I need some advice.....seriously........

Stefana

Ok on the good news end I have made my final decision to convert ^_^ I like this religion better than my familes it works 4 me ,but yet again i need help o_o

Any suggestions on how I get to a mosque cause the likely hood of my mom taking me...well its just not gonna happen {propoganda believing mom!!!!:angryred:} I need suggestions on how to sneak out the house transportation and wat am I suppose to wear?

As always thanks again

:tti_sister: Alhamdulillah

Johra

:salam2:
:ma: That's very good i wish you all the best in this new deen and may Allah (SWT) reward you in this world and the next and make it easy for you. InshaAllah everything will be alright and you never know your mom might just happen to change if you tell her the truth. BarakAllah Fik:SMILY206:

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Hello

Good choice. Ok, so you live in the USA depending on where you may get a taxi to drive you there. So my advice get a taxi to drive you to the nearest masjiid. May Allah SWT guide you and increase your knowledge about Islam. Ameen!!

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo Alaikom sister Stefana :)

you can become a muslim by saying { Ashadu Ana La Elaha Ila Allah Wa Ana Mohammedan Rashoulo Allah} {I believe there is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his messanger}

Please read some from this link
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=15

you know best how your family would react to your decision... If you think that they would give you a hard time and let it go later (i would suggest to tell them)... If you think that they'll never "swallow" the news, I would suggest not to tell them until you are able to support yourself....

as trying to go to mosque/masjid.... you don't have to if you think that it would not be safe for you.... if it is safe, then you can check the closest masjid from this website (http://www.islamicfinder.org/)... you can get direction from google map (http://maps.google.com/).... If you need any help, let me know :)

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:
:SMILY139::SMILY139::SMILY139:
:SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259:
:jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap:
:SMILY33::SMILY33::SMILY33:
:SMILY34::SMILY34::SMILY34:
:D:D:D

GAZIJA

Staff member
Ok on the good news end I have made my final decision to convert ^_^ I like this religion better than my familes it works 4 me ,but yet again i need help o_o

Any suggestions on how I get to a mosque cause the likely hood of my mom taking me...well its just not gonna happen {propoganda believing mom!!!!:angryred:} I need suggestions on how to sneak out the house transportation and wat am I suppose to wear?

As always thanks again

:tti_sister: Alhamdulillah

Assalamu Aleikum dear sister

May Allah guide you and make it eazy on you!!

Regarding your question;

1. Try to go to the masjid when your parents are not home, if that will be more simple then lying to them.

2. After you have figured out where the masjid is take a train or bus there. I think for young sister like yourself is more secure if you are going alone?

3. You have to weare cloths which will not show your ties, your body figure should not be exposed:SMILY335:

I hope this helps, perheps sisters can give you better advice.

weselam

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY206::SMILY34:

WELCOME TO ISLAM
Stefana:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:
Allah must love you for that he light up your life with the true relgion :hearts::hearts:
I FEEL HAPPY FOR YOU
Here is some verses from Quran i dedicate it to you"i cant find anything Most Precious than Allah words

الله نزل احسن الحديث كتابا متشابها مثاني تقشعر منه جلود الذين يخشون ربهم ثم تلين جلودهم وقلوبهم الى ذكر الله ذلك هدى الله يهدي به من يشاء ومن يضلل الله فما له من هاد

Allah hath (now) revealed the fairest of statements, a Scripture consistent, (wherein promises of reward are) paired (with threats of punishment), whereat doth creep the flesh of those who fear their Lord, so that their flesh and their hearts soften to Allah's reminder. Such is Allah's guidance, wherewith He guideth whom He will. And him whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no guide.

الم يان للذين امنوا ان تخشع قلوبهم لذكر الله وما نزل من الحق ولا يكونوا كالذين اوتوا الكتاب من قبل فطال عليهم الامد فقست قلوبهم وكثير منهم فاسقون

Is not the time ripe for the hearts of those who believe to submit to Allah's reminder and to the truth which is revealed, that they become not as those who received the scripture of old but the term was prolonged for them and so their hearts were hardened, and many of them are evil-livers

واذا سمعوا ما انزل الى الرسول ترى اعينهم تفيض من الدمع مما عرفوا من الحق يقولون ربنا امنا فاكتبنا مع الشاهدين

When they listen to that which hath been revealed unto the messengers, thou seest their eyes overflow with tears because of their recognition of the Truth. They say: Our Lord, we believe. Inscribe us as among the witnesses.

