I'm not allowed to fast

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum,

my mum told me last year I could do it all this year but now she's saying im too young, i get too tired, there is no sin upon me, etc.

I cried so much when my mum forced me to eat yesterday.. I had to break my fast so I have to fast 30 days extra because of that..... So next year I have to fast like 90 days so that I don't have to earn the days in jahannum. im really sad..

@aboumeriem I like in the UK

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

How old are you, out of curiosity? If they say you are "too young"...

I would think that if you're old enough to make your own choice about fasting then it shouldn't matter...

But what do I know?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salam alaikum,

my mum told me last year I could do it all this year but now she's saying im too young, i get too tired, there is no sin upon me, etc.

I cried so much when my mum forced me to eat yesterday.. I had to break my fast so I have to fast 30 days extra because of that..... So next year I have to fast like 90 days so that I don't have to earn the days in jahannum. im really sad..

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu my dear sister

May Allah help you in your worries Inshallah and may Allah help you to find the right and correct words how to advice your mother, but never forget dear sister that we as Muslims should always behave toward our beloved parents with kindness and mercy like they took care of our when we were litlle and helpless, SubhanAllah.

Dear sister there is not obligation for you to compensate your fast, because you needed to break your fast our of need because your mother asked you to break your fast for that day,and that does not come under purposaly breaking of your fast and Allah knows the best.

Inshallah you should try to explain to your beloved mum that it is fard for every mature Muslim to fast ( ofcourse if that Muslim is capable to fast) and that you honestly fast for the sake of Allah,and that it does not affect on your health. Also you can say to your mother that if it does affect on your health than you will not fast anymore.

And maybe after your beloved mum sees your honest feelings than she will agree that you fast this Ramadhan.

May Allah help you my dear sister. Ameen ya Rabby :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum

If you are an "Adult" in the sense that you have reached the age of Puberty- then it is obligatory upon you to fast and it is haraam to obey the creation over the Creator.

It is not permissible in anyway to obey your parents in matters of the deen that are Obligatory.

I understand that it is easy for me to say but hard for you to do- but the fact of the matter is... if you fulfill the conditions then you have to fast.

May Allaah make it easy upon you and for every day you fast with difficulty- indeed Allaah will reward with something much better.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

The_truth

Salam alaikum,

Asalaamu Alaikum and jazakallahu khayr for sharing your issues with us. My sister it is clear your parents do have concern for you as their daughter but they must realise that once a person has reached puberty then fasting, praying etc becomes obligatory upon them. So if you have reached puberty then fasting is obligatory upon you. But if you have not then it is not obligatory.

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The Pen has been lifted from three: from the insane person who has no control over his reason until he recovers, from the sleeper until he wakes up, and from the child until he reaches puberty.” (Abu Dawood: 4399)

You should give them evidence of the fact that fasting is obligatory upon a person who has reached puberty although i think it would be better if you got a respected member of your family who has Islamic knowledge to inform them of this as it would have more weight coming from them rather than you as they will just think you are a child and you do not know.

Also you do not have to fast the extra 60 days kaffarah as you were forced to eat and drink to break your fast and did not eat voluntarily eat or drink to break your fast. All you have to do is make up for the days that you were forced to break your fast.

You must not shout or raise your voice at your parents for they still deserve the highest honour and you will be rewarded abundantely for showing them utmost respect regardless of how they treat you.

Make sincere dua to Allah as much as you can crying to him asking for help and assistance from him to make your parents aware that fasting is an obligation to you so that they don't stop you from fastig but actually encourage you from doing so.

May Allah enable your parents to allow you to fast and may he reward you for your patience and intentions and give you the best of this world and the hereafter. Ameen