In need of a fatawa

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am in need of a fatawa. The situation is thus: A sister needs to know her legal status in regards to her marriage situation. She married a brother. He left. Her last physical contact with him was six months ago. They have had some communication via the telephone. It has decreased as time passes. She has met a new brother. He is known to her family. There are serious plans for immediate marraige.
The sister is unsure of her position. Is she legally able to marry the brother.

Brothers and sisters, I thank you for providing Islamic knowledge on this sensitive but real issue.

a_stranger

Assalaam walaikum,

I am in need of a fatawa. The situation is thus: A sister needs to know her legal status in regards to her marriage situation. She married a brother. He left. Her last physical contact with him was six months ago. They have had some communication via the telephone. It has decreased as time passes. She has met a new brother. He is known to her family. There are serious plans for immediate marraige.
The sister is unsure of her position. Is she legally able to marry the brother.

Brothers and sisters, I thank you for providing Islamic knowledge on this sensitive but real issue.

:salam2:sister

I think she must try to discusse with her husband do they intend to end their marriage ......if her husband didn`t respond or care .....then she can think of divorce ......May Allah sobhanahu wa taal help her and grant her a new happy life.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Alhumdullila, this has been of immense help. I do believe I will be attending a wedding feast. And that is a good thing.

Made Sarah

Servant of Allah
Staff member
Assalamu 3alaykum wa ra7matu Allahi wa barakatuhu.

Sis Aapa, please tell the sister to try to contact her husband (and settle things with him) and then she should ask a Shaykh or an imam about this situation. Sister, do not let her take this aspect lightly, it is a serious matter and her marital status should be clear before thinking of another marriage... As you have said it yourself, it is a very sensitive and delicate issue, that is why she should rely on the advice offered by a knowledgeable person who can issue a fatwa regarding this particular case.

Wa 3alaykum assalam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The husband has not made contact. Insha'Allah, I will give her the information provided here. And once again, May Allah reward each and everyone of you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do not believe she is able to contact him. He is gone. He makes contact once in a blue moon. She does not know his whereabouts.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Wa`alaykum us-salaam

She really needs to ask a trustworthy Shaykh and be honest with herself about it... Everyone's affair is different/specific, I don't think general rulings will totally apply here...

Was-salaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I posted this such that she would understand what she needs to do. She has an imam with great knowledge. Insha'Allah, Allah will ease her path.
May Allah subhana talla reward each and everyone of you.