Is it sin to not wear scarf in .....?

amna_muslimaa

TRUELY MUSLIMAA
:salam2:
Well I gotta question asked by my sister she says ;Is it allowed for a women to not wear scarf in her home .....she got no na-mehram in her house she is asking this because she have heard some hadith regarding this she says that it was in hadith that even if theres no na-mehram in her house still she have to wear scarf....is it so...?
please sisters and brothers help me ......!!!
Love you sisters and brothers for the sake of Allah..!!!
walaikumsalam

Yousef83

wa aleikom salam
yes Muslim women allowed to not wear scarf at home.Important is who is at home that is who are mehram and who are not.
Mehram : father,brother,husband and Husband's father
rest of non mehram

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
^ yes, a muslimah wears hijab in front of non-mahram only.

if @ home u r alone or just ur mahram...just relax and no need to worry!

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Men who can see you at home without a scarf:

01. your husband ("Zawj" in arabic)
02. your son ("Ibn" or "Walad" in arabic)
03. your husband's son ("Ibn" or "Walad" in arabic)
04. your husband's father (can be called uncle or father, "Amm" or "Ab" in arabic)
05. your father (father, "Ab" in arabic)
06. your grandfather ("Jadd" in arabic)
07. your father's brother (uncle or "Amm" in arabic)
08. your mother's brother (uncle or "Khaal" in arabic)
09. your brother ("Akh" in arabic)
10. you brother's son ("Ibn Al-Akh" in arabic)
11. your sister's son (Ibn Al-Ukht) in arabic)

These are all mahrams.

Muslimz

Allahisenough4me
It is considered Mustahab to wear a scarf at home and every place becuz angels dont pass by a place where a women's hair are uncovered and thus wearing a scarf at home gives virtue but if you dont wear it doesnt harm.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
It is considered Mustahab to wear a scarf at home and every place becuz angels dont pass by a place where a women's hair are uncovered and thus wearing a scarf at home gives virtue but if you dont wear it doesnt harm.

what's this now? Can you please give the proof of what you are saying? Never heard before!

*Jasmine*

i am curious too to know where did you get that?

Yousef83

Son from another wife? but there is no any blood relationship and Islam dosent allow adoptive or something like that
Allah (c