Interested in Islam

thalassa123

Hello everyone.
I am 32 year old male and I have been a Christian since I was born. I have never really practiced and I was just saying that I am a Christian and that was it. I have been to the church occasionally but I have found out that what happens there is that people are there in order to gossip and just to show themselves. I could not feel that I was in a holy place.
Moreover I have always been confused with the issue of the Trinity as I beleive that there is one God, but I can not understand how God has children and how God can be actually 3 Gods. I tried to read the Bible but I got confused as I found out that many different versions exist with differences between each other.
I have recently started studying regarding Islam. I was reading regarding the great scientific discoveries and that they are mentioned in the Quran and I was impressed. I have downloaded the Quran in order to read more but to be honest I find it very difficult to understand.
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I would also like to know if there are any Islam teachings for Christians in the uK.
Thanks

Raihan

Welcome to TTI. You are in the right place to learn about Islam. Please study the Qur'an and the biography of Prophet Muhammad with understanding. You may also want to talk to some scholars of Islam, if you have any question.

"Moreover I have always been confused with the issue of the Trinity as I beleive that there is one God, but I can not understand how God has children and how God can be actually 3 Gods."

I think you are a Muslim by heart!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi Welcome to the website! We are here to help, inshaAllah, (As Allah wills).

Here are some nice videos you can watch:

[yto]7pfaRqkFFsY[/yto]

First of all, you can download the Quran from this Link:
http://d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih_books/signal/en_Translation_of_the_Meanings_Quran.pdf

I recommend you obtain a copy, The Noble Quran, It is the best explanatory translation of the Qur'aan by Muhammad Muhsin Khan and Taqi-ud-Deen Hilaali. You can get a free copy of the Quran and many other authentic Islamic books, by going to the Central London Mosque (Regents Park). It is the main and most famous Mosque in London.

We are a community made of people from all over the world, speaking many different languages, but with one common belief. Our love of Allah and His Prophet Muhammad :saw:.
[ And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. Verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge.] Soorat Ar Ruum {30:22}

Islam is the perfect way of life that Allah has given to all of mankind. It is a continuation of the message that every Prophet ever sent to earth by Allah had called to. The message of Tawheed. To worship Allah alone, without associating any partners with Him.
We have not sent before you from the Messengers, except We inspired to him that He is the only One worthy of worship, so worship Him. [21:25]

Allah has created the universe and everything in it, in order to worship Him alone. He sent the noble and beloved Prophet Muhammad :saw: to instruct people in this perfect message. The miracle of the Quran, the most Noble and perfect book, that Allah revealed to the Prophet Muhammad :saw: via the Angel Jibra'eel (Gabriel) instructs us in most of its Chapters and Ayahs to worship Allah alone. The true belief in, and worship of Allah (Tawheed) is the main Message of the Quran.

Read the following link to know more about our Lord Allah:
LINK: click here to know Who Is Allah? (it is also in the signature at the end of my messages)

[img=right]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/Allah.gif[/img]
He is Allaah

The First: Nothing is before Him.
The Last: Nothing is After Him.
The Most High: Nothing is Above Him.
The Most Near: Nothing is beyond His Reach.
He Begets Not, Nor was He Begotten.
The Creator, Provider, and All-Rich.
The All-Seer, The All-Knower.
He is One and Self-Sufficient.
He is not Nature, or any part of it.
He ascended above His Throne, High above the Seven Skies.
No Vision can encompass Him, but
His Grasp is over all vision...

You are totally correct about the incorrect belief of asking help from Jesus and from others besides Allah. Neither can we pray to Jesus nor can we ask Jesus to be an intermediary with God. Unfortunately, many Christian people pray and ask help from Jesus, Mary and various Saints. They have introduced many concepts from pagan beliefs.

If we are to learn about Islam, we must do from Muslims. From those who will teach you according to the Original teachings of Islam. Everything in our beautiful and perfect Islam is based upon the Quran and the Sunnah teachings. Muslims are free to ask questions and to find out what the origin of any of our actions and beliefs are. We find those answers by seeing the evidence manifested in the Quran and the Sunnah with the understanding of the early Muslims. In particular the first three generation of Muslims, as in accordance with the commands of the blessed Prophet Muhammad :saw:. (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him).

We should ignore what the media says, what those who do not believe in Islam say. Our source of Islamic knowledge must be from the right people. Therefore I ask that you stay here with us, in our website which is dedicated to helping people to learn Islam in a clear manner.

With Allah's help we will help you with any issues and questions you may have. All we ask is that people be sincere to find the truth, may Allah help us all and guide us to His straight path. To give us all a blessed life by being able to worship him alone and to follow his commands as his blessed Slaves.

A great scholar of Islam from the past, Imam Hafiz Al Haakim (May Allah be pleased with him), said in his book of Islamic creed, I'lam As-Sunnah al Manshura li i'tiqad al ta'ifah al mansurah, that every single creation of Allah is an 'Abd (Slave). Everything is under Allah's submission. We are all under Allah's control and submission.

