If moving to London...

Amiya

If one should move to London with small children, where would be a good place to settle, if one needs a good masjid that uses english language, islamic elementary- and pre-school preferely in walking distance? House rents that one can live with is also a must.
:muslim_child:

Jazaq'Allahu khairan for advice.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum sister,

Ummm I have no idea sis but Inshaa'Allaah our sisters and brothers from London would be able to answer you. Welcome to the site and may you benefit from it :)

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2: sister!

Welcome to TTI! :)

Anyway, don't worry too much about that 'cause London is full of muslim communities mash'Allah! Lots of choices! :hearts:
That's why I always say that the best place in Europe for Muslim is London!!

Amiya

Salaam aleycum..

-Yeah, that I have understood...but for a person that know totally nothing what so ever about London, communities, schools, masjids..nothing...?

It feels quite risky just trusting in Allah, packing my suitcase, putting the kids one under each arm and one in a leach, and just GO there?

...you know, like "Trust in Allah, but tie your camel"?

Anyone..?

Baleegh

there alot of Muslim communities there

London is a big city but there alot of Muslim communities live there

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams sister

There are large muslim communities in most of the London Boroughs masha'allah - biggest muslim communities in probably London borough of Tower Hamlets, Newham, Ealing, Hounslow, Hackney, WalthamForest. I personally would avoid Hackney or Tower Hamlets - the rest are ok. Southall in Ealing has a massive Muslim community - espeically Pakistanis/Indians ( dont know what nationality/ethnicity you are??) Ealing is very mixed but lots of muslims in Acton, Ealing, etc. Shepherds Bush area ( in Hammersmith and Fulham) has a lot of muslims, very mixed community too. Hounslow is pretty mixed - lots of muslims but lots of Sikhs/ Hindus too...

Read this insha'allah
http://www.london.gov.uk/gla/publications/equalities/muslims-in-london.pdf

For Muslim schools in London - look at this - you can find out about the muslim schools in London - they are listed:

http://www.ams-uk.org/

The biggest mosque in London is Central Mosque in Regents Park

http://www.iccuk.org/icc/location.htm

Do you know any muslims who live in London??

As for rental prices - will vary greatly....if its just you and your children maybe you can get help from the Council etc?? insha'allah - they can put you on the housing list to get you somewhere. If you are talking about private renting - it is expensive in London - for instance my husband and I pay £900 a month for a 2 bed flat in the borough of Ealing. A lot of £££!! But Ealing is expensive place to live - other boroughs will be cheaper insha'allah...other parts of Ealing prob cheaper too...The further out of London you live the cheaper it will be insha'allah...

hope that all helps insha'allah

Wasalaams

x

jamilgame

1 in 8 Londoners are muslim, if you want to be real close to muslims then east London is your best place, and also you have the East London mosque, and the city is very close, there other places like edgware road alot of arab brothers and sisters live there, but don't worry about mosques, there are PLENTY lol.

w'salam

Amiya

Salaam aleycum.

Thank you for the information. About my ethnisity : I am a norwegian revert to islam for 8 years, alhamdulillah.:tti_sister:

Don't know if there are some areas or communities that would perhaps be of more interrest than others, if I say that I'll only understand khutba given in english...

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

ok sister I'm from Lodon and i have friends and family from all parts of London!

the first question is why do you want to move to London?

Ok i am from North London/ central London and Alhamdulilah my local area isquite active in Dawah although we are trying to improve!, But the problem is that there isnt that many Islamic schools, but the local mosque(s) run many after school Classes for children, women and men. also the weekend has many classes as well but mainly for children and the khutbahs are in English.( majority of places do Khutbahs in arabic and then translated to English)

problems- crime in muslim populated areas is quite!, and the rent isnt Cheap in north london and it gets more expensive in central London. However rent is cheaper in East London and has alot more Islamic activity, but crime is higher in East London and rent is getting more expensive due to the Olympics.

disclaimer- all this info is my personal opinion and may differ depending on who you talk to, so before you make a decision speak to more people in London! if u need any more help pm me and il try and help you!

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2:

Yes, I would say that Leyton is a nice place for Muslims but also Hounslow...I live in south London...nothing to do with the 2 places I've just mentioned :)

jamilgame

Yea due to the olympics around here in East London it's getting expensive(already is) but 1 brother mentioned hounslow, that too far it's like next to heathrow airport lol, leyton is quite decent.

Even with the 2012 olympics, it's not just the stadium getting ready to be built but also inshallah the planning permissions have gone through for the mega mosque, it will be the largest mosque in the western world, right next to the olympic stadium, the money is ready it's just a matter of permission to bulid. Like said before in London one after another mosque is getting erected regardless of where you are;)

w'salam

Amiya

Mash'Allah! That is reason why I want to go to London. That, and for my children to have the possibility of getting islamic education and muslim friends. I now live in a small town with aproximately 5000 inhabitants in the northern part of Norway, and I am fearing for the deen of my children. I am educated nurse, and would also be grateful for inforamtion of good websites where one can apply for work.

Jazaq'Allahu khair, everyone!

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum!

I have a brotherly advice that it would be best if you pay a visit to London and see if it is a place for you.

Perhaps you could make some contacts there first or just go there for a week or two and check those parts of London where you would intened to live in the future.

Once you move to London and leave everything else behind, it would be too late if it is not to your taste.

I live only 200 miles away from London (in Manchester) and I moved to London without much research and the result was that i had to come back running to Mancheseter after 2 months.

I know someone who works at the same place as I do and he did the same. He moved from Manchester to London with his wife and kids last year and came back to Manchester after nearly a year.

It was a costly experiece for him.

I don't want to put you off, but I do advice to make sure if it is the right move for you.
May the help of Allah s.wt be with you. Ameen

Wassalamu alaikum

Rosheen

Sister in Islam

If you are a nurse then most likely you will work for the NHS. www.nhs.co.uk

This is a good career and means you settle anywhere in London! :)

I would avoid south east London....unless you go more central. You really do need to consider budget. Different parts of London vary in expense.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
If one should move to London with small children, where would be a good place to settle, if one needs a good masjid that uses english language, islamic elementary- and pre-school preferely in walking distance? House rents that one can live with is also a must.
:muslim_child:

Jazaq'Allahu khairan for advice.

Salam Sister,

All the advice given by the brothers and sisters are all very good. I just wanted to suggest to you an area called Slough in Berkshire which is not too far from London, with a rather large Muslim community living there of Asian and Arab. The rental isn't as expensive as living in London either.

Peace2u

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalamu alaikum!

I have a brotherly advice that it would be best if you pay a visit to London and see if it is a place for you.

Good advice brother Bawar.

I Live in Northwest London, and I dont recommend anyone to live here due to high crime rate. On the other hand, my brother and his wife live in East London. A very large muslim community, mosques, schools, Islamic conferences, universities and so on, and also its safe .

Its good to visit London and check it out yourself..

All the best inshallah..

Wassalamu Alykom..

Amiya

Bazar said:

Yes, insha Allah I will do so. I am planning to go there in december, to stay for 2 weeks and smell the atmosphere, if everything goes the way I want.

But now I 'm not going there totally blank, at least I have some information and advices in my suitcase!

Thank's to everyone.

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

You may hate the weather! in December it gets really Cold and wet!

but inshallah ul enjoy it here!

sister have u thoight of moving to a muslim country instead of london?

ie UAE, SAUDI, MALAYSIA...?