Article Important Lessons For Every Muslim

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu
Explanation of Important Lessons
(For Every Muslim)
By Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz (Rahimahullah)
Complied by Muhammad bin Ali bin Ibrahim Al-Arfaj.

أعُوذُ باللهِ من الشَّيطانِ الرَّجِيم​
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ​

Introduction

All praise is due to all, Lord of all that exists, the successful ending is for those who have Taqwa, May Allah send peace and blessings upon His servant and Messenger, our Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam), his family and upon all of his Companions.

The following is a short work to explain what every Muslim needs to know about the religion of Islam. I called it “Important Lessons for Every Muslim.” I ask Allah to cause the Muslims to benefit from it, and that He accepts it from me. Indeed, He is Most Generous.

Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz

linierosarose1.gif

Lesson One

Surat Al-Fatihah and Other Short Surahs

أعُوذُ باللهِ من الشَّيطانِ الرَّجِيم​
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ​

The Explanation of Al-Isti’athah

That is to say Audho Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim. (I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Shaitan).

Audho: I seek refuge, protection, and fortification in You, O Allah!

Billahe: The Lord of all things, the true God Who is worshipped Alone and He has no Partner.

Ash-Shaitan: Otherwise known as Iblis or the Devil, may Allah’s curse be upon him.

Ar-Rajim: The one who is stoned, repelled, and banished, banished from all mercy and good; he has no power to harm us, neither in our worldly affairs nor in our religion.

The Meaning of Al-Isti’athah

I seek refuge and fortification from Allah my Lord against Shaitan (Satan) the accursed, that he confuse me while I recite, or that he should make me go astray, to destruction and misery.

When the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) would stand up at night to pray, he would begin his prayer with Takbir then say:

أعُوذُ باللهِ السَّمِيعِ العَليم من الشَّيطانِ الرَّجِيم مِن هَمزِهِ ونَفخِهِ ونَفثِه​

I take refuge with Allah, the All Hearing, the All-Knowing, from the accursed Shaitan – from his pride, his poetry and his madness. (It was recorded by the Sunan Compliers.)

The Ruling of Al-Isti’athah

Whenever one is about to recite the Qur'an - whether it is a chapter or more – it is Sunnah to first say “I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Shaitan.” It is also recommended to say this phrase when one is angry or when one has evils thoughts.

To Be Continued...