Is Allah happy with non-muslims praying to Him?

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum

I hope all my brothers and sisters are doing very well.

It looks like a wrote a whole essay, but the question is really just the title. If you are nice enough, though, you'd read the whole thing, :).

Alhumdulillah, Allah has blessed me with a greaaaaaat friend. She is truly an amazing person, and we have such great times together. The only problem is that she is non-muslim. But...I don't even know if she really is. It's confusing. She was born into the Catholic religion, but now she's not sure she wants to believe what she was brought up to believe. This is because of me (well, Allah, actually). I have the tendency to pray to Allah about every single thing. I mean, if my pencil drops, I'll ask Allah to have someone get it for me. I'm being completely honest. I really hope I'm not doing something wrong, but it's just that I believe that when you need to ask for something, ask it from Allah, no one else. Anyways, back on topic, I always talk about praying to Allah with my friend (asking Allah). Whenever something wrong happens, almost immediately I say "pray to God" without even thinking. It's like a reflex. So one time, I told her to pray to God and she tells me that praying to God doesn't always work. So I ask her who she is really praying to, God, or someone else like Jesus (pbuh) or some saint? When she tells me it's mosly Jesus she prays to, I tell her that Jesus (pbuh) was just a human being. A great one, but still human. He can't hear her prayers because he isn't God. She really took this in consideration, and ever since then, she started praying to God.

Here is the problem though. Allah does say that He will answer any ones prayer, even if they are non-muslims, just as long as they call out to Him alone. Well, my friend now always prays to Allah. Always! She comes to me sometimes and says, "I prayed to God for signs, and He gave them to me," "I prayed to God for this, and He gave it to me." She is always praying to Allah now for everything, and Allah, The most Merciful One, gives her everything she asks for. She is always thinking and talking about Him too. One time she wanted to watch something on the computer and it wouldn't load, so she looked up and said "Okay God, I guess you don't want me to do this, so I won't." I was sooooo suprised! I mean, actual Muslims, real Believers sometimes don't even do that! But anyways, I'm getting side tracked again, my question is that is Allah unhappy with the fact that a non-muslim calls out to Him? Always calls out to Him? She believes in Him, but not in His religion. She believes that Jesus (pbuh) is the son of God, but everytime she tells me that, I see confusion in her eyes. It's almost like she feels silly saying it because it doesn't really make sense.

What should I do? Should I stop telling her to pray to God, if it upsets Him? I don't think it would, but I still want to know. I'm just a little upset that even after she prays to Allah, and He gives her everything, why she isn't turning to Islam? But then again, Allah guides whomever He wills.

Sorry for the megaaa huge question, and getting side tracked, and talking blah blahhh. I hope something can shed a little light on this topic.

Thank youuuuu!!
:hearts:
Wasalam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu alaykum

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

So I decided to be nice enough and read the whole thing:) We hardly get to see you around, welcome back.

Your question is kind of too complex to be answered by TTI members I'd say. We can never say with certainty if Allah is pleased or displeased with certain actions of people. We can only try to access by the standards given to us in the Qur'an and sunnah, if or if not, our actions and worship is worth consideration in Allah's court.
Your question Involves a Non Muslim, sincerely calling upon Allah for her needs while ascribing a partner to Him, by saying He has taken a son (Astagfirullah!), I'm afraid none here is qualified to answer whether Allah likes her calling on Him. Forward your question to a knowledgeable person. Or better still, leave it be, you may never like the answer and the truth of the matter may sadden you. Focus on what's more important.

I think you should continue to being the good friend you are, and continue your dawah by being a good devoted Muslim your self. Actions speak louder than words. She's already accepted praying to Allah alone, that's the stepping stone for instilling in her the concept of Tawheed. If she embraces tawheed, she's already gotten 90% into accepting Islam Inshaa`Allah. So focus on that. Make duas for her. Inshaa`Allah, He'll turn her heart.

m_rahman

You just stop being playing the role of Allah. Thats it.

You ask only Allah, He is not here to answer your question. Get it straight. Pray to Allah and ask him directly if He is happy with your friendship with a Non Muslim and ask Him Alone to guide her to Islam.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Muslim_Gurl,

Why don't you tell your friend to ask Allah for important things such as guiding her to the right and true religion?! Since she's confused tell her to ask for the important things in life. And make du'a for your friend as well, since she's non-Muslim, the only dua you can make for her is for Allah to guide her to Islam. May Allah guide her, amin:)

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum sister

Maybe you can guide her to study by close the life of Jesus s.a.
Like with this book inshallah or any other islamic material. http://down1.islamhouse.com/data/en...e_of_Isa_( Jesus )_PBUH_in_Light_of_Islam.pdf
I know the church has some confusing story so better to make clear her doubts. She will see islam does not change the status and importance of Jesus s.a and his mom, Maryam, but gives them the justice they deserve.

