Is interracial marriage allowed in Islam ?

truthseeker63

Is interracial marriage allowed in Islam as a male who is white could I marry a Woman who is not white let's say she is black or asian or chinese I hope this is not a dumb question ?

Ummof2a

No racism in Islam alhumduliah

Of course you can marry a Muslim woman of any color, race, ethnicity and so on.

Here is a fatwa:hose who Refuse to Marry off Except to their Own Tribe, or for Other than Deen
Question:

We have with us some desert people, they do not marry off except within their own tribe. So what is your advice for them?
Answer:

Our advice for them is that they marry off to those that are suitable, whether they are from their tribe or not, because of the saying of Allaah the most high:

"O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqoon (pious - see V.2:2). Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware."

(Al-Hujurat 49:13)

And his the Most High's saying:

"And it is He Who has created man from water, and has appointed for him kindred by blood, and kindred by marriage. And your Lord is Ever All-Powerful to do what He will."

(Al-Furqan 25:54)

And the saying of the Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alyhi wa sallam: "All of you are from Adam and Adam is from soil" and other proofs from that chapter that show that suitability is in the deen, not in tribe, linage, money, hierarchy, diplomas, studies, profession or occupation.

Shaykh Yahyah Al-Hajooree
Website of the Shaykh
Translated by Muhammad Elmi

aisha16

Islam doesn't restrict anyone from marriage based on trivial things such as race, tribe, etc. It's just culture and society that does most of the time.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Hey there...peace be unto you

Yes Islam does allow interracial marriages....sister Ummof2 posted the verses. Islam does not discriminate against any one race. Its a universal religion for all humans. However, a Muslim woman will not marry any man who is NOT a Muslim!

One thing you have to note brother....many times culture clashes with Islam. You might hear or experience people refusing to marry their daughter to any one who is not from their race, culture, color, or their own tribe. This is no way part of Islam....like I said it is just cultural!

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Go ahead brother marry, just marrrrrrrrrrrry ,brown,white ,green,yellow.It is not a silly question, there are just silly answers to it.

In "fact", know that you are just exchanging a big bag of problems with another one when you marry haha (Just joking) :biggrin:

May Allah swt bless you with a good pious Muslim wife , whatever part of the rainbow she might pop out from, as long as the sky is the limit in molding her behavior and self awareness ;)

Take care.

Wassalamu Aleikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
:salam2:Go ahead brother marry, just marrrrrrrrrrrry ,brown,white ,green,yellow.It is not a silly question, there are just silly answers to it.

In "fact", know that you are just exchanging a big bag of problems with another one when you marry haha (Just joking) :biggrin:

May Allah swt bless you with a good pious Muslim wife , whatever part of the rainbow she might pop out from, as long as the sky is the limit in molding her behavior and self awareness ;)

Take care.

Wassalamu Aleikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

nice reply

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

May Allah (SWT) guide you. I am very very sorry for my previous comment.

Sister JenGiove thanks for pointing towards my flawed comment.

Regards.

JenGiove

Assalamu Alaikum:

Surely it is dumb question.:)

Regards.

:salam2: Brother, Please be aware that the original poster has Asperger's Syndrome and as such, his brain works and thinks differently. There are no dumb questions in Islam and since he has a different learning curve, we must exercise patience and tolerance. What may be simple to us may be a complex question for him.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
This was one thing I worried about before I took my shahada. I am a regular USA-born and bred white guy. You wouldn't know I am a Muslim to look at me. I had visited the closest masjid a few times and I am usually the only white guy there. I don't plan on getting married anytime soon, but I used to worry that none of the sisters would want to marry a white guy.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Is interracial marriage allowed in Islam as a male who is white could I marry a Woman who is not white let's say she is black or asian or chinese I hope this is not a dumb question ?

:salam2:

In Islam we have no idea as race.

We have only one race. Human race.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
This was one thing I worried about before I took my shahada. I am a regular USA-born and bred white guy. You wouldn't know I am a Muslim to look at me. I had visited the closest masjid a few times and I am usually the only white guy there. I don't plan on getting married anytime soon, but I used to worry that none of the sisters would want to marry a white guy.

