Inauguration Day for Obama

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
oh great here we go again another protest, idea is great but the results will get us no where...muslims just wont learn...anyway protest away..and lets see where that gets us..

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i have several things to say about this suggestion.

as a person of african decent, obama's inauguration means very much to me and my people. this is a day that we never thought that we would ever see. it's a day where i feel that the american black man and woman would receive some kind of real respect. we are the most hated and disrespected and ignored people in the world. people come from other countries and treat us like second class citizens. and even though i am a muslim, i think it would be a bad thing to do on a historic day important to so many people and many black muslims would be offended if the non black muslim community would do this.

i mean, people always think that we're drug dealers, thieves, deadbeat dads, dirty, unfit for daughters, cursed, always followed when we go shopping, and people always lock their car doors when they see us in a parking lot. people have no idea what we go through on a daily basis so on this day we have a black person that will show the world that we all aren't that way and that we too can be successful. so i feel a little hurt that there are people here on TTI calling to protest on this day. i can't believe that my fellow muslim brothers and sisters here have failed to see the sensitivity that many would have.

we have had plenty of inauguration days that we could've protested over what's currently happening in gaza, why this one? it's not like the zionists just started their brutality a few weeks ago.
:wasalam:

pcozzy

Not to get your hopes down. Bush issued a state of emergency for the District of Columbia.

What that means? Well you won't be able to pass gas without security knowing.

I am with anything that will assist the cease of the carnage of Gaza. But something practical and effective would suffice.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i guess, my post was ignored.

i'll repeat what i wrote, again.

as a person of african decent, obama's inauguration means very much to me and my people. this is a day that we never thought that we would ever see. it's a day where i feel that the american black man and woman would receive some kind of real respect. we are the most hated and disrespected and ignored people in the world. people come from other countries and treat us like second class citizens. and even though i am a muslim, i think it would be a bad thing to do on a historic day important to so many people and many black muslims would be offended if the non black muslim community would do this.

i mean, people always think that we're drug dealers, thieves, deadbeat dads, dirty, unfit for daughters, cursed, always followed when we go shopping, and people always lock their car doors when they see us in a parking lot. people have no idea what we go through on a daily basis so on this day we have a black person that will show the world that we all aren't that way and that we too can be successful. so i feel a little hurt that there are people here on TTI calling to protest on this day. i can't believe that my fellow muslim brothers and sisters here have failed to see the sensitivity that many would have.

we have had plenty of inauguration days that we could've protested over what's currently happening in gaza, why this one? it's not like the zionists just started their brutality a few weeks ago.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
wa alaikum salaam

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes,......i was sooooo thinking of doing the same thing. please forward me the address or street or park name I will be there insh'allah. I plan to make my posters over the weekend. but insh'allah. I am there. I love this idea.

pcozzy

wa alaikum salaam

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes,......i was sooooo thinking of doing the same thing. please forward me the address or street or park name I will be there insh'allah. I plan to make my posters over the weekend. but insh'allah. I am there. I love this idea.

I am sorry to tell you but you will not be able to unless there is permission to do so. The city will be locked down. You should know what that means. If this is possible I would like to know.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous

i guess, my post was ignored.

i'll repeat what i wrote, again.

wa alaikum salaam

it is never my intentions to start fitnah with another muslim...but I am African American/black myself so please don't try to speak for all black ppl because I know a lot of African American/Black muslims who are not happy about Obama but just happy that he is black. I would rather see Jesse Jackson there to be honest because he believes in two-state solution and will also go into poverty stricken neighborhoods and work with the poor. Obama....i don't think so.

Also, Obama has already shown that he is not going to make this first priority...so we as muslims need to remind him who he dealing with....Allah's loyal servant unlike himself for he already apostate.

third of all....what other inaugragtion is going to have over 1 million ppl in attendance..............yeah I thought so.

So All the Muslims. Unite Unite Unite on January 20,2009

Unite Unite. One Ummah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

OK folks settle down.

As I have read across Muslim forums etc. Most scholars agree that protest is the least we can do. This is not time for us to sit and say duh!!!

The whole Obama thing: He ain't a Muslim. As I told a dear friend who is Black..you have to decide are you Muslim first or are you an African American Muslim. He is not on the side of the Muslims!! So who cares if he is the first black president. It does not mean anything to the Muslims. He is Jewish first and then black. Read and research.

I must say you can not celebrate a man because of the color of his skin.

And no Afro-Americans are not the most hated and ignored people in the world. Get over it. The most despised people are the Israeli's and the most ignored are the Palestinians.

We have to get over our sense our nationalism...we are Muslims first. It really does not matter what Obama and his zionist cronies are doing on Inaguration Day...becasue we know they will still be aiding and abetting in killing Muslim babies.

LoveIslam123

salam aleikum
Its good idea...
One thing I just want to mention.In many protests I see people burning flags and acting violent sometimes.

Im not saying everyone,but this is just a reminder for all of us to make it peacefull .inshaAllah...
Im sorry if I said something wrong...

waaleikum salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother HumbleWun, I just completed the paperwork for a protest in my little town. I will get the final ok tomorrow. Insha'Allah I will have five to ten sisters show up..if not there will be a protest of three.

pcozzy

Salaam,

Brother HumbleWun, I just completed the paperwork for a protest in my little town. I will get the final ok tomorrow. Insha'Allah I will have five to ten sisters show up..if not there will be a protest of three.

seems nobody cares to listen: Bush issued a state of emergency for District of Columbia. That means there will be a lot of money to fund security and the city will be on lockdown.

Just be carefull and ask for permission so nobody gets hurt.

:jazaak:

dianne

May Allah make your efforts unsuccessful.Ameen

U should out of this,
this is our efforts to so somethings for Gaza,20th is the right date to be.i know im too far to do so but im agree with all this matter,if it still doesnt change at least we do something for Gaza.
How could you see more bloods in Palestine,how many our family in Palestine will get suffer?How long can we wait?
This is not so good :astag:

palestine

Servant of Allah
i would love to do this inshaAllah. since i'm in the committe in my masjid, i will inform the imams inshaAllah! oh and by the way, it'll be the a great day inshaAllah cause it will be my birthday as well. :) Asalamu alaykum wrwb.

palestine

Servant of Allah
May Allah make your efforts unsuccessful.Ameen

akhi, did u mistakenly right "unsuccesful"? or did intentionally right it? if it was intentional then please go back on it and ask Allah for forgiveness. and if it was a typo or a mistaken then May Allah correct your mistakes and our mistakes. asalamu alaykum wrwb

palestine

Servant of Allah
How dare you wish or pray bad on your muslim brothers and sisters......

i'm assuming he did by typo or mistakenly. if he did not then Allah swt is aware of his mistakes and it would really be disappointing if it is intentional. Asalamu alaykum wrwb

warda A

Sister

People are starting to get emotional, it is a peaceful protest and hopefully there wont be any fracas.

It is a way of showing solidarity.