افمن شرح الله صدره للاسلام فهو على نور من ربه فويل للقاسية قلوبهم من ذكر الله اولئك في ضلال مبين

Is he whose bosom Allah hath expanded for Al-Islam, so that he followeth a light from his Lord, (as he who disbelieveth)? Then woe unto those whose hearts are hardened against remembrance of Allah. Such are in plain error.

ان الدين عند الله الاسلام وما اختلف الذين اوتوا الكتاب الا من بعد ما جاءهم العلم بغيا بينهم ومن يكفر بايات الله فان الله سريع الحساب

Lo! religion with Allah (is) the Surrender (to His Will and Guidance). Those who (formerly) received the Scripture differed only after knowledge came unto them, through transgression among themselves. Whoso disbelieveth the revelations of Allah (will find that) lo! Allah is swift at reckoning.

فمن يرد الله ان يهديه يشرح صدره للاسلام ومن يرد ان يضله يجعل صدره ضيقا حرجا كانما يصعد في السماء كذلك يجعل الله الرجس على الذين لا يؤمنون

And whomsoever it is Allah's will to guide, He expandeth his bosom unto the Surrender, and whomsoever it is His Will to send astray, He maketh his bosom close and narrow as if he were engaged in sheer ascent. Thus Allah layeth ignominy upon those who believe not

ربنا اننا سمعنا مناديا ينادي للايمان ان امنوا بربكم فامنا ربنا فاغفر لنا ذنوبنا وكفر عنا سيئاتنا وتوفنا مع الابرار

Our Lord! Lo! we have heard a crier calling unto Faith: "Believe ye in your Lord!" So we believed. Our Lord! Therefor forgive us our sins, and remit from us our evil deeds, and make us die the death of the righteous.

الذين امنوا وتطمئن قلوبهم بذكر الله الا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب

Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!

واذا سالك عبادي عني فاني قريب اجيب دعوة الداع اذا دعان فليستجيبوا لي وليؤمنوا بي لعلهم يرشدون

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright.

ان الذين امنوا والذين هادوا والنصارى والصابئين من امن بالله واليوم الاخر وعمل صالحا فلهم اجرهم عند ربهم ولا خوف عليهم ولا هم يحزنون

Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

is actually an extremely simple process, without complication or prolongment. This is because it is something between a person and his/her Lord and there are no other parties involved. All that is required of a person in order to embrace Islam is that he or she pronounce the two testaments of belief in the Islamic creed, believing in their meaning, then to take a complete bath with the intention of (ritual) purification in order to start performing prayers (note to ensure complete cleanliness one should shave pubic and under-arm hair, and a man should be circumcized if he is not already--Islam places great emphasis on proper hygiene and personal cleanliness).

As for the two testimonies of creed, the first is "ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illa allah" (I testify that there is no deity other then Allah), which means that one believes and confirms that there is nothing to be worshipped other than Allah and that one is prepared to implement His divine rulings and [/size][/color][/color]guidlines (shari'a) for all aspects of life. The second is "ash-hadu anna muhammad ar-rasool ullah" which means the belief that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the seal of the prophets (i.e. the final one), whom Allah has sent with the Islamic religion to supercede all other previous religions and that it is obligatory to comply with what he has enjoined, and to abstain and renounce all that he has prohibited and restrained.

"ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illa allah ash-hadu anna muhammad ar-rasool ullah "
(I dare witness that there is no deity other then Allah and i dare witness that Muhammed is the prophet of Allah and i dare witness that jesus is the prophet and slave of Allah

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
, congratulate you for your decision, and will try to help you in any way i can:hearts::hearts::hearts::tti_sister::SMILY206::SMILY206:
Stefana MAY ALLAH ENTER YOU HEAVEN AND LIGHT UP YOUR LIFE WITH HAPPINESS And in AKHRA AMEEN:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::

In the presence of non-mahrams a woman should cover her entire body, with the exception of her hands and face which may remain uncovered. Please refer to the laws of your Mujthahid for detailed rulings. A non-mahrem is a man who does not fit into any of the catagories listed in the ayat below (24:31).

Islam pays much attention to the protection of women and caring for women's specific needs. This special consideration honours her and makes secure her position in life. The rules on clothing placed on a muslim woman ensure that she is guarded against all types of corruption that may result if her beauty becomes a dazzling display for all to see.

