Interesting Demographics

Searching_soul

:salam2:

This i got from a mail..... jst wanted to share with all of u, the interesting statistics of today....

Interesting Demographics:

o World Jewish Population. 14 million
o Distribution: 7m in America
5m in Asia
2m in Europe
100 thousand in Africa

o World Muslim Population: 1..5 billion
o Distribution: I billion in Asia/Mid-East
400 M in Africa
44 M in Europe
6 M in the Americas

o Every fifth human being is a Muslim.
o For every single Hindu there are two Muslims
o For every Buddhist there are two Muslims
o For every Jew there are 107 Muslims
o Yet the 14 million Jews are more powerful than the entire 1.5 billion Muslims

Why?

Here are some of the reasons.

Movers of Current History
o Albert Einstein Jewish
o Sigmund Freud Jewish
o Karl Marx Jewish
o Paul Samuelson Jewish
o Milton Friedman

Medical Milestones
o Vaccinating Needle: Benjamin Ruben Jewish
o Polio Vaccine Jonas Salk Jewish
o Leukaemia Drug Gertrude Elion Jewish
o Hepatitis B Baruch Blumberg Jewish
o Syphilis Drug Paul Ehrlich Jewish
o Neuro muscular Elie Metchnikoff Jewish
o Endocrinology Andrew Schally Jewish
o Cognitive therapy. Aaron Beck Jewish
o Contraceptive Pill Gregory Pincus Jewish
o Understanding of Human Eye. G. Wald Jewish
o Embryology. Stanley Cohen Jewish
o Kidney Dialysis Willem Kloffcame Jewish

Nobel Prize Winners
o In the past 105 years, 14 million Jews have won 180 Nobel prizes whilst 1.5 billion Muslims have contributed only 3 Nobel winners

Inventions that changed History
o Micro- Processing Chip. Stanley Mezor Jewish
o Nuclear Chain Reactor Leo Sziland Jewish
o Optical Fibre Cable Peter Schultz Jewish
o Traffic Lights Charles Adler Jewish
o Stainless Steel Benno Strauss Jewish
o Sound Movies Isador Kisee Jewish
o Telephone Microphone Emile Berliner Jewish
o Video Tape Recorder Charles Ginsburg Jewish

Influential Global Business
o Polo Ralph Lauren Jewish
o Coca Cola Jewish
o Levi's Jeans Levi Strauss Jewish
o Sawbuck's Howard Schultz Jewish
o Google Sergey Brin Jewish
o Dell Computers Michael Dell Jewish
o Oracle Larry Ellison Jewish
o DKNY Donna Karan Jewish
o Baskin & Robbins Irv Robbins Jewish
o Dunkin Donuts Bill Rosenberg Jewish

Influential Intellectuals/Politicians
o Henry Kissinger , US Sec of State Jewish
o Richard Levin, President Yale University Jewish
o Alan Greenspan , US Federal Reserve Jewish
o Joseph Lieberman Jewish
o Madeleine Albright , US Sec of State Jewish
o Casper Weinberger , US Sec of Defence Jewish
o Maxim Litvinov , USSR Foreign Minister Jewish
o David Marshal , Singapore Chief Minister Jewish
o Isaacs Isaacs, Gov-Gen Australia Jewish
o Benjamin Disraeli, British Statesman Jewish
o Yevgeny Primakov, Russian PM Jewish
o Barry Goldwater , US Politician Jewish
o Jorge Sampaio, President Portugal Jewish
o Herb Gray, Canadian Deputy - PM Jewish
o Pierre Mendes, French PM Jewish
o Michael Howard, British Home Sec. Jewish
o Bruno Kriesky, Austrian Chancellor Jewish
o Robert Rubin , US Sec of Treasury Jewish

Global Media Influential
o Wolf Blitzer, CNN Jewish
o Barbara Walters ABC News Jewish
o Eugene Meyer , Washington Post Jewish
o Henry Grunwald, Time Magazine Jewish
o Katherine Graham , Washington Post Jewish
o Joseph Lelyeld, New York Times Jewish
o Max Frankel, New York Times Jewish

Global Philanthropists
o George Soros Jewish
o Walter Annenberg Jewish

Why are they powerful?

