Introduction of myself.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sister Nurain, I'm from Malaysia, your neigbour. Alhamdulillah to hear about your repentant. I'm new to Islam also...embraced in 2003. When I first came to Islam, first thing my ustaz taught me is to say "Bismillah..." in whatever I do. Then he encouraged me to practice immediately what I've learned. He told me to make it a habit to perform prayers immediately when the time has come. Most of all, he asked me to ensure I do not break my "syahadah". InsyAllah, I think this advises are suitable to everyone of us.

Nurain

Wa'alaikumsalam to all who has replied.

I do not know if anyone cares for this update, but from the first I'd started this thread -- I have been wearing hijjab for about two weeks now. Alhamdulillah.

Some of the things I realise (misconceptions) are: people question, why are you this way now, so religious? And the funniest thing is, it does not feel religious. It feels ... something which oughtn't be question. And I still do believe in the modesty and protection Allah promises, alhamdulillah.

It is so much more easier to please Allah by meeting his expectations, than trying to please His creations (humans in general). This I feel strongly about.

Wasalam
Nurain

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
Wa'alaikumsalam to all who has replied.

I do not know if anyone cares for this update, but from the first I'd started this thread -- I have been wearing hijjab for about two weeks now. Alhamdulillah.

Some of the things I realise (misconceptions) are: people question, why are you this way now, so religious? And the funniest thing is, it does not feel religious. It feels ... something which oughtn't be question. And I still do believe in the modesty and protection Allah promises, alhamdulillah.

It is so much more easier to please Allah by meeting his expectations, than trying to please His creations (humans in general). This I feel strongly about.

Wasalam
Nurain

:ma::ma:MashaALLAH, wow, my sister this is so good, this is so good news
i do care alot for this good update, i ask ALLAH swt to grant you more patient and streinght to go forward , so committed and so long to Islam. i am so happy for you. sister, you know, this is the best news i ever heard for a week now, my ALLAH bless your life more and more, looking forward really to hear more update, tell us how you deeply feel after wearing Hijab, what are you up to next.
your sister
laila

Ijaz Khan

Masha ALLAH

May ALLAH strengthen our emaan. May ALLAH Accept our repentence and bless us his love. the love that fills our heart fully that nothing left for other to enter.

khangul

your sister
:salam2:
wel come dear sister .your coming back is a mercy from ALLAH SWT to you.I was wearing hijab and performing faraidh but when i became alone , ALLAH give me hidaya of understanding islam and its real soul.may ALLAH guide you through the right path. ameen

Rashadi

Asalamualaykum everyone,

My name is N u r A i n and I am from Singapore.

I was born Muslim, however somewhere along the line I lost my sense of purpose and direction. I started picking up smoking and drinking, and mixing with bad company of friends. Not very long later, I suffered from depression.

It came to a point where I relied heavily on medication -- I was heavily sedated yet it didn't make me feel any relaxed or better. The obvious solution was there, I knew, and became convinced when my mother spoke to me one day and said, the only solution is to seek Allah.

The solution like I mentioned, was obvious. Yet I did not perform my obligatory duties as a Muslim, I did not seek Allah nor think of him. I had forgotten Allah.

Things took a different turn when I had bad dreams continuously for two weeks. I knew it was Shaiton toying with my sleep, I usually end up waking up reading the Ayat-ul Qursy.

Until one day, I dreamt my parents passed away. They returned with a message for me, looking sad. I woke up crying and wondering, what kind of a daughter I am not being able to du'ah for my poor parents?

I seek Allah. And Allah has given me hidayah. I am happy to see many muslims here, professing love for Allah and Rasulullah. I am really pleased. Surely, we are all followers of the truth, alhamdulillah.

I take one day at a time and Alhamdulillah, have snapped out of the depression. Many aspects of my life has improved, thank you to Allah SWT for giving me hidayah. Right now, I am thinking of wearing a hijjab, and would like to find strength to be able to carry it out. I believe in the modesty promised.

Thank you all for reading.

Rgds
N u r A i n

Alhamdulillah, I am happy to hear that you rediscovered Islam and may Allah(swt) keep you on the straight path, increase your iman and make you devoted in the deen, Amin.

pcozzy

:jazaak:

keep going be more active and try to learn more of the correct aqeedah. U don't have to mention your past when you meet people, you can keep it between yourself and Allah. Even though I appreciate your sharing. Sometimes we have to read between the lines and decide what is our real purpose in this life. Islam alhamdillilah gives the complete picture and describes it very thoroughly.

TTI has a lot of information, so my advise take your time, learn and then apply and may Allah grant all muslims the best in this life and the hereafter and keep muslims away from hell fire.

:wasalam:

lilisoo

الفقيره الى الله
ما شاء الله

ما شاء الله كان الله معك و فى عونك و اعانك الله على جهاد النفس و حفظك من كل سوء i wish you the best of luck and i will pray for you to wear hijab

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Asalamualaykum everyone,

I was born Muslim, however somewhere along the line I lost my sense of purpose and direction. I started picking up smoking and drinking, and mixing with bad company of friends. Not very long later, I suffered from depression.