If your family are Christians then you may like to consider the similarity between the dress of a Muslim woman and that of a nun.

Alhumdalillah that Islam protects women in this most loving respectful way.

HOW TO WEAR HIJAB video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1tYfBNfqgU

Conditions of Hijab

There are some conditions with regards to the hijab, which are really all common sense if you consider the purpose of the hijab. Please see below:-

The hijab must cover the necessary areas of the body
The hijab must not in itself be a display that attracts attention
The hijab must not be transparent
The hijab must not be tight over the body, the hijab must not give away the shape of the body
The hijab must not be perfumed for purposes of attracting attention
The hijab should not resemble the dress of the opposite sex
The hijab should not be a garment of fame

Please see below some Quranic ayats regarding hijab:

"And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hand possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah (swt) all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful." (24:31)

"And (as for) women in advanced years who do not hope for a marriage, it is no sin for them if they put off their clothes without displaying their ornaments; and if they restrain themselves it is better for them; and Allah (swt) is Hearing, Knowing." (24:60)

"O Prophet (saaw)! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah (swt) is Forgiving, Merciful." (33:59)

The word “Muslim” means one who submits to the will of God, regardless of their race, nationality or ethnic background. Becoming a Muslim is a simple and easy process that requires no pre-requisites. One may convert alone in privacy, or he/she may do so in the presence of others.

If anyone has a real desire to be a Muslim and has full conviction and strong belief that Islam is the true religion of God, then, all one needs to do is pronounce the “Shahada”, the testimony of faith, without further delay. The “Shahada” is the first and most important of the five pillars of Islam.

With the pronunciation of this testimony, or “Shahada”, with sincere belief and conviction, one enters the fold of Islam.

Upon entering the fold of Islam purely for the Pleasure of God, all of one’s previous sins are forgiven, and one starts a new life of piety and righteousness. The Prophet said to a person who had placed the condition upon the Prophet in accepting Islam that God would forgive his sins:

“Do you not know that accepting Islam destroys all sins which come before it?” (Saheeh Muslim)

When one accepts Islam, they in essence repent from the ways and beliefs of their previous life. One need not be overburdened by sins committed before their acceptance. The person’s record is clean, and it is as if he was just born from his mother’s womb. One should try as much as possible to keep his records clean and strive to do as many good deeds as possible.

The Holy Quran and Hadeeth (prophetic sayings) both stress the importance of following Islam. God states:

“...The only religion in the sight of God is Islam...” (Quran 3:19)

In another verse of the Holy Quran, God states:

“If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter, he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (their selves in the Hellfire).” (Quran 3:85)

In another saying, Muhammad, the Prophet of God, said:

“Whoever testifies that there in none worthy of being worshipped but God, Who has no partner, and that Muhammad is His slave and Prophet, and that Jesus is the Slave of God, His Prophet, and His word[1] which He bestowed in Mary and a spirit created from Him; and that Paradise (Heaven) is true, and that the Hellfire is true, God will eventually admit him into Paradise, according to his deeds.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

The Prophet of God, may the blessing and mercy of God be upon him, also reported:

“Indeed God has forbidden to reside eternally in Hell the person who says: “I testify that none has the right to worship except Allah (God),’ seeking thereby the Face of God.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)

The Declaration of the Testimony (Shahada)
To convert to Islam and become a Muslim a person needs to pronounce the below testimony with conviction and understanding its meaning:

I testify “La ilah illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.”

The translation of which is:

“I testify that there is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and that Muhammad is a Messenger (Prophet) of God.”

To hear it click here or click on “Live Help” above for assistance by chat.

When someone pronounces the testimony with conviction, then he/she has become a Muslim. It can be done alone, but it is much better to be done with an adviser through the “Live Help” at top, so we may help you in pronouncing it right and to provide you with important resources for new Muslims.

The first part of the testimony consists of the most important truth that God revealed to mankind: that there is nothing divine or worthy of being worshipped except for Almighty God. God states in the Holy Quran:

“We did not send the Messenger before you without revealing to him: ‘none has the right to be worshipped except I, therefore worship Me.’” (Quran 21:25)

This conveys that all forms of worship, whether it be praying, fasting, invoking, seeking refuge in, and offering an animal as sacrifice, must be directed to God and to God alone. Directing any form of worship to other than God (whether it be an angel, a messenger, Jesus, Muhammad, a saint, an idol, the sun, the moon, a tree) is seen as a contradiction to the fundamental message of Islam, and it is an unforgivable sin unless it is repented from before one dies. All forms of worship must be directed to God only.