So why are Muslims powerless? Here's another reason. We have lost the capacity to produce knowledge..

o In the entire Muslim World (57 Muslim Countries) there are only 500 universities.
o In USA alone, 5,758 universities
o In India alone, 8,407 universities
o Not one university in the entire Islamic World features in the Top 500 Ranking Universities of the World
o Literacy in the Christian World 90%
o Literacy in the Muslim World 40%
o 15 Christian majority-countries, literacy rate 100%
o Muslim majority - countries , None
o 98% in Christian countries completed primary
o Only 50% in Muslim countries completed primary.
o 40% in Christian countries attended university
o In Muslim countries a dismal 2% attended.
o Muslim majority countries have 230 scientists per one million Muslims
o The USA has 5000 per million
o The Christian world 1000 technicians per million.
o Entire Arab World only 50 technicians per million.
o Muslim World spends on research/development 0.2% of GDP
o Christian World spends 5 % of GDP

Conclusion.
o The Muslim World lacks the capacity to produce knowledge.

Another way of testing the degree of knowledge is the degree of diffusing knowledge.

o Pakistan 23 daily newspapers per 1000 citizens
o Singapore 460 per 1000 citizens.
o In UK book titles per million is 2000
o In Egypt book titles per million is only 17

Conclusion.
o Muslim World is failing to diffuse knowledge

Applying Knowledge is another such test.
o Exports of high tech products from Pakistan is 0.9% of its exports.
o In Saudi Arabia is 0.2%
o Kuwait, Morocco and Algeria 0.3%
o Singapore alone is 68%

Conclusion.
o Muslim World is failing to apply knowledge.

What do you conclude?
no need to tell
the figures are speaking themselves very loudly we are unable to listen.

Insha Allah, Allah (subhana Watala) will make his religion victorious at the end of times... That's a promise from Allah, and it will come to pass. But for that to happen in our times, we as muslim individuals need to reform ourselves and learn our deen as well as excel in worldly knowledge... Allah doesn't change the condition of the people until they initiate the change within themselves. if it doesn't happen in our generations atleast our children's generation shud witness a change from the troubled times of the present.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please do not look at history from the viewpoint of the oppressors. It contorts facts. Please reread your Islamic history.

irish_muslim_08

Salaam,

Please do not look at history from the viewpoint of the oppressors. It contorts facts. Please reread your Islamic history.

Asalamualeykum Mirajmom,

The problem is that too many people talk about Islamic History, the reality is that many are still living in the past. The Muslim world has to catch up with the rest of the world, take responsibility for our own short-comings and weaknesses and stop blaming others!!!!! The Muslim world has to stop making excuses for their short-comings.

The reason the Jewish communities have contributed so much as per the facts above, is simple, they are the Ummah the Muslim world should be!!!! They are organised and united and this is why.

The Muslim world needs to stop going on about history and start making some new history!!!!

Salam

Searching_soul

Yes mirajmom, i know the early muslims were great in their struggle to seek knowledge, in their field of sciences, medicine, Maths, astrology and etc...
But im jst reminding us, that we can attain the same standards, if we follow sincerely our deen and seek worldly knowledge with sincerety and to seek Allah's pleasure in helping the muslim community.
Look at the plight of muslims now, its totally different to wut was during the Khilafa periods.....
They Followed islam perfectly, Allah gave them victory against the Kuffars.... Now we are not following even 1/10th of wut they did, and look at the state of us muslims now.....thats wut i wanted to convey...
i heard from a certain islamic lecture, that a british author who was against islam once read the history of islam and concluded that wen muslims stuck to their deen, they inherited the treasures of the world, and they were the leaders, and as soon as they strayed away from the straight path, they lost their leaderships... As for the Kuffar, wen they stick to their religion, they are lost far behind, but wen they neglect their religious practises and lead a secular life, thats wen they prosper.....
So this Clearly shows that sticking to our deen should be the ultimate goal and seek knowledge (religious and worldly) for Allah's pleasure, and not to gain fame or etc... Allah will automatically make the muslim community prosperous.....and give us victory again against the disbelievers once again as he promised us.