Fatima Amenda

Walikum asalamu rahmatullahi wabarakahu Sister, Insha'Allah you will find your answer. About dropping your pencil and asking Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala to pick it up you should maybe pick it up and say Bismilliah, as you are keeping the area he has given you clean and free from obstruction.

As far as asking even anyone else to pick something up for you, refer to Hadith Tirmidi

"One should not seek favours from fellow human beings. If one drops something while riding, he ought to get off and pick it up, rather than ask someone else to do it for him"

I too worry my family who are Christian including still my children, if their prayers will be accepted. Instead of me telling them how to pray I just pray to Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala he will open their hearts and through my love of Islam he will guide them by my Islamic example I am learning to set.

I do however ask my children to pray, but I remind them to only pray to Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala and not to associate anyone including Jesus alayhi wasallam with Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala, as Jesus alayhi wasallam in the Gospels never told anyone to pray TO him but to pray to Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala.

Thank you Sister for posting this and making me think, I just answered my own question on a post and question I just asked myself.. May Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala keep us all guided and open the hearts of all to accept Islam and Muslim way of life ... Ameen

Fatima Amenda

Assalamu alaykum

It looks like a wrote a whole essay, but the question is really just the title. If you are nice enough, though, you'd read the whole thing, :).

Alhumdulillah, Allah has blessed me with a greaaaaaat friend. She is truly an amazing person, and we have such great times together. The only problem is that she is non-muslim. But...I don't even know if she really is. It's confusing. She was born into the Catholic religion, but now she's not sure she wants to believe what she was brought up to believe. This is because of me (well, Allah, actually). I have the tendency to pray to Allah about every single thing. I mean, if my pencil drops, I'll ask Allah to have someone get it for me. I'm being completely honest. I really hope I'm not doing something wrong, but it's just that I believe that when you need to ask for something, ask it from Allah, no one else. Anyways, back on topic, I always talk about praying to Allah with my friend (asking Allah). Whenever something wrong happens, almost immediately I say "pray to God" without even thinking. It's like a reflex. So one time, I told her to pray to God and she tells me that praying to God doesn't always work. So I ask her who she is really praying to, God, or someone else like Jesus (pbuh) or some saint? When she tells me it's mosly Jesus she prays to, I tell her that Jesus (pbuh) was just a human being. A great one, but still human. He can't hear her prayers because he isn't God. She really took this in consideration, and ever since then, she started praying to God.

Here is the problem though. Allah does say that He will answer any ones prayer, even if they are non-muslims, just as long as they call out to Him alone. Well, my friend now always prays to Allah. Always! She comes to me sometimes and says, "I prayed to God for signs, and He gave them to me," "I prayed to God for this, and He gave it to me." She is always praying to Allah now for everything, and Allah, The most Merciful One, gives her everything she asks for. She is always thinking and talking about Him too. One time she wanted to watch something on the computer and it wouldn't load, so she looked up and said "Okay God, I guess you don't want me to do this, so I won't." I was sooooo suprised! I mean, actual Muslims, real Believers sometimes don't even do that! But anyways, I'm getting side tracked again, my question is that is Allah unhappy with the fact that a non-muslim calls out to Him? Always calls out to Him? She believes in Him, but not in His religion. She believes that Jesus (pbuh) is the son of God, but everytime she tells me that, I see confusion in her eyes. It's almost like she feels silly saying it because it doesn't really make sense.

What should I do? Should I stop telling her to pray to God, if it upsets Him? I don't think it would, but I still want to know. I'm just a little upset that even after she prays to Allah, and He gives her everything, why she isn't turning to Islam? But then again, Allah guides whomever He wills.

Sorry for the megaaa huge question, and getting side tracked, and talking blah blahhh. I hope something can shed a little light on this topic.

Thank youuuuu!!
Wasalam

Fatima Amenda

Insha'Allah we are all kept guided to the way of truth and not allow us to fall into our own misguidance of falsehood

Cariad

Assalamu alaykum

Thank youuuuu!!
Wasalam

Hello, I will give you a reply from the other side of the fence, you will not like it and probably dismiss it without thought. I think you should accept your friend as she is and not try to change her. If she is a good person and you value her friendship it should not matter that she does not accept your prophet, or chooses your way of worship to Almighty God. You should stay out of her head in such matters. God guides through his Holy Spirit alone. It is not your place to act in his stead.

If she is a Christian she will understand who the true Christ is, and he is no ones son. As muslims believe we think he is. I read with interest the above article posted by the muslim sister Hajjerr. It says nothing of Christ but is full of the usual misunderstandings..most taken from the Gnostic Gospels.

You should know Gods love is all encompassing, you put restrictions on God by assuming he does not love all good people equally.

Peace to you. Value your friend, love her for the person she is ..not the person you think she should be. X

Fatima Amenda

i tried to suscribe and they askes many times to change the passeword
so i left it without subscribing.

Asalamu alaykum, for your password you need at least one capitol letter in your password and an @ sign somewhere in it. Please try again Insha'Allah, you will find it works