Ok ya'll can say I love my state so much......I live in Minnesota, and here we have all kinds of Muslims....but what is beautiful about this state is we have a lot of interracial marriages. I have seen, Pakistan and white, African American and Pakistani, Somali and white, Somali and Arab, All white family (reverts) and so on. I can go on and on and on about the beauty of Islam here! So, you should not worry, you'll find a wife somewhere insha'Allah! And when you do, it will not matter where she came from and who her family are as long as she is someone who you love and want to spend the rest of your life with.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Ok ya'll can say I love my state so much......I live in Minnesota, and here we have all kinds of Muslims....but what is beautiful about this state is we have a lot of interracial marriages. I have seen, Pakistan and white, African American and Pakistani, Somali and white, Somali and Arab, All white family (reverts) and so on. I can go on and on and on about the beauty of Islam here! So, you should not worry, you'll find a wife somewhere insha'Allah! And when you do, it will not matter where she came from and who her family are as long as she is someone who you love and want to spend the rest of your life with.

Well I have had my issues with women in the past, so I am a little wary about pursuing a relationship with anyone else. I have some other things going on too, so it will be a while yet before I feel ready to marry.

aisha16

That's how it is here too in SD. There's quite a few interracial couples..but good on all them for not holding any prejudice or anything...

ShyHijabi

My husband and I are different ethnicities and despite some challenges we have a very happy and healthy marriage, mash'Allah. The biggest challenge in the Ummah is for Muslims to put their prejudices and cultural trappings aside and find good Muslims for their offspring. Everything else is useless dunya.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Like for like. Isn't that what is written.

Human for human.

A man who loves riches would not be happy unless his wife could appreciate his riches.

A man who loves and fears Allah would not be satisfied with mere physical beauty.

Like for like.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Assalaam walaikum,

Like for like. Isn't that what is written.

Human for human.

A man who loves riches would not be happy unless his wife could appreciate his riches.

A man who loves and fears Allah would not be satisfied with mere physical beauty.

Like for like.

Well in that case, I need a woman who appreciates nerdy things, has a sense of humor, and can tolerate dogs.

Does anyone here know anyone like that?

msmoorad

mommys boy

Well in that case, I need a woman who appreciates nerdy things, has a sense of humor, and can tolerate dogs.

Does anyone here know anyone like that?

salaams to all

bro, in Islam, we are not allowed to keep dogs just as pets. the only time its permitted is if you really need them for security- say u live in an isolated area & the dogs provide security- thats OK.
but just as pets- not OK.
please consult scholars at any of the ffg place-insha allah they will explain to u clearly the reasoning behind this:

http://www.alinaam.co.za/
http://www.jamiat.org.za/
http://www.islamsa.org.za/
http://alhaadi.org.za/

in response to the original question, Islam does not place any limitations on who u can marry- we are just advised to choose a spouse who is pious/Mut'taqee.
i just wish to add that you should also take into account compatabitlity as everything is not so cut & dried as some make it out to be.
wish you all the best in ur search for a good wife.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
salaams to all

bro, in Islam, we are not allowed to keep dogs just as pets. the only time its permitted is if you really need them for security- say u live in an isolated area & the dogs provide security- thats OK.
but just as pets- not OK.
please consult scholars at any of the ffg place-insha allah they will explain to u clearly the reasoning behind this:

http://www.alinaam.co.za/
http://www.jamiat.org.za/
http://www.islamsa.org.za/
http://alhaadi.org.za/

in response to the original question, Islam does not place any limitations on who u can marry- we are just advised to choose a spouse who is pious/Mut'taqee.
i just wish to add that you should also take into account compatabitlity as everything is not so cut & dried as some make it out to be.
wish you all the best in ur search for a good wife.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

Well in retrospect and after much prayer and thought, I've decided that marriage is not right for me at this time. I have some issues that I need to work on first.