i started wearing the hijab

Miss.R

:salam2:
hey........ i started wearing the hijab....:blackhijab: it was all of a sudden..n not only the hijab but the niqab as well..so my college frnds were stunned (tho i have to remove my niqab due to techniqal reasons fr the practicals).
n den there was a shower of stupid questions... i laugh at thier questions n try to give humours ans...they have all these questions because they dont see ppl wearing it much around here.i stay in a non muslim country .
but the silliest quest. were
1)will u wear this forever??
2)now! wen will u remove this??
3)what a torture!!!!
i dont know what to tell them , how to answer dem so i require ur help frnds.plz give me some appropriate ans fr these questions..

jazakallah

amyaishazouaoui

mashallah

:ma:
Well done for being strong and taking the plunge!!!!! Niqab too........mahsallah. I used to wear it to uni too, i used to have to take it off coz i was in the lab mst of the time playing reasearch chemistry, but it was ok. Alhamdulillah, no one said anything and even my tutors were over compensting on the political correctness!!!! I now go part time niqab coz as a teacher its quite difficult.

What to say to people................... "this is me now, im still the same craz person inside the piece of cloth"

Believe me it will sort your friends out. You will soon learn whos hot and whos not........you only want good friends tho right?????

If people drop by the way side then let them, you probably didn't need them anyway!!!!! You may even find new friends!!!!!

Just take it easy and if things get tough, Allah is always there for you ok.

:wasalam:
A

Miss.R

leave alone the attitude of non muslims what hurts me more is tht my muslims frnds comment on the hijab...look at her , how she looks!...have u seen her? etc its the attitude of my ignorant muslim brothers n sisters in islam.

i only pray to Allah (swt) to bless them with the true knowledge n understanding of islam

amyaishazouaoui

I know its hard. I lived with 2 muslims when i reverted, before i reverted they wear my best mates, after they stopped talking to me within 2 months. Neither of them wore hijab, but by the end of the year they had!!!!!

One of them also commented that I was learning the easy surahs when my friend was teaching me how to read arabic......easy, yes its easy when u been reading arabic since u were iccle, but the squiggles aint so easy for us.
Most of us have a similar experience..... oh and then there was the put downs from other reverts coz i dont speak fusha...posh... arabic, i learned algerian dialect frist and we pronounce things different....needless to say i can ge by with both now alhamdulillah.

ITS ALL A TEST

Islamthetruth

leave alone the attitude of non muslims what hurts me more is tht my muslims frnds comment on the hijab...look at her , how she looks!...have u seen her? etc its the attitude of my ignorant muslim brothers n sisters in islam.

i only pray to Allah (swt) to bless them with the true knowledge n understanding of islam

I just wanna say that you should not and NEVER feel bad how they talk to u. JUST TELL THEM U WERE IN THE WORNG AND NOW UR TRYING TO BE A GOOD MUSLIM, thats it. The kind of muslims your talking about are around me everywhere. if they bother u alot just find a better friend i am sure u have a islamic society there go there and maybe make new friends and remember your doing this for the sake of Allah.

salam sister

if you do any thing for a person she becomes your friend.

and if you do anything for allah then allah will becomes as your friend.
who says that you are alone or you dont have any friend?

Globalpeace

Banned
Allah is your Protector!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Starting to practice Islam whether you are revert or simply a Muslim who is decided to practice (I put both in the same category although there can be subtle differences) can appear daunting as you have many factors stacked against you; some of these factors often collaborate together to bring some pretty serious fire-power against you:

• Culture
• Family
• Friends
• Media
• Shaytaan
• Nafs (Ego)

On the opposite end; you have ONLY ONE thing in your favour:

• Allah

And when Allah (SWT) is your protector, no one can defeat you and all those factors (individually or collectively) turn into rubble…

Brothers and Sisters: Stick to the Qur’aan and the Sunnah and REMEMBER:

Surah Talaq (65:3/4) : And he who fears ALLAH - HE will make for him a way out… And will provide for him from whence he expects not. And he who puts his trust in ALLAH - HE is sufficient for him. Verily, ALLAH will accomplish HIS purpose. For everything has ALLAH appointed a measure.

Aniq

Well Done

Salaam well done sisters
It is very good that you have starting wearing the niqab and hijab. May AllAH give you the strength to continue to wear this. Remember it is for Allah . As you are wearing tis it is very important you have the good character too.Im very happy for you lol
Read this book if you can By Sister Naima B Roberts
Its called From my sisters lips .
Its about a revert who converts to islam whil at uiniversity , she was a clubber girl at her first year at uni and was really popular. Then she converts and wears the niqab in her 3 rd year . This book will help you with answers to your friends and give you strength.

maisha_d

:D lol i had similar reactions when i started wearing the niqab... don't wry after they get used to it theyll get over it ...the first few weeks were...interesting...

