Inside Tahrir Square

Maha*

Asalamu alaikum,

I just got back a while ago from Tahrir Square again. While I've been hesitant before to write about my experiences, today I have come back overfilled with emotions that I just can't not share it. I pray Allah accepts it from me and I remind myself that this is solely for Him.

It was beyond words can describe. Getting there took us some good 20 minutes walk because all the entrances except that one were closed. Every 10 meters or so you are stopped for a security check, and my sisters always say, "We apologize." Such good people. In the square, there was these big speakers and everyone in the square could hear, it felt ever so united. It was so different from Tuesday because on that day, there were different groups composed of hundreds of people together each saying their different chant against Mubarak. There was one group that had speakers but it wasn't large enough for everyone to hear. Only a few thousand people who are nearest to the speaker. But today, everyone was chanting in the same breath, praying at the same time, and making dua together. It made me reminisce on Hajj.

A short while after we arrived, the men were running in the opposite direction like something had happened and the person with the mic said that they need 30 guys to go to the Talat Harb entrance because the thugs are trying to get in. At that moment, my heart skipped a beat but I also felt very safe at the same time. He then added that our numbers are much more than them and that we are those who are right and all those inspirational words that we won't leave until he leaves and that no one should be afraid of anything.

I cannot even begin to explain how crowded it was, we were MUCH more than Tuesday! I am guessing like 3 million or more. I couldn't move!

It was time to pray, and as all the millions were praying hand in hand I could hear the thugs' voices and chanting really near and I thought it was really low of them to try to do anything while we are praying. Really low! But many guys passed in front of me (the square couldn't accommodate everyone praying at the same time, so we were split into rounds), going in that direction I guess, and I know they had the situation under control right from the start because there were many people already at the entrance. How wonderful my fellow Egyptians are. Everything was organized. There was only one entrance you could enter from, all the others were closed so that the thugs won't be able to shoot from the top of the bridge as they had done before.

Shortly afterward, there was this huge cloth that they had put up on one of the buildings and they were airing AlJazeera news channel on it as kind of a projector. Everyone sat down on the floor to watch. I got up to take a better picture of how many we were since everyone was sitting, and I was amazed! We are SO many! And I had already gone there quite late, at Maghrib, so I can't believe what it must have been in the morning.

After a while, I needed to get water, so I exited the square and headed to the nearby streets. While I was passing, I saw that people had made first aid corners in the streets and were helping injured people (I think the government is not allowing ambulances to enter). I thought those must be the brave men that fought off the thugs. But there were many injured people, and I couldn't help feel more hatred for the government. I got water, and I remembered the people who were distributing free water and gave me one last Tuesday, so I got an extra one to try and pay it forward. I walked for a few meters and sure enough, someone asks me if he could drink so I gave it to him. It was really cool how it was okay to ask a stranger for food or water, I loved how warm that was. And how everyone was giving. The guy sitting next to me was eating this Egyptian dish, and he had finished eating but there were some leftovers, so he was offering it to people. Another guy I sat next to, gave my dad I from the candy he had. And I saw a girl passing biscuits.

While I was leaving to go home because my dad got tired, I couldn't help but wish that I'd be in Tahrir with everyone the time they announce he'll leave, so as much as I hope for it actually happening, as much I want to be there when it does. Inshaa Allah! I'm so proud to be Egyptian!

Nayyararsi

Kashmiri Brother
MashaALLAH sister i am really proud of my Egyptian brothers and sisters that they have finally realized the power of standing shoulder to shoulder and are living freely from atleast last 10 days.But i dont understand who are these Thugs and how many in number they are.Seems like they are only a few.InshaALLAH the countdown has started for the Mubarak and he will have to pay for what he did in these days.I hope that the protests will continue until the autocratic rule is replaced by the divine rule of Islam....

Sister Kalena

FREE EGYPT!

May Allah (swt) bless you and see you through your struggle...

Power to the people!

P.S. Sister, keep your head down and be safe...you're in my prayers, as are all the Egyptians who are fighting the good fight for freedom.

Maha*

MashaALLAH sister i am really proud of my Egyptian brothers and sisters that they have finally realized the power of standing shoulder to shoulder and are living freely from atleast last 10 days.But i dont understand who are these Thugs and how many in number they are.Seems like they are only a few.InshaALLAH the countdown has started for the Mubarak and he will have to pay for what he did in these days.I hope that the protests will continue until the autocratic rule is replaced by the divine rule of Islam....

The thugs are either:

1. Hired by Mubarak himself whether it's the secret police, the prisoners that they let loose, or addicts which they promise to give whatever they are addicted to in return of scaring the citizens so they would stop protesting.
2. Someone from the corrupt ministers who is no longer in post and who is trying to take revenge from Mubarak or who is trying to keep Mubarak as president because that would be in his interest since if Mubarak leaves, that person's work would be shown to the world and he would probably go to trial for all the bad things he did.

And Allah knows best. One thing's known for sure. They want the protests to stop. Any possible way. Kill, injure people, they don't care. And these people are not us. They are not doing it by their own will. I'll let you know one thing for sure, there is not one sane Egyptian who would say "I love Mubarak" and support the president with these pictures we have seen on TV that is so hurtful to the eyes. We know that's never true. And the camels and horses?! Where did that come from? Everyone has so many cars here everyone is fighting over a parking space. Camels and horses! Honestly!

