in need of bit of advice

s 091

:salam2:. i was wondering if somebody would be able to help me, its just that I have a friend who is deeply considering converting to islam, but the only problem that she has is that i said reading the Quran was the thing that really gave myself the push to convert and she wants to get a copy of the Quran but with the english translation in also. I have a copy but as I am still reading mine she only gets to do small amount of reading when she visits my home and then it is difficult as we both have children to look after at the same time. there are no shops in our area that sell the Quran and i got my copy on a visit to the closest town which sells them and this is an hour and half away from where we live and she does not have the transportation to get there, I was once told by somebody on here that you can get free copies off the internet and as she doesnt have access to the internet i said that i would look for her, but as of yet i cannot find a site. I found one site but the only post in the USA and we live in the UK, I would be very greatful if somebody could advise me on a site to visit. She has recently been to our local library bu they do not stock the Quran only audio tapes but she feels that she would take it in more if she read it. thankyou for taking the time to read this message and if you could help thankyu again.

salahdin

Asalama aleikum warahmatullahi wa barakatu . the only sites that i know are sites where you can listen in arabic and at the same time listen to the translation in english ( http://www.quranexplorer.com) but i can post the noble QURAN to you if its ok with you and if so you can send the adress to me INSHALLAH.

ummsami89

free quran

Salam aliakum sister. Do you know of Sheikh Yusuf Estes? In his website, he offers free qurans to new muslims. I assume he offers to the UK as well, inshallah. try that.
Sister Jamie

s 091

thankyou all for your response. i have managed to find a site I think its the same one that ummsami89 was talking about i have now ordered and inshallah will arrive. my friend will be over the moon thankyou...

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:. i was wondering if somebody would be able to help me, its just that I have a friend who is deeply considering converting to islam, but the only problem that she has is that i said reading the Quran was the thing that really gave myself the push to convert and she wants to get a copy of the Quran but with the english translation in also. I have a copy but as I am still reading mine she only gets to do small amount of reading when she visits my home and then it is difficult as we both have children to look after at the same time. there are no shops in our area that sell the Quran and i got my copy on a visit to the closest town which sells them and this is an hour and half away from where we live and she does not have the transportation to get there, I was once told by somebody on here that you can get free copies off the internet and as she doesnt have access to the internet i said that i would look for her, but as of yet i cannot find a site. I found one site but the only post in the USA and we live in the UK, I would be very greatful if somebody could advise me on a site to visit. She has recently been to our local library bu they do not stock the Quran only audio tapes but she feels that she would take it in more if she read it. thankyou for taking the time to read this message and if you could help thankyu again.
:salam2:

i believe on the homepage of islamicity.com has a section where one can receive a free quran
:wasalam:

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

dear sister;

you can always download a copy from the internet and print it for her, so she can have it on her wherever she goes.

Or you can make a copy of the one you have, It'll cost money, But Allah will reward you for it as Sadaqa..:)

hope this works for you..

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Saalam,
Do you not have a Masjid near your place sister? I would assume there would be a good amount of Masjids in the UK (since there is large population of Muslim minority in certain areas).
The Masjids have english/arabic translation of the Quran, and if you request it for a non-Muslim they will give it free of charge.
Those Qurans are given to them by Saudi ministry of Dawah as gifts, and hence they cannot sell it to non-Muslims. So if you ask it for your friend, the Masjid should offer you a copy, and the translation of those particular Quran are most up to date and the finest I've read so far.

This is the case in USA, but I would assume Masjids in Uk would have the same thing since it's an English speaking country.

s 091

Saalam,
Do you not have a Masjid near your place sister? I would assume there would be a good amount of Masjids in the UK (since there is large population of Muslim minority in certain areas).
The Masjids have english/arabic translation of the Quran, and if you request it for a non-Muslim they will give it free of charge.
Those Qurans are given to them by Saudi ministry of Dawah as gifts, and hence they cannot sell it to non-Muslims. So if you ask it for your friend, the Masjid should offer you a copy, and the translation of those particular Quran are most up to date and the finest I've read so far.

This is the case in USA, but I would assume Masjids in Uk would have the same thing since it's an English speaking country.

thankyou, i had considered doing this as there are quite afew mosques around where I live but over here it is more of a cultural thing and women dont go into the mosque, I have asked my husband many times if i could go in and get some information leaflets off them but he just tries to ignore the question and then says he will take me to the shop out of town and I can buy what i need from there so it isnt really a possibility here. the women just dont go in mosques just the men do. well thats all i know it as anyways because i have spoken to my sister in law about it aswel and she said no just do your prayer at home coz we need to look after the children whilst our husbands go to mosque. thankyou for your advice though

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
thankyou, i had considered doing this as there are quite afew mosques around where I live but over here it is more of a cultural thing and women dont go into the mosque, I have asked my husband many times if i could go in and get some information leaflets off them but he just tries to ignore the question and then says he will take me to the shop out of town and I can buy what i need from there so it isnt really a possibility here. the women just dont go in mosques just the men do. well thats all i know it as anyways because i have spoken to my sister in law about it aswel and she said no just do your prayer at home coz we need to look after the children whilst our husbands go to mosque. thankyou for your advice though

:salam2:
There is really nothing in Islam that prevents women from going to the Masjid. (women are encouraged to pray at home)
If you want to go to the Masjid your husband cannot deny, because of the hadeeth of Muhammed SWA.

Narrated Salim from his father, ‘Abd Allah bin ‘Umar, that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:
"When women ask permission for going to the mosque, do not prevent them." (Saheeh Muslim)

If you do not feel comfortable going to the Masjid, then push your husband to go, I don't see why he would refuse especially since it's for Dawah.