Worship means the performance of deeds and sayings that please God, things which He commanded or encouraged to be performed, either by direct textual proof or by analogy. Thus, worship is not restricted to the implementation of the five pillars of Islam, but also includes every aspect of life. Providing food for one’s family, and saying something pleasant to cheer a person up are also considered acts of worship, if such is done with the intention of pleasing God. This means that, to be accepted, all acts of worship must be carried out sincerely for the Sake of God alone.

The second part of the testimony means that Prophet Muhammad is the servant and chosen messenger of God. This implies that one obeys and follows the commands of the Prophet. One must believe in what he has said, practice his teachings and avoid what he has forbidden. One must therefore worship God only according to his teaching alone, for all the teachings of the Prophet were in fact revelations and inspirations conveyed to him by God.

One must try to mold their lives and character and emulate the Prophet, as he was a living example for humans to follow. God says:

“And indeed you are upon a high standard of moral character.” (Quran 68:4)

God also said:

“And in deed you have a good and upright example in the Messenger of God, for those who hope in the meeting of God and the Hereafter, and mentions God much.” (Quran 33:21)

He was sent in order to practically implement the Quran, in his saying, deeds, legislation as well as all other facets of life. Aisha, the wife of the Prophet, when asked about the character of the Prophet, replied:

“His character was that of the Quran.” (As-Suyooti)

To truly adhere to the second part of the Shahada is to follow his example in all walks of life. God says:

“Say (O Muhammad to mankind): ‘If you (really) love God, then follow me.’” (Quran 3:31)

It also means that Muhammad is the Final Prophet and Messenger of God, and that no (true) Prophet can come after him.

“Muhammad is not the father of any man among you but he is the Messenger of God and the last (end) of the Prophets and God is Ever All-Aware of everything.” (Quran 33:40)

All who claim to be prophets or receive revelation after Muhammad are imposters, and to acknowledge them would be tantamount to disbelief.

Stefana

Assalamu Aleikum dear sister

May Allah guide you and make it eazy on you!!

Regarding your question;

1. Try to go to the masjid when your parents are not home, if that will be more simple then lying to them.

2. After you have figured out where the masjid is take a train or bus there. I think for young sister like yourself is more secure if you are going alone?

3. You have to weare cloths which will not show your ties, your body figure should not be exposed:SMILY335:

I hope this helps, perheps sisters can give you better advice.

weselam

Well I do many things alone already reasons 4 the following: 1.My Father died when I was 2 (Allah bless him) and mom never remarried, 2.I have no siblings or cousins near by so I grew up to be strong and fend 4 my self if mom was not there, 3.I took a martial art and also own many weapons including a sword, and 4. I was picked on many years in school so I was usually alone and nearly all my teachers racist besides mom no one was on my side but I mades sum friends in school and many outside. So in concludsion I am fine going alone 4 I am strong and warrior like and have a good deal of common senes and may no man under estimate me :SMILY286: {i.e. Why I choose my last name and created it "Intaieshion"{And if u wish to know the meaning of it can be read in my previous post "do i have to change my name?"}}

And if that isn't enuf Alhamdulillah may Allah and my deceased father watch over me and see that I make every journey safely for the sake of my jihad and hopes of joining Lord Allah by achieving Jannah

And Thank u all and once again :tti_sister: Alhamdulillah

Asalaamlikum sister Stefana,

Mashallah. I am very happy for you. It'll be the best decision you've ever made. May Allah swt continue to shower you and inshallah (God willing) guide your family to the right path.

Welcome to your global family.

The shahada (or declaration of faith) can be said by yourself or at the masjid. Most reverts usually do it at the masjid to get the warm feelings & welcomes of the brothers & sisters.

Use this to find the nearest masjid near you: www.islamicfinder.org

Part of being a Muslim women means modesty. The sisters can give you advice as to what to wear. Loose clothing and a scarf is the proper way. If you have difficulty wearing a scarf, I'm sure your local imam can accomodate something for you.

