I think{informative}

cabdixakim

:bismillah:
:salam:

Think of and share with us:

1] a social norm{or any habitual behaviour} commonly spread in your community which if negative conflicts with Islamic principles and if positive coincides with Islamic principles.

2] a myth{might or might not relate to Islam} which was spread in your community during your childhood or up till now.

Rules
_ If you share a negative social norm or any negative habitual behaviour then you must share also how to tackle it.
_ In order to write your posts you must rate the previous post/s thereby the post with most likes is the winner of nothing.{Hint:beware of how you rate}
_ As the game{or whatever this is} advances one can share either of the two:a social norm or a myth.
_As for a code of conduct only one rule applies{behave as a muslim}.

Alright then I begin...
social norm
At the time when a lunar eclipse occurs,people come out of houses in crowds and walk all over the location with some one who carries a container full of burning incense leading them.And all along the way people chant words that seem to be {not bad to me}.This a negative social norm and which I do not know where we borrowed it from.Islamically,we offer a prayer{khusuf}during lunar eclipse.

how to tackle it
As the people do this strange act,you see the Imam leading Khusuf prayer in the mosque{neglecting or ignoring them}.I think it is the duty of the Imam to rebuke that act before or after prayer or any other time.Also I think people of knowledge in such a locality should take Jawlah{patrol} house by house once in a week or so to enlighten people on that matter.

Myth
All along our innocent childhood it was commonly spread myth that Masiixu Dajaal{Dajjal} resides or is chained in the triangle of Bermuda{I say this is a myth becouse there is nothing that explains it}.This English word 'triangle' I have known it before any other English word we used to say 'triangalka barmudo'

may Allah guide us to His straightened path...aamiin

cabdixakim

habitual behaviour
After the completion of the Quran by a student,in my country it is a common culture to pay the teacher 'Qalin' an offer of a she-camel or its equivalent.This a great practice I think we may have borrowed it from the Arabs.
Myth
in my country when it rains and the sun is at the same time shining or is observable,then people say a she- elephant or a she- hyena or a lioness is giving birth.A tame myth!

The reason why I have started this is I have seen certain occasions where culture of certain people is mingled with the Religion.Since I have no right to finger-point others,I thought it is suitable for every one to point out their own{communities} wrongdoings hence creating awareness.Once the pollutants are detected we can then claim the environment is safe or can be saved.