Searching_soul

Asalamualeykum Mirajmom,

The problem is that too many people talk about Islamic History, the reality is that many are still living in the past. The Muslim world has to catch up with the rest of the world, take responsibility for our own short-comings and weaknesses and stop blaming others!!!!! The Muslim world has to stop making excuses for their short-comings.

The reason the Jewish communities have contributed so much as per the facts above, is simple, they are the Ummah the Muslim world should be!!!! They are organised and united and this is why.

The Muslim world needs to stop going on about history and start making some new history!!!!

Salam

Thats Exactly wut i wanted to convey to others... Well said Irish muslim. The glory and golden age of islam is over... and to produce it again, we shud be worthy muslims so that Allah will help us... its not at all hard for Allah to jst turn the tables over..... this is a simple matter for Allah......but this is not actually happening now is mainly because we muslims now are not actually worth to be in the Golden age of islam. We shud practise our deen sincerely and be kind towards others, and practise Sunnah the best we can... Look at us muslims now, we jst imitating the west in everyway we can.... even the muslim men who are supposed to grow beards, thats one of the least they can do to identify themselves as muslims, are not doing that.....how can we really expect Allah to grant us victory over the kuffars at this point of time, if we don't reform ourselves as a whole?

Amir_of_spain

But what can you expect when muslim countries have flawed governments running the countries. Its not the publics fault, our great minds and thinkers dont even have the necessary resources or equipment to produce anything, thats surely down to the government.

irish_muslim_08

But what can you expect when muslim countries have flawed governments running the countries. Its not the publics fault, our great minds and thinkers dont even have the necessary resources or equipment to produce anything, thats surely down to the government.

Asalamualeykum Amir,

I agree, many of the governments are not democratically elected, eg after the Prophet (PBUH) died, it was suggested that those of knowledge would be leaders within Islam to take it forward and this sowed the seeds for the Golden Age. In many of these countries it is the wealthy families and military leaders that are in power and are corrupted by wealth and power. Weather you agree with the war in Iraq or not, at least it has a better chance in the future with a democratically elected government set-up then a dictatorship. The politics of the Muslim world (and not all the Muslim world is affected by this) needs to drastically change if there is any chance for another Golden Age to happen.

There are some efforts being made however, Madsar in Abu Dhabi will be the worlds first carbon free city, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai is putting $10 Billion of his own money into a Educational Foundation of the Middle East to help bridge the gap of the Middle East and the West. So efforts are being made, inshallah these efforts can help made thesse nations and Islam proud once again. inshallah.

Patience is a virtue, and we must be patient as things will improve. The Muslim world must stop blamming the 'West' for it's own short-comings and stand up and be accountable for itself. Inshallah, we can be world leaders again.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I am sorry that I did not make myself clear. Let me try once more, please.

I am speaking philosophically. In the dominant non-Islamic world there seems to be a need for ratings and rankings. It is aways outdoing the next. It is quite un-Islamic. Islam emphasis the need for brotherhood. Islam is the faith of humility. Islam is the foundation of spirituality.
Often these ratings and awards are contrary to striving for excellence. Sometimes the ego becomes inflated. Sometimes greed takes over.

You cite Freud as an mover of history. I am confused. His psycho sexual theories are contrary to the beliefs of Islam. He has reduced us to sexual creatures in need of immediate gratification. His theories contributed to blaming parents for all our shortcomings. I pray no Muslim would listen to this.

Karl Marx ? His belief: Communism. There is a denial of the existence of God. That is the reason it failed.

Milton Friedman. I am not a business person..but is that not all about profits and reba.

Embryology. Stanley Cohen Jewish. I always thought the Holy Quran was the first to explain human development.

Cognitive therapy. Aaron Beck Jewish. Amazing what Iman Ghazalli had to write.