Your brother in Islam,

TheHumbleWun :hearts:

nori suja'i

I need some advice.....seriously

Dear Sister,
Dont delay if our intention is good in the path of Allah. Allah's Firman in AlQur'an "Say Selawat Rasulullah as much as u can" (ALLAH HUMMA SOLLI ALA MUHAMMAD, WA ALA ALIHI MUHAMMAD)" - say it sincerely if possible more than 101x daily.
There is a hikmah (miracle) behind it that is everything will becoming so easy or simple with Allah's permission.
InsyaAllah.
I'm imperfect but I like practising...

cmelbouzaidi

CONGRATULATIONS dear sister Stefana. May Allah reward you. If it is difficult for you to get to a masjid, continue to read at home and do your research from Islamic websites like this one and read Qur'an and try to learn how to perform our essential prayers. I do not like the idea of you "sneaking out" because you are still a teenager and your mother should know where you are at all times, especially as you are her only child :)

Start trying to adjust your wardrobe to loose-fitting clothing that covers to above your collar bone and longer sleeves and shirts that extend to cover to your thighs when wearing pants or with loose long skirts. If you feel ready to wear hijab soon, I don't know if you have access to order things on line but there is a website with really cute and practical al amira two piece hijabs (don't need any pins :) ) called hijabgirl.com. The hijabs are nice and usually less than $10 a piece.

All the best to you little sister and be kind to your mother, this is very important in Islam.

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
u so clever sister....remember to care ur mother and the best way to teach her could be ur 'amal rather than words if u think she will be against u decision...

wish u a great journey sister...may ALLAH (SWT) make it easy for u...

-brother IbnAdam-

Idris16

"ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illa allah ash-hadu anna muhammad ar-rasool ullah "
(I dare witness that there is no deity other then Allah and i dare witness that Muhammed is the prophet of Allah (and i dare witness that jesus is the prophet and slave of Allah WRONG

[/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please listen to the others. You can ask a sister to provide transportation for you. They will be glad to offer. It is our duty. Just know you are not alone. We are here for and with you.
Clothing, well it takes time. I have hit thrift stores to find scarves and longer skirts. You can find gems in there. And it is fun.

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
Mabrook , it means
CoNGRaTuLaTioNS
I hope that everything be easy for you and may Allah guide you to the right path insha`Allah

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Masha Allah, Allah hu Akbar very glad to know about u Sister. To whom Allah guide nothing can mislead them. Sister as many Bothers/Sisters said if u ready to embrace Islam then dont delay in it, as we dont know what our next moment will be. If u are ready for ur shahada, u can take it here also, as many did before and start practising Islam to your best as like mentioned by Brothers/Sisters above about ur clothing, offering namaz, keeping ur self away haram (FOOD), so on.... and one of the very important thing be nice, gentle, obedient to ur mother as Islam guided us, then insha Allah when ever u find proper medium to reach mosque u can go and take ur shahada and may be at that time ur mom may herself take u to mosque Allah knows the best. U may alredy have good knowledge of Islam the link will help in basic things of Islam like how to make ABLUTION, NAMAZA, .......

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46

http://www.sultan.org/

Sister in my thinking when u start living as according to Islam ur mom will surly notice positive changes in u and I think for which she will be very happy and at that time u can declare about ur convertion to her by urself as I think it will be nice for her to know directly through u them from others as I think u is your moms whole world and so does she is for u. This are only my thinking as u r there and facing the situation u know better then me rest Allah knows the best. And please make duwa for my for Allah's forgiveness and his mercy.

Masha Allah nice advice brother.

CONGRATULATIONS dear sister Stefana. May Allah reward you. If it is difficult for you to get to a masjid, continue to read at home and do your research from Islamic websites like this one and read Qur'an and try to learn how to perform our essential prayers. I do not like the idea of you "sneaking out" because you are still a teenager and your mother should know where you are at all times, especially as you are her only child :)

Start trying to adjust your wardrobe to loose-fitting clothing that covers to above your collar bone and longer sleeves and shirts that extend to cover to your thighs when wearing pants or with loose long skirts. If you feel ready to wear hijab soon, I don't know if you have access to order things on line but there is a website with really cute and practical al amira two piece hijabs (don't need any pins :) ) called hijabgirl.com. The hijabs are nice and usually less than $10 a piece.

All the best to you little sister and be kind to your mother, this is very important in Islam.

:wasalam:

May Allah guide all of us to the straight path on which his blessings are.Ameen