It came to a point where I relied heavily on medication -- I was heavily sedated yet it didn't make me feel any relaxed or better. The obvious solution was there, I knew, and became convinced when my mother spoke to me one day and said, the only solution is to seek Allah.

The solution like I mentioned, was obvious. Yet I did not perform my obligatory duties as a Muslim, I did not seek Allah nor think of him. I had forgotten Allah.

Things took a different turn when I had bad dreams continuously for two weeks. I knew it was Shaiton toying with my sleep, I usually end up waking up reading the Ayat-ul Qursy.

Until one day, I dreamt my parents passed away. They returned with a message for me, looking sad. I woke up crying and wondering, what kind of a daughter I am not being able to du'ah for my poor parents?

I seek Allah. And Allah has given me hidayah. I am happy to see many muslims here, professing love for Allah and Rasulullah. I am really pleased. Surely, we are all followers of the truth, alhamdulillah.

I take one day at a time and Alhamdulillah, have snapped out of the depression. Many aspects of my life has improved, thank you to Allah SWT for giving me hidayah. Right now, I am thinking of wearing a hijjab, and would like to find strength to be able to carry it out. I believe in the modesty promised.

Rgds
N u r A i n

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
You're not alone in drifting away from the path of Allah, many of us have gone through similar experiences and ups and downs of life.
Alhamdulilah! Praise be to Allah, that he gave us guidance after we were utterly lost and confused.
I hope you benefit from your stay at TTI. May Allah increase you knowledge, imaan, and success. Ameen.

Good to know that you began to wear Hijab! It makes me very very happy to see sisters in Hijab [one glance only.. lol so don't assume anything!].

:wasalam:

p.s.

I've heard Singapore's government and its policies is accommodating to the needs of the Muslim communities? Alhamdulilah!

I'm planning to visit Singapore early this year for the 3rd time :laughing-dancing::jumpclap::jumpclap:. Love the place....... So nice and clean!

ahammedshah

IT IS BETTER TO BE LATE, THAN TO BE NEVER.

Read your message thanks to Almighty Allah that your are thinking to put on Hijab. Dear you know Holy Quran says NISSA means women and again the meaning of NISSA is to be covered under hijaab. The respect a women possesses in ISLAM is not given by any other religion of the world. You must follow the verses of the Holy Quran, it says (A LAZI KHALAQAL MAUT A WA HAYATA LI YAB LU WAQUM AYYUKUM AHSANU AMALAA, WA HUWAL AZIZUL GAFOOR) Surat ul MULQ, Allah has created life and death to test humans and jinns for the promise which they did with Almighty ALLAH in the grounds of AL SOOT, where Allah gathered the souls of humans from Adam to last born of the world.
Dear womens are meant for respect and love, please do not follow the path of others, Ask ALLAH for the path of those prople who got success in all worlds like world, grave and the hereafter.
Regards
Ahammed Shah

Read your message, thanks to ALLAH
Asalamualaykum everyone,

Rgds
N u r A i n

Nurain

Thank You

Asalam'alaikum every single one of you and thank you for the reply. I shall collate them all here, seeing that I am extremely touched with the concern shown, Alhamdulillah.

In general, I feel embarassed with the attention and wearing hijaab is not as "frightful" or "big a deal" as I used to think of it anymore. Wearing hijab makes me feel beautiful as I am conducting myself in the way of a Muslimah and wearing hijaab, I realise, Alhamdulillah has truly changed my conduct a lot as I cannot speak as I please knowing that I have my Muslim identity on full display. I try very hard to be in my bestest conduct. I am sure other Muslimah sisters feel the same way? Wearing hijaab makes me FEEL SAFE from men and it makes me feel closer to ALLAH. Wearing hijaab is indeed living up to all the promise ALLAH SWT had made, to protect modesty of the Muslimah. Wearing hijaab has truly truly changed my life and NOTHING at all about the hijaab makes me feel negative. NOTHING AT ALL! If there is a regret, I regret not being highlighted (or not being aware) of all these indeed beautiful things which entail wearing the hijaab earlier. Praise be to ALLAH!

Thank you all for the warm welcome and concern. Indeed I have true Muslim brothers and sisters here who care, inshaALLAH. And I feel happy seeing other Muslimahs in hijaab and covered up because women are indeed previous and we must not perform like the kaffir women who has no respect for themselves thus not earning any respect from the men who wants to lead them astray

To Sharingan01, it is true that in Singapore religious practices are respected, and I am grateful to ALLAH because the system in Singapore and some of the way it is being governed is Islamic and free from corruption (of course there are one or two cases, but in general it is governed well). Masjids can easily be found anywhere, solaat can be performed easily and Alhamdulillah people are respectful of each other. It is also clean, seeing as to littering will cause a person to be fined, I would say Singapore is pretty well organised and I am so thankful to Allah that I reside here. Religious knowledge is Alhamdulillah, also within one's grasps. It is a matter of one's willingness to do it. Are you coming to Singapore for holiday? :D

Again, thank you all. This reply is not edited so pardon for the length and the repitition of words but I truly am grateful and touched by everyone's concern.