Traffic Lights Charles Adler Jewish. But it was Garret Morgan whose patent was critical to traffic lights and switches. He was the father of the gas mask which led to scuba gear etc. He was Afro-American.

Henry Kissinger. Please read his biographies. Watch Ring of Power.

I think you understand my point.

We are backwards if you limit you definition to the words of the oppressors. That is the major weapon they have. They change words. We are given an illustration of that in the Quran.

We can never be backwords as long as we believe. Often we mistake the grand illusion as being reality.

I keep reading responses alluding to democracy. We do not need democracy. We have the sunnath.

I stress we need to be sure of our fidelity to our faith. We need to work in a humble manner to please Allah subhana talla. Let the angles of Allah write down our deeds. I pray this makes sense.

hambaAllah

:bismillah:

Agreed with Mirajmom response no8. May Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala keep us his slaves,, strong in eeman ,humble and steadfast in whatever we do...Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

:wasalam::hijabi:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I agree with brother Searching_soul he has clearly shown the difference at present. I also agree with brother irish_muslim and sister mirajmom.

It looks like I am running for office because I am agreeing with everyone... Doesn't it?

But the fact of the matter is you guys are all right (correct) in your opinion when we look at it from your point of view.

Here I go again... Bye ! :D

soeurette

Isn't it our duty to seek knowledge? I believe the point both brothers? are trying to make is that our muslim ummah has lost its desire for knowledge, much of the basis of modern living was discovered by our brothers and sisters of the past, but yet whenever anyone mentions the idea of the lack of prominent muslims in the world of science or politics, etc. the response is that is not something we should be worried about. Yes we should strive only to please Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala, but we can do this and still do as our forefathers and create great poetry, make discoveries and create a history for our future generations, for how can we expect the future generations to be proud. Many will say they should be proud because they are muslims and that should be enough, but sadly it isn't. I've heard many times from many reverts that in Islam they found a religion that required them to question, to learn, and to prove the facts they were presented in Islam with outside sources, yet for some reason (and this does not apply to all only some I have observed) many muslims who are born into Islam are content with a blind faith. We are born with a brain, not just to be conscious of ourselves and our creator but to use it think and discover and examine and analyze. I'm not making any grand illusions or using any other standard than those given to us by Prophet Muhammed (SAW) and Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Isn't it our duty to seek knowledge? I believe the point both brothers? are trying to make is that our muslim ummah has lost its desire for knowledge, much of the basis of modern living was discovered by our brothers and sisters of the past, but yet whenever anyone mentions the idea of the lack of prominent muslims in the world of science or politics, etc. the response is that is not something we should be worried about. Yes we should strive only to please Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala, but we can do this and still do as our forefathers and create great poetry, make discoveries and create a history for our future generations, for how can we expect the future generations to be proud. Many will say they should be proud because they are muslims and that should be enough, but sadly it isn't. I've heard many times from many reverts that in Islam they found a religion that required them to question, to learn, and to prove the facts they were presented in Islam with outside sources, yet for some reason (and this does not apply to all only some I have observed) many muslims who are born into Islam are content with a blind faith. We are born with a brain, not just to be conscious of ourselves and our creator but to use it think and discover and examine and analyze. I'm not making any grand illusions or using any other standard than those given to us by Prophet Muhammed (SAW) and Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala

:salam2: Sister soeurette
:ma: Good post sister. I am with you 100%.

Amir_of_spain

There are plenty of muslim graduates in the muslim world, however the talent of the youth and our greatest minds have been left aside, this is because there aren't suitable means of transfering people's skills into progress and innovation in the muslim world. I give you an example... the pc industry which was formed in west coast usa started off by a handful of school students as a hobby, but later on it grew into a billion dollar industry. Now imagine those geeks had those ideas but lived in say... the Yeman or Pakistan or bangladesh, do you think their ideas would have practically came about.. answer is no way, because there is chaos, slow progress, governmental corruption, lack of institutions, industrial manufacturing, design facility in the muslim countries. Thus it keeps going back to the leaders of the country, if they haven't provided the necessary institution for the sciences to flourish, then our greatest minds and creativity will never materialize into fruitition.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I must say in terms of the world of PC...please read the history of the world of PC...stealing..etc. ask Bill Gates..and all the men and women who were wronged in beautiful California. It is a good read. Before we point to the Muslims...research the facts.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I am having issues with my fingers this morning. I have lost a wonderful post. So forgive me as I attempt to collect my thoughts.

