 years. The Muslims in Spain never used the sword to force the people to convert. Later the Christian Crusaders came to Spain and wiped out the Muslims. There was not a single Muslim in Spain who could openly give the adhan, that is the call for prayers.

5. 14 million Arabs are Coptic Christians. Muslims were the lords of Arabia for 1400 years. For a few years the British ruled, and for a few years the French ruled. Overall, the Muslims ruled Arabia for 1400 years. Yet today, there are 14 million Arabs who are Coptic Christians i.e. Christians since generations. If the Muslims had used the sword there would not have been a single Arab who would have remained a Christian.

6. More than 80% non-Muslims in India. The Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years. If they wanted, they had the power of converting each and every non-Muslim of India to Islam. Today more than 80% of the population of India are non-Muslims. All these non-Muslim Indians are bearing witness today that Islam was not spread by the sword.

7. Indonesia and Malaysia. Indonesia is a country that has the maximum number of Muslims in the world. The majority of people in Malaysia are Muslims. May one ask, "Which Muslim army went to Indonesia and Malaysia?"

8. East Coast of Africa. Similarly, Islam has spread rapidly on the East Coast of Africa. One may again ask, if Islam was spread by the sword, "Which Muslim army went to the East Coast of Africa?"

9. Thomas Carlyle. The famous historian, Thomas Carlyle, in his book "Heroes and Hero worship", refers to this misconception about the spread of Islam: "The sword indeed, but where will you get your sword? Every new opinion, at its starting is precisely in a minority of one. In one man’s head alone. There it dwells as yet. One man alone of the whole world believes it, there is one man against all men. That he takes a sword and try to propagate with that, will do little for him. You must get your sword! On the whole, a thing will propagate itself as it can."

10. No compulsion in religion. With which sword was Islam spread? Even if Muslims had it they could not use it to spread Islam because the Qur’an says in the following verse: "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error" [Al-Qur’an 2:256]

11. Sword of the Intellect. It is the sword of intellect. The sword that conquers the hearts and minds of people. The Qur’an says in Surah Nahl, chapter 16 verse 125: "Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious." [Al-Qur’an 16:125]

12. Increase in the world religions from 1934 to 1984. An article in Reader’s Digest ‘Almanac’, year book 1986, gave the statistics of the increase of percentage of the major religions of the world in half a century from 1934 to 1984. This article also appeared in ‘The Plain Truth’ magazine. At the top was Islam, which increased by 235%, and Christianity had increased only by 47%. May one ask, which war took place in this century which converted millions of people to Islam?

13. Islam is the fastest growing religion in America and Europe. Today the fastest growing religion in America is Islam. The fastest growing religion in Europe in Islam. Which sword is forcing people in the West to accept Islam in such large numbers?

14. Dr. Joseph Adam Pearson. Dr. Joseph Adam Pearson rightly says, "People who worry that nuclear weaponry will one day fall in the hands of the Arabs, fail to realize that the Islamic bomb has been dropped already, it fell the day MUHAMMED (pbuh) was born".

by Dr Zakir Naik