Allah, the Most high, tells us in the Quran:

He ['Iesa (Jesus)] was not more than a slave. We granted Our Favour to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel (i.e. his creation without a father).
Surah: Az-Zukhruf (43) Aayat: 59

(The Messiah will never be proud to reject to be a slave to Allah, nor the angels who are near (to Allah). And whosoever rejects His worship and is proud, then He will gather them all together unto Himself.) Surah: Al-Nisa (4) Aayat: 172
There is no man or woman who is not a slave under Allah! Whether he be the richest man or woman, we are all weak and imperfect. Look at how even those who call themselves the most powerful of people can not escape from people humiliating them or making other mistakes.
(Allah puts forward the example (of two men a believer and a disbeliever); a slave (disbeliever) under the possession of another, he has no power of any sort, and (the other), a man (believer) on whom We have bestowed a good provision from Us, and He spends thereof secretly and openly. Can they be equal? (By no means, not). All the praises and thanks be to Allah. Nay! (But) most of them know not.) Surah: An-Nahl (16) Aayat: 75

Islam is our chance to be true slaves of Allah, by understanding the purpose of our creation. A Muslim is someone who submits themselves to Allah alone.

The first step to understand Islam properly, is to know about Tawheed, which is our belief in Allah. His unity in Lordship, Worship, His Names and Attributes.

The Prophet Muhammad :saw: instructed all his companions and all people, young and old to worship Allah alone! He advised them with patience and with love. For example, his cousin, Abdullah ibn Abbas (Abdullah the Son of Abbas - his Uncle) said:

"When you ask, then ask Allaah, and when you seek help, then seek help from Allaah." [Hasan Saheeh, Tirmidhi]

It is reported on the authority of Abdullah Ibn `Abbas (Allah be Pleased with Him) that Allah's Messenger :saw: said when he sent Mu`aaz (Allah be pleased with him) to Yemen: "You are going to a people who are from the People of the Book: So the first thing to which you call them should be the testimony [ LA ILAHA ILALLAH ]that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah ." -And in another narration: "that they testify to the Oneness of Allah ." - "And if they obey you in that, then inform them that Allah has made compulsory upon them five prayers every day and night. And if they obey you in that, then inform them that Allah has made incumbent upon them a charity (Zakah) which is to be taken from the rich among them and given to their poor. And if they obey you in that then be careful not to take the best of their wealth (as Zakah), and be careful of the supplication of those who have suffered injustice, for there is no obstacle between it and Allah . (Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)

The Prophet Muhammad :saw: sent Muaadth Ibn Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) as his representative to Yemen, and he advised him of what was required of him there, beginning with the call to worship to Allah , Alone, without partners, and that if they accepted that then he must inform them of the greatest obligations upon them after Tawheed, which are: the obligatory Prayer and Zakah (giving Charity to the Poor); and that if they obeyed this, then it is incumbent upon him to maintain justice with them, and not to wrong them or cause suffering to them by taking the best of their property as Zakah, for that would constitute an injustice to them and might provoke them and cause them to invoke Allah upon him - and the invocation of the oppressed and the wronged is never rejected by Allah .

So, take things one step at a time, starting with knowing the First pillar of Islam, which is the Shahada. To bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, and to testify that Muhammad :saw: is the last and final Messenger of Allah.

See this video about the Shahada, the testimony of faith: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73

The following section has got many articles about Tawheed:

Articles about Fundamental Beliefs in Islam, Tawheed and Aqeedah

You will find articles about the Prophet Muhammad :saw: at the link below:

Articles about the Prophet Muhammad :saw:

Here are some nice videos for you to get a good understanding of the basics of Islam. Some of the videos are good reminders for us all. Especially the third link (One of Best Speeches, Shaykh Abdul Aziz Aal Shaykh Haj 2008 in Arafah), it is very beautiful. It was made recently during the Haj pilgrimage that is obligatory on all Muslims who are able to go, at a time when there were over three million Muslims gathered to worship Allah.

Learn About Islam Full Video Covering Many Topics

Feature Length film on True Islam

One of Best Speeches, Shaykh Abdul Aziz Aal Shaykh Haj 2008 in Arafah

The Mosque - Full Muslim Sermon and Prayers TRANSLATED Also Eid Celebrations

Scheikh Saleh al Saleh : Who we Worship?

a_stranger

You are most welcome:

If you read Quran you find that our creator direct human mind to ponder in the creation and feel the greatness of the creator:

2:164 Verily, in the creation of the heavens and of the earth, and the succession of night and day: and in the ships that speed through the sea with what is useful to man: and in the waters which God sends down from the sky, giving life thereby to the earth after it had, been lifeless, and causing all manner of living creatures to multiply thereon: and in the change of the winds, and the clouds that run their appointed courses between sky and earth: [in all this] there are messages indeed for people who use their reason.
Quran

3:190 Verily, in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the succession of night and day, there are indeed messages for all who are endowed with insight,
Quran

12:105 But [then] -how many a sign is there in the heavens and on earth which they pass by [unthinkingly], and on which they turn their backs!
Quran

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
How are you doing brother ... I hope you are fine .. one of my friend is also in similar situation and she was reading quran but had hard time understanding so i found this website for her
http://www.tafheem.net/main.html

Its great cuz it gives u translation of each line and then gives u detail explanation of the translation, so if your confuse wat is Allah (God) talking here you can read the explanation for better understanding
Hope it helped
aslam o alikum

Nurain

Dear brother

You have indeed come to the right place.