First, please do not stereotype. I think the statement of born Muslims as being lazy is simply bad. Please think of what you are writing.

I am begining to detect the horrors of the words of the non-Muslims being intergrated into the souls of Muslims. We are using the eye of envy. Be careful.

Be careful. You are writing about Muslims. It is our duty and obligation to protect Muslims first. In thought and deed.

We are successful and we are striving for excellence. I give you two names. Dr. Sami Al-Arian and Dr. Aafia Siddiqui.

Why are we envious of coal when we hold a diamond in our hands.

One of the tools of those who wish Muslims no good is the tool of the manipulation of words. If we are ashamed of Muslims we are indeed sorry. Our responsibility is to uphold Muslims first.

In terms of politics. What we are lacking is living the life as prescribed by Allah subhana talla. We lack living in Muslim communities. What we lack is compassion. We have been divided. We are so busy imitating the kuffir. We want what they consider to be good. We want a false system that only feeds the wealthy few. And we compromise our faith to fit in. We assist in breaking up the community to get a cookie from the kuffir.

We add shame on our list of deeds. We forget that the current world crisis is the outcome of the reign of the kuffir. We fight their battle while they collect accolades and laugh at us.

We have covered our hearts with the illusion of the world of the kuffir. The glitter of the world of the kuffir is only the lies. Before you condemn Muslims take a good look at the poverty rates in the US and Canada. Look at the rates of poverty in Germany.

A thread of this nature is not good. Words such as pride are foolish. Why are we comparing. We Muslims are told to lower our gaze. When we lower our gaze we are working hard. When we look from side to side we compare..and that leads to envy. You do not know what is in the heart of a Muslim nor anyone..that belongs to Allah subhana talla.

For the sake of Islam..do not get pulled into the foolish world of illusion and allow yourself to backbite fellow Muslims. This lowers our jihad. Shame on us.

May Allah subhana talla, out of His Mercy, forgive me, forgive me, forgive me.

Searching_soul

i agree 100% with u mirajmom. But look at our muslim youths today. Are we learning the Deen as we are all commanded to do? Shouldn't we feel ashamed of ourselves for jst letting go of our deen and being as they say "MODERATE" muslims and imitating the Kuffar inch by inch. They are scared to say they are Muslims.

Selfishness, Jealousy, backbiting, and all the bad elements are present in Large amounts in our society. Who cares abt the kuffar. They are disbelievers in oneness of God. They don't know what is right and what is wrong. But our fellow muslims who understand islam, they are filled with hate and envy towards their fellow brothers and sisters. And most muslim families are not united at all. How can we unite as Muslims if our own families are not united?

You are telling us muslims to lower our gaze and not look at the kuffar for their achievements and their life etc... Thats well and good. But should we lower our gaze infront of muslims and not look at our faults. Our prophet told us to enjoin good and forbid Evil. We should correct our brothers and sisters and not let them go astray. If we simply overlook their faults in islam, then no one will teach them whats right from wrong. And this creates a community of muslims committing major and minor sins. How will the help of Allah come wen we have a community like this? We can only expect Wrath from Allah and this may also come in the form of Kuffar regimes attacking our community (which is happening everywhere today) . Thats why we as individual muslims should reform ourselves and go back to the sunnah of the prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) and shouldn't be ashamed to show off our good morals which our prophet taught us, infront of Kafirs. Why should we be scared of them? Why are our youths so scared to imitate the prophet but would love to imitate the kuffars in their Immorals and shameless practises?
what is the amazing advice which our beloved prophet gave to Abdullah Ibn Abbas (ral) . He told him, "Oh my child, Keep Allah (i.e Allah's Orders/laws) and Allah will keep u (Protect u from kafirs). We shouldn't fear how others would react to us, because Allah has promised that he would protect us from the kafirs if we undertake the responsibilities to keep the Law of Allah.

