In a horrible mess

raihana

Assalam Alaikum sis.I say u better leave that house before you children start walking that road .It's ur duty to raise your children in the way of ALLAH sis.May ALLAH give u patience sister.
PS:pray isthikhara sis.Insha ALLAH,ALLAH will show u the easy the path.
My dua's are with u-.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is time for the old and wise one to speak.

We are tested. You passed on the major test. You turned to Allah subhana talla. In turn your patience and perseverance enabled your husband to seek the correct path. Alhumdulila. Your children will reap the benefits of your choices.

Now you are given yet another blessing. You have to hold fast to the rope of Allah subhana talla. Focus on the blessings. Focus on prayer and Love. Believe from the bottom of your heart, your core, your soul that Allah subhana talla will show you the path out of this mess.

We will, InshaAllah, make dua. Let the path be shown to you in His Time and you do as He bids in this time.

My love,
your aapa.

a_stranger

:salam2:sister

I think that the most effective practical solution is that you and your husband try to have more knoweldge in Islam, When you sit together try to listen to some lessons and lecture on youtube something that affect hearts ...how to be closer to Allah sobhanahu wa taala ......try to have a good muslem compoany .......tell your children that all these practices (parties and dirinking ) are wrong ........Be proud of yourself ...MashaAllah you are the one who is trying to please her Lord. Be strong :SMILY346: and patient things change.

The_truth

As'salamu alaikum,

I am a convert to Islam. I am married for 7 years with 2 children. We moved into my mother in laws home in July in order to help her keep bills paid. My mother in law moved another lady in here as well. The problem is the lady has brought in different men at times. They also drink alcohol in the home (party). :girl3: My husband does not drink alcohol.

I am worried for the sake of my children growing up in this environment. I want to rent our own place (we are able to do so financially.) My husband feels torn from staying to help his mother and moving for the sake of his family. I can understand why he is torn but as a wife don't I have a right to a halal home and my own privacy? I feel like I will have to end my marriage for the sake of pleasing Allah and giving my children an Islamic home. I have no one in my community to seek advice from so I hope I can get some advice from my Muslim brothers and sisters.
:tti_sister:

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sister why has your husbands mother brought in another women? It is your right as a wife to be provided adequate living space. It is also quite shocking that your husband has'nt said anything about his mother bringing in another women who brings strange men to the house.

My sister you need to have serious words with your husband that you cannot tolerate living under these conditions especially where strange men come around. You must tell him exactley how you are feeling. If your husbands mother is alone without her partner then it may be very difficult for your husband to leave his mother.

Share exactly how your feeling and if nothing is resolved then i would advise you to get a senior member of the family to mediate this issue and if that is still not possible then you must see a reliable and experienced scholar immediatley before you make a decision because he would tell you what the best thing would be in regards to your particular situation.

A lot of people in here are giving you advice using their emotions alone and that is wrong because they are not in your situation so why should they tell you to leave? You must take the proper steps by getting either an elder of the family or community or experienced and learned scholar involved. If you do not know of any then i can try and locate a scholar in the town or city you live in and pass his details to you.

Ask of Allah and put your FULL reliance, faith and trust in him for he will do whatever is best for you sister.

Continue to pray your Salah, recite the Qur'an, constantly remember Allah and glorify him and continue to make as much dua as possible for Allah hears all of your prayers and whatever is best for you will happen inshallah.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Simply put, yes you do (according to what I've read). As for the right of divorce, then though you may be right, everyone's situation is specific. It is better you consult an Islamic scholar or trustworthy Imam who deals with these affairs. May Allaah aid you in this affair and save your children from such a horrible environment.

Was-salaam

P.S. I accidently pressed edit in your post instead of pressing quote. Please pardon me.