Important Message From the Family of Abu Taubah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,

Please give us an update on where he is and what the charge is. For a while we were all in limbo

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:salam2:

Their story broke my heart. I encourage everyone to donate. Paypal makes it really easy, just a few clicks. Remember it is multiplied many times by Allah (SWT).

xAllahKnowsBestx

"‘Abu Taubah’ Robertson, was arrested by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday the 23rd of August 2011 and is currently being held, without bail, at John E. Polk Correctional Facility in Seminole County, Florida on charges of illegal possession of a firearm."

Remember this post Aapa? http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82571&highlight=

I can't seem to find anything new on the topic, except for the video of Abu Taubah's wife speaking about the current situation.

So sad.. it breaks my heart to see so many brothers and sisters held in prisons all over the world for the most ridiculous reasons ever.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asaalaam alaikum,

So he has been in custody for over 15 months? And there is no trial date yet?

I do have to write that there is a technicality. Given what happened prior to his conversion he can not own a gun. The laws in Florida are tough on guns. Prison time is usually given for owning an illegal firearm.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

In the US we still have the Second Amendment..the right to bear arms. In the olden days men kept swords. However, in the US if you have ever been convicted of a felony, unless you have your civil rights reinstated you can not bear arms. There was a search of the brothers home and a gun was discovered. I believe fifteen years prior to this he was arrested for something in New York.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu 'alaykum

Abu Taubah:
".......... They are attempting to twist my statements to fit into a terrorist plot.
Field Office: Tampa Date of Report: 2011-03-04
Report: “Robertson is using the computer to recruit a bunch of soldiers, the real Mujahideen who guard the Quraan.”
My statement:”Go study in Mauritania” field office perception is it means go train at a terrorist camp.
“Memorize Quraan” field office perception is it means -this is initiation for future suicide bombers and assassins.
My counselling a troubled young man who said he was “ready to die” to go make Hajj was spiritual training and to fulfil his worldly rights so he could comfortably give his life in some future un-named terrorist act.
Sadly this is not a joke. They have their Islaamic experts who agree with their conclusions, as well as a number of Muslims who strategically slander me in order to weaken support and “radicalize” me in court. Thats right! Certain statements have been pulled from the chat-blogs wherein some Tom, Dick & Harry is saying I am a Hizbee and they use this in court to show how Modern Muslims view me."

"as well as a number of Muslims who strategically slander me in order to weaken support and “radicalize” me in court." .. astagfirullah :(

It started with an illegal firearm, then tax fraud, and then finally terror suspect (they say he was part of a plot to kill US military personnel overseas). I think it's very obvious that they were just trying to shut him up because he was becoming more and more influential. They found a gun from his jahiliyyah, to which he has pleaded guilty, and of course they blew it out of proportion.

"Imam Abu Taubah, who is convicted felon Marcus Robertson, pleaded guilty to having an illegal gun.
He's being held at the Seminole County Jail until his tax fraud trial, which prosecutors said was part of a plot to kill U.S. military personnel overseas.
Robertson said he’s in emotional and physical distress because of what he calls filthy conditions and unfair treatment. Robertson even said he was attacked by another inmate.
Robertson is suing for $200,000 in damages, said he wants the jail to be closed and demanded a federal investigation.
Robertson said he's fought off sexual offenders and now sleeps wearing shoes.
He said the lights are too bright too long, but complained about feeling like he's "underground in a grave" because of what he calls a lack of sunlight.
Robertson claims religious discrimination because he said he's not allowed to wear his religious cap.
He also said jail guards made discriminating comments."
-(http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/orange-co-imam-accused-alleged-terror-plot-sues-se/nSyg7/)

May Allah protect him and his family.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Sister Alf2, this is Abu Taubah. He wasn't a member here, I think you're talking about Br. TheAuthenticBase?

[video=youtube;hpXzEyB8M4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpXzEyB8M4A[/video]

Aapa

Mirajmom
]ssalamu 'alaykum

Abu Taubah:

"as well as a number of Muslims who strategically slander me in order to weaken support and “radicalize” me in court." .. astagfirullah :(

Sister,

And that is happening everywhere. The 19 year old in NYC is a prime example.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Aapa, is that the Muslim guy who worked as an informant and got paid for spying on Muslims? I'm glad he came out and spoke about it. It's so sad hearing these stories.. something is seriously wrong when Muslims go down to the level of the kuffaar and spy on innocent people.

May Allah expose the hypocrites :(

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Why did the brother have a firearm?

For protection. Everyone in the US has guns. If he had not had a prior felony, he would not have been arrested. Sadly, he does have one and that is why he is in this situation. But I think in court they are making him out to be a terrorist rather than just an ordinary felon with a guy.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Yes, the 19 year old spy made a deal with the NYCPD. He was paid a thousand dollars a month and there was a reduction in the drug charges. The damage was done. He implicated innocent people. He was probably scared and had no notion of the spiritual consequences of his decisions.

I am in favor of the right to bear arms.

This brings us to the next point. There is no forgiveness in the laws here. Let me try to explain. Once a person has done the time, served the sentence, it is not over. The person forfeits the right to vote; food stamps; free or reduced housing and the right to own a gun.

And, that is the other thing. If authorities want to make a case against you the first thing they need is a reason to detain you. They may even arrest you for unpaid tickets. Once you are detained then they make a case against you.

In terms of the brother they needed to bring him. They used the firearm as the legal means to arrest him. Now, they can make the real case and add the firearm on the list of charges against him.

Does he have legal representation?

I have noticed that the AuthenticBase is not posting. They did take his computer. He is one of my favorite sons. He and I always get into it as he is so shy. InshaAllah, he will respond and beg me to stop talking about him.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
For protection. Everyone in the US has guns. If he had not had a prior felony, he would not have been arrested. Sadly, he does have one and that is why he is in this situation. But I think in court they are making him out to be a terrorist rather than just an ordinary felon with a guy.

I see. Poor guy! I hope Allah interferes with the jury selection and picks out reasonable good-hearted jurors.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I wish my country would trade AbuTaubah for anything to have him teach here. *Wishful thinking* Zardari would rather sell his kids.

Btw I saw brother "TheAuthenticBase's" new threads. I think he's posting again. Hope he's out of trouble.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

My issue with the jury system has always been what exactly is a jury of your peers. In the brothers case it can not be a random sample of new registered voters. Amazing isn't it. You register to vote and your name is selected. Have not figured that one out yet.

What constitutes a jury of your peers? How can a defendant expect 12 people who know nothing about his spiritual journey be his peers?

xAllahKnowsBestx

That reminds me..

"If it took that long for people so intelligent, whose job it is to defend me, to de-program themselves, then to throw me in front of a randomly selected jury under the premise that they’re my “impartial peers,” I mean, come on. I wasn't tried before a jury of my peers because with the mentality gripping America today, I have no peers." - Tarek Mehanna.