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR

I am proud of you sister. May Allah always guide you.

If your friends ask telll them this

Example of twin sisters:

Suppose two sisters who are twins, and who are equally beautiful, walk down the street. One of them is attired in the Islamic hijaab.The other sister is wearing western clothes, a mini skirt or shorts. Just around the corner there is a hooligan or ruffian who is waiting for a catch, to tease a girl. Whom will he tease? The girl wearing the Islamic Hijaab or the girl wearing the skirt or the mini? Naturally he will tease the girl wearing the skirt or the mini. Such dresses are an indirect invitation to the opposite sex for teasing and molestation. The Qur’an rightly says that hijaab prevents women from being molested.

abou haytam

salam o alikom

I am verry happy for you sister. I just want to tell you that the life is a test for muslim, i am from morocco and i am far from to be a good muslim. i stoped to pray for 7 years... i am not proud of my self ..but just to tell you ..not because we are raised in `` muslim`` country...that we are good freind or good husband or good compagnant...or good muslim ..islam don t have country and this is the power¸thing that have islam. islam is not an heritage that we have form our parent for us ....islam is a truth that need a mind and a heart to feel it. so don t mind about your ```muslim`` or arab friend ... Can you beleive that there are people living in Mecca and they never went to Alhajj ????? ..yes they exist. they don t knowthe chance they have to be close to alkaaba...exactly like our chance to speak arabic...but bad muslim...sister You are in theroad to allah...continu.

allah almo3een

PS : excuse my english , ispeak french fluently and arabic ...and berber . i prefer french.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Assalamu alaikum Sister,

Regarding you wearing the hijab:

:jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap:

Regarding your friends:

Don`t :SMILY23: :SMILY23: or :angryblue: :angryblue:

For you have defeated the shaytan. :SMILY346: :SMILY346:

Congratulations on this great accomplishment.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AuA,

Sista, you have simply won the war. Stay proud that you dared to differ for the sake of Allah and not for the sake of those idiots.

Now if anybody objects then just ask him/her:
"how can you say anything which you have not tried yet? Experience it and see the difference."

Over that if they are not convinced then rest assured that the strange looks and behaviour of people will become very much normal part of your life. It will become the part of your basic instinct. And that is really enjoyable I tell you, :).

Wassalaam.
VE

Miss.R

aniq ill surely read the book it sounds interesting...n every one thx fr ur valueble advice...jazakallah khair evryone

shaz_1999

Ive worn my hijaab 4 so long now but wen I meet new ppl dey wud still ask these questions it good dat dey do ask u rather den speak behind ur bak sometimes ppl will make worse comments but just ignore dem do not ever let dem get 2 u coz if u do den dey will just say more and more to make blow big time. I have such a short temper but its around ppl I know never around stragers. I still find it hard to keep my kool wen u get these comments buts wat doesnt break us makes us stronger.

Proud of u sis big time

lolo1987

hey........ i started wearing the hijab....:blackhijab: it was all of a sudden..n not only the hijab but the niqab as well..so my college frnds were stunned (tho i have to remove my niqab due to techniqal reasons fr the practicals).
n den there was a shower of stupid questions... i laugh at thier questions n try to give humours ans...they have all these questions because they dont see ppl wearing it much around here.i stay in a non muslim country .
but the silliest quest. were
1)will u wear this forever??
2)now! wen will u remove this??
3)what a torture!!!!
i dont know what to tell them , how to answer dem so i require ur help frnds.plz give me some appropriate ans fr these questions..

jazakallah
wa 3alaykom Alsalam wa ra7mato Allah wa barakatoh,
dear sister, it became the norm of our age that islam with its all aspects became a "stranger" or "3'areeb" as our prophet(pbuh) said. therefore, just let them know that it is a personal freedom, the freedom that they promote every where except in these islamic issues. Believe me, you did so or not, they will criticize you just because you are a muslim, so keep on the right track, and Allah will help you get over all these silly comments & questions you receive from the surrounding people :):)
I ask Allah the best luck for you isA..
salam
your sister, fayrouz Ibrahim

powerofislam

masALLAH it si good that u started wearing hijab but try not to abuse it by wearing tight and revealing clothes with it with hijab comes areal responsibilty