Oh and one other thing we discovered recently, the national channels have been airing these people who call on shows and are crying asking the president to stay. Turns out the numbers they put on the screen are not even real, again they are hiring people to cry, write poems to Mubarak, and say how good he is! We have seen this before. When the president said he won't run for another term, he got his people to say we want you to stay and the same things he is doing right now, so he said, "Since you want me to stay, I have no choice but to do so". And that's how he's been in post for 30 years. Lying, lying and more lying.

As for how many they are, alhamdulela so far we are in larger numbers than them because we are in the millions.

Assalamu`alaykum

Maha was the Magrib prayer led by Sheikh Mohammed Hassan.

I am very unsure to be honest. The video you posted was in the morning, not Maghrib. From the videos I took of the person who made dua, the voice is not same as the one in your video. So my guess will be no.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barkatuhu

I pray to Allah, that Muslim can establish Shariah law in Egypt one day,and to fight for thier freedom and better living conditions. Ameen summa ameen

May Allah protect our Ummah.

:wasalam:

bari

Tahrir square represents tahrir from islam. Who named it? I do not no but feels that way.I

Nayyararsi

Kashmiri Brother
Whoever said the protests are finished? Absolutely not, not until he leaves! Inshaa Allah.

I was shocked at the post of sister Asja...How can it stop so suddenly...Thanks for clarifying.....The protest should not stop until the Mubarak leaves and until Islamic law is not implemented....This revolution is nourished by people's memory of years of repression in which many have been killed,hundreds tortured, injured, and humiliated.This kind of rage, once it finds utterance, cannot easily be tamed, rebottled and sent back to where it came from....Otherwise it will take another 30 years for such a revolution.....

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister once again may Allah protect you and our brothers and sisters in Egypt.
No, this is a struggle and it will not be finished overnight. We are behind you.

Your posts give us insight. As I search and read I am seeing more and more articles on what will happen. The politics of international relationships is becoming dominant. And yes, there is a lot of speculation on how this is going to hurt Israel. I keep reading on the protests in Palestine.

There are protests to be held in major cities in the US today. You have the support of everyone.

Please be careful ..AND KEEP POSTING...you give us the truth.

shammyshahoo

assalamualaikum sister... we r praying fr our brs and sisters in egypt. feeling proud of u.....we watch al jazeera channel. they r doing a great job....this is a lesson or reminder to all dictators.....Allah gives thm sometime...whn the proposed 'time' comes....he wl b chucked out....this is allah's 'sunnah'. history tells us. we r wth u...the people wth good heart...all the muslim brs and sisters in the 'world. proceed bravely...certainly Allah wl help u to win....

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Oh and one other thing we discovered recently, the national channels have been airing these people who call on shows and are crying asking the president to stay. Turns out the numbers they put on the screen are not even real, again they are hiring people to cry, write poems to Mubarak, and say how good he is! We have seen this before. When the president said he won't run for another term, he got his people to say we want you to stay and the same things he is doing right now, so he said, "Since you want me to stay, I have no choice but to do so". And that's how he's been in post for 30 years. Lying, lying and more lying.

Thank you for keeping us updated, sister Maha - your posts have been giving us so much insight, and these days, when you feel you can't trust any media source at all, its great that we can get an inside view through our Egyptian brothers and sisters on TTI.

The above quote really reinforces the idea how the media has been bought by people who do not want justice in this world. It's sad that a thing that is so influential is not at all honest.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Whoever said the protests are finished? Absolutely not, not until he leaves! Inshaa Allah.

I was shocked at the post of sister Asja...How can it stop so suddenly...Thanks for clarifying.....The protest should not stop until the Mubarak leaves and until Islamic law is not implemented....This revolution is nourished by people's memory of years of repression in which many have been killed,hundreds tortured, injured, and humiliated.This kind of rage, once it finds utterance, cannot easily be tamed, rebottled and sent back to where it came from....Otherwise it will take another 30 years for such a revolution.....

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Dear sister and brother I apologise for making a mistake. I have recived disinformation.

May Allah help our Muslim brothers and sisters in Egypt and give them freedom. Ameen

:wasalam:

fatma_said

:salam2: Sister Maha

How are you and your family? May allah grant u and the people of egypt what u desire

i have been watching the English aljazeera news on tv from the start when the Tunisian prime minister was booted from the country and i can say that im soo amazed at how the Egyptian people have changed. My parents were so shocked when they heard that the Egyptian people were protesting. i mean no offense but the Egyptian people are never known to protest!

anyhow i can recount a few days before when the thugs were shooting at people from the rooftops and throwing molotov cocktails at the people and i swear i stayed up all night watching aljazeera cause i couldnt sleep and kept praying for the people inside

i also kept praying so that inshallah after this age of dictatorship that an islamic leadership would emerge but i have been put off by the nationalism that people are calling for. It reminds me of the time when peope were rallying under arab nationalism as a solution to the humiliation inflicted by the israeli 6 day war. That clearly didn't bear any fruit

Nationalism nor democracy will ever bring peace and unity to the believers it is only Islam that will ever be able to solve our problems and end our humiliation. The sooner we relise that the closer we get to getting our khalifate back