And it is our duty to point out the mistakes in our society rather than overlooking their faults .

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Excellent response.

We must keep our gaze lowered. We have to work hard on our own jihad. We have to make an individual commitment to be pious. We have to set the example and never let it go.
We need to be loving in our correction of others. We need to be sound and logical and appeal to the intellect of our youth. We often are so busy being judgemental. We need to be forgiving of our youth. Heaven knows they did not want to inherit this mess...

We can not use the language that is laden with hate as our own. We are not moderate or radical or fundamental or terrorists. We are the bodies of the same soul. Oh the disbelievers have filled us with hate towards one another.
Lower our gaze.

If we concentrate on our faults...we will be stuck. Why not concentrate on our good. Why not concentrate on the fact that patience is a virtue of all Muslims.

It is easy to imitate the kuffir. It is so pleasing and easy. But if we point fingers at our youth it will lead them astray. We have to go back to the masjids.

Why are our masjids empty on jumma. Becuase we are all chasing money and the luxury of the dunya. I am equally guilty as the next person.

But we can start by being loving towards one another. It starts on an individual level. It starts by lowering our gaze.

Lowering our gaze. Let me always know that I am in the Presence of The Ruler of Mankind, The Judge of Mankind, the Maker of the Universe...let His Will employ this body as a tool to do His Work.

It is not well and good. It is our obligation as Muslims. It is a physical manifestation of an inner grace. By lowering my gaze I am subservient and an obident slave at all times.

Let us not serch for faults..for if we go looking for faults that is all we will find. Let us look for good and Insha"Allah we will find good. Let us assist in the process of healing before we assist in the process of hunting.

Our youth are our promise. Let us show them the Path of Mercy that the Prophet, May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him. showed us. Let us correct others in an Islamic manner. But first let us correct ourselves.

Amir_of_spain

Salaam,

I must say in terms of the world of PC...please read the history of the world of PC...stealing..etc. ask Bill Gates..and all the men and women who were wronged in beautiful California. It is a good read. Before we point to the Muslims...research the facts.

This thread was originally about scientific and technological progression, or lack there of within the muslim countries.

My point wasn't to discuss the history of the modern PC but to highlight the reality that muslim countries lack the necessary institutions and facilities that are required to allow our youth, scientists and greatest minds to bring forth their ideas and innovations; which can pave the way to progress and development. Yes imaan is important, as is good manners and so forth, but muslims should also work hard and try to improve ourselfs practically aswell.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I understood your point. I responded to dispell the false notion of the history of the PC. We need to always understand the entire picture or else we spread lies. It ties in with the original post which was inaccurate. The poster did not take time to reflect on the accomplishments of those whose names appear on the list.

I must be very poor in communicating. I posted that we must not be in a comparative state. I posted that we are living in the outcomes of the strategies of the kuffir world and how they have used the rest of the world. I am speaking of the ills caused by the spread of imperialism. I am speaking of the effects on the minds of the younger generations. They are ashamed of themselves. The responses thus far are examples of the years of training us to be ashamed of oursleves. The responses are examples of wanting to turn against our beliefs. The younger generation is telling me that the Muslim world is corrupt and born Muslims are lazy. I do not need to read this on TTI. I see this propaganda on television and the movies.

The practical way to improve ourselves is to rid ourselves of the notion that we are inferior.

It is funny that when we wish to be practical we put iman aside. We want to strive for excellence..but not in a spritual way. We place blame on all Islamic countries and are ashamed of ourselves. And Ramadan starts within 48 hours.

Salaam,

People don't be so simple minded. We Muslims have our list of accomplishments. Over the last 100 years, we Muslims have become not only victims of Western political & military aggression but lies as well. Don't take the list at face value. Their is a lot of politics involved with the list and incorrect information. Do some research and history. Bring each person to the table one at a time then we can talk about them. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest ;)