Is islam an intrinsically violent religion?

ek258

Aa, I think we're all agreed that the pope the other day was at the very least ill-advised to use that quote. However his actions have been backed up by Archbishop Carey. Carey having now expressed the view that Islam and violence are intertwined and issues a challenge to the muslim community to address this reported connection. So what do we do?

Do we choose to get angry and wave our fists during this holy month of Ramadan? Do we simply dismiss it as ignorance and do nothing? No, I do not think so...

How about we make the best of a bad situation? How about we bring a positive to a negative and actually answer this man's question...

Carey and the Pope may be anti-islamic, but why not give them and the rest of the world the benefit of the doubt and teach them?

So let's discuss...is our faith intrinsically violent? And how do we find backing for our views in the qur'an? How do we answer the verses that might be construed to be violent?

I look forwards to hearing your answers?
ws

allahsservant

beautifl muslimah
no it is not

islam is not a violent religion although many people choose to think otherwise. ina book called A Christian's Response,by James L. Garlow, he chose to point out the fact that Islam was spread by the sword,which would have been unIslamic, and that there are passages in the Holy Quran the talk about killing those who do not wish to surrender to Islam. I recommend that ALL Muslims search for this book and read it. It has many misconceptions, you should also read my post in the Islam Lounge here on the website if you cannt get ahold of the copy of this book! please do post what you think about this book on my post as well!:blackhijab: