Introducing 'The TTI geekSquad'!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
:bismillah:

logo1yr.png

As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullaah

Alhamdulillaah a new social group has been created for all you geeks out there:

"If you're a programmer, developer, graphics designer, technologist, physics lover, mathematician, engineer or simply 'the IT guy' then join up to TTI's geekSquad to discuss anything geekish. Don't worry, being a geek won't make you that stereotypical freak!"​
If you fit that profile (or if you don't), then sign up to share your knowledge, receive help or help others, discuss anything technical and possibly even help out with TTI!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum

Without any intended offence, I'm really glad I can count myself out of this category of people. Really.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum

Without any intended offence, I'm really glad I can count myself out of this category of people. Really.

Wa`alaykum us-salaam

Alhamdulillaah. On a serious note, it just means your profession/discipline is anything technical or even scientific. If it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have these forums to begin with.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Wa`alaykum us-salaam

Alhamdulillaah. On a serious note, it just means your profession/discipline is anything technical or even scientific. If it wasn't for us, you wouldn't have these forums to begin with.

Yes ..yes indeed, I have respect for IT folk/techies - honestly. (Thanks for the forum, lol)

Science can be pretty technical at times too for that matter.

Wa-salaam

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:salam2:

i have joined the group but i am not a typical Geek :lol:
my field of interest is different :D but i can say that being there can be fun :)

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

I am in :)
some people find it boring and difficult to read and do math...personally I enjoy doing math very much ... almost all my books at home are about math
:SMILY259:

Wassalam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Yes ..yes indeed, I have respect for IT folk/techies - honestly. (Thanks for the forum, lol)

Science can be pretty technical at times too for that matter.

Wa-salaam

Yeah it can, I just separated the terms for the sake of it... Anyhow, I know women typically find this stuff boring so I won't lecture you to death. Don't worry, you'll sign up one day (end of satire).

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

im so agreeing with the sister here :lol:

Wa-alaykum salaam

I don't know what you're field is, but like me you're probably just relieved you can quite happily call some other people ''geeks'' for a change, no?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Wa-alaykum salaam

I don't know what you're field is, but like me you're probably just relieved you can quite happily call some other people ''geeks'' for a change, no?

:lol: idk i call ppl geek all the times more like jokes lol :D but yea Alhumdulilah not part of it hehe :D ALhumdulilah :D

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Wa-alaykum salaam

With a sig that only reads 'Quark.' I think we can safely call you one too.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ Let me have my moment?

I would never embrace geek-hood. Im outta here.

Fee amanillaah!

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
"If you're a programmer, developer, graphics designer, technologist, physics lover, mathematician, engineer or simply 'the IT guy' then join up to TTI's geekSquad to discuss anything geekish. Don't worry, being a geek won't make you that stereotypical freak!"

Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

I don't think you should include Engineers into the "GeekSquad". I wouldn't have got into engineering if it was for geeks *smile*

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

I don't think you should include Engineers into the "GeekSquad". I wouldn't have got into engineering if it was for geeks *smile*

You fit the geek profile more than us akhi. Tall, Indian, glasses (smile)... Like I said, we're not really geeks, it's just the name. Oh and electrical engineers definitely fit the group. So do aerospace (hint hint). The fact that you gotta use Matlab and Simulink somewhere down the life is sufficient a proof for my claims!

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
You fit the geek profile more than us akhi. Tall, Indian, glasses (smile)... Like I said, we're not really geeks, it's just the name. Oh and electrical engineers definitely fit the group. So do aerospace (hint hint). The fact that you gotta use Matlab and Simulink somewhere down the life is sufficient a proof for my claims!

Ow no's, I need to get contact lenses now.

Btw, I dropped aerospace ages ago, I realized that there are not many "helpful" brothers in aerospace lol so I changed. And I still wonder, how exactly did I manage to pass my first year.

And please, I hate Matlab!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Ow no's, I need to get contact lenses now.

Btw, I dropped aerospace ages ago, I realized that there are not many "helpful" brothers in aerospace lol so I changed. And I still wonder, how exactly did I manage to pass my first year.

And please, I hate Matlab!

When I was around there were too many aero-space brothers. I felt like the odd one out as I was doing CS... You could've got help from 'Abraham Lincoln'?

Geeks could be anyone one who is smart. Not supposedly with computers only

That's a nerd son... Well kind of.

Ibn Uthaymin

Dont make fun of nerds, chances are you will end up working for one.
Thats what Bill Gates said. And I prefer people with glasses, thyre more reliable (my opinion)