Importance and Benefits of Manzil

rehman905

ASA,

I have been reading about a book of Duas called Manzil. I wanted to get some info regarding what are the benefits of Manzil

and also if there is a specific count or method in which it should be recited? I have a few friends that read it on regular

basis but they do not have an answer to this so i was wondering if anyone on this forum can help me get the answer.

Also are there any different versions of Manzil? i did a search online and i see a few sites that have the audio as well as

the book but i am not sure if they are all exactly the same. The reason i ask this is because i have been previously told by

a few friends to be very careful when i search for islamic related info on the web to make sure that it is authentic. So is

there an authentic source on the web that you know that you can suggest? Also if there a Mobile version available so i can

have it in my mobile to have it with me when i need to read it.

Thanks

Mohammed Junedi

Walaikum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu,

Rahman, I am not really confirmed that you are talking about Manzil that has Quranic verses or It's Just the compilation of Supplication.

If you are talking about the Manzil which is composed of Quranic verses then I would say it protects the individual who recites them in good faith.

The Manzil basically comprises of the following verses of the Quran:

Surah Al-Fatihah (chapter 1): verses 1 to 7
Surah Al-Bakarah (chapter 2): verses 1 to 5, 163, 255 to 257, and 284 to 286
Surah Al-Imran (chapter 3): verses 18, 26 and 27
Surah Al-A’araf (chapter 7): verses 54 to 56
Surah Al-Israa (chapter 17): verses 110 and 111
Surah Al-Muminoon (chapter 23): verses 115 to 118
Surah Al-Saaffaat (chapter 37): verses 1 to 11
Surah Al-Rehman (chapter 55): verses 33 to 40
Surah Al-Hashr (chapter 59): verses 21 to 24
Surah Al-Jinn (chapter 72): verses 1 to 4
Surah Al-Kaafiroon (chapter 109): verses 1 to 6
Surah Al-Ikhlas (chapter 112): verses 1 to 4
Surah Al-Falaq (chapter 113): verses 1 to 5
Surah Al-Naas (chapter 114): verses 1 to 6

The value of Just Surah Fatihah is very abundant.

As per the commentary from Tafsir Ibn Kathir...

Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri said,

"Once, we were on a journey when a female servant came and said, `The leader of this area has been poisoned and our people are away. Is there a healer among you?'

Then a man whose healing expertise did not interest us stood for her, he read a Ruqyah for him, and he was healed.

The chief gave him thirty sheep as a gift and some milk. When he came back to us we said to him,

`You know of a (new) Ruqyah, or did you do this before?'
He said, `I only used Umm Al-Kitab as Ruqyah.'

Here Umm Al-Kitab { Mother of the Book i.e., Just Surah Fatihah}

We said, `Do not do anything further until we ask the Messenger of Allah.'
When we went back to Al-Madinah we mentioned what had happened to the Prophet.

The Prophet said,

وَمَا كَانَ يُدْرِيهِ أَنَّهَا رُقْيَةٌ اقْسِمُوا وَاضْرِبُوا لِي بِسَهْمٍ

Who told him that it is a Ruqyah. Divide (the sheep) and reserve a share for me :).

Rahman as per my view, When I was a kid I used to read quran as per my benefits :) .
For Example to win any matches or get Victory in any matters I used to read Surah Al-Fath with very conscious and in good faith as I am reading the God own words.

Some people insist that this is not mentioned in Al-Quran or in any Hadith to read Manzil.

Nowadays, I would rather prefer to read Al-Quran from the start till the end rather than collecting the beneficial verses from the front and the last along with the wazifa.

Allahu Alam Bissawab..

Allah Knows the Best