I was born a muslim however, that didn't stop me from going to churches with a friend. My eeman (faith) was not strong although my parents have sent me to all sorts of religious classes when I was younger.

Alhamdilillah (praise be to Allah) I have once again gotten onto the right path. Brother, you have made an extremely wise decision in wanting to embrace Islam. Indeed Islam is true. There is no need for a mediator to reach God, Allah. Our prayers are personal and a direct contact to him. There is no need for someone else whom we deem a "higher status" to help pass on the message. To Allah, everyone is the same - be it someone the public consider "holy", "rich", etc.

Trust me on this brother that when you seek Allah will guide. I have experienced this Alhamdulillah. I pray you would find all the answers you seek, the process may be slow but you are on your way to it.

Your sister from Singapore

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Thanks everyone. I am impressed from the quick replies.
I have already started reading :)

:salam2:
Congratulation on your step to guidance, Please know dont let anyone force into Islam, Islam is never forced and it cant be forced your a muslim when you submit your will to Allah (GOD)
so when you feel you have enough knowledge and you know in ur heart Islam is the right way to go Alhumdulilah contact us Any of us brother or sister will be more than happy to assist you in your next step
inshallah
:wasalam:

Joanna-Aisha

Allahu Akbar! May Allah(swubhana wa ta'ala) bless you with all good things, protect you from evil, give you strength, open your heart, mid and soul for Islam and guide you the right path. May He bless you with good health and accept your good deeds. Ameen.

Have great time increasing your knowledge inshaAllah :)

Kakorot

Peace be upon you. I'm so happy to hear that you are interested in Islam and that you want to learn more about Islam. I live in the UK as well, i would firstly like to know that do you have sky digital, because if you do, u can watch 'Islam Channel (813) and 'Peace TV' (820).
You know Islam is a great religion. You said that you downloaded the Qur'aan but finding hard to understand, thats ok, even Muslims may find it hard to understand, thats why theres something called 'Tafseer' (explanation of the Qur'aan) i recommend that you get a copy.
Did u know that my dad used to be a christian and he reverted to Islam. He's a practicing Muslim now. Islam is really beautiful. You said u live in the UK, i recommend that you find some Muslim brothers that follow the Qur'aan and the Prophets way (sunnah) and ask them to help u learn about Islam - thats what my dad did.
Anyway, did u know that in Islam we believe in Jesus, no Muslim will be a Muslim if he/she does not believe in Jesus (peace be upon him). We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, his mother was Maryam (Mary). We believe that the first miracle that Jesus did is that he spoke when he was a baby. Furhermore, we believe that Jesus did not get crucified and that Allaah saved him and raised him up to the heavens and he is going to come back at the end of time, kill the antichrist and do justice in the world.
Because you live in the UK, i have Muslim scholars numbers, if you want i can give them to you, just let me know, then you can ask them questions about Islam and inshallah (God willing) they will answer you.
I'm sure you know that we Muslims believe in One God. His name is Allaah - that is the name he gives Himself. He has no partners or associates and at the end on the day of judgement we are going to return to him and be accounatble for our deeds.
i'll also give you some good websites: www.hearislam.com
www.shareislam.com
i hope the above help you. keep reading the Qur'aan the english translation that i advise you to read is Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall.
Oh yeh, did u also know that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is mentioned in the bible.
P.S i tried to PM you but its full.

Umm Ismael

Allahu Akbar! May Allah(swubhana wa ta'ala) bless you with all good things, protect you from evil, give you strength, open your heart, mid and soul for Islam and guide you the right path. May He bless you with good health and accept your good deeds. Ameen.

Have great time increasing your knowledge inshaAllah :)

Ameen

May Allah guide you! Just pray Him to guide you and He then Will guide you to The Right Path.

sajjuaiah

As-salaam alaikum,

Brother, Please dont be too late to declare your SHAHADA.

ASH-HADU ANLA-ILAHA IL-LAL-LAH WA ASH-HADU ANA MUHAMMADAN RASUL ALLAH.

:tti_sister:

salahdin

HI AND WELCOME TO ISLAM A GUESS YOUR ARE AMONG THOSE WHO ALLAH (AZA WAJALLAH) WANT TO GUIDE FOR ALLAH GUIDES THOSE WHOM HE WILLS

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Allah(swt) knows the best:
" Verily, you will not guide everyone whom you love, but Allah guides whom He wills and He knows best those who Will guided" (Qur'an 28:56)

Kakorot

you just sent me a private message, i tried to send u one back but i can't because your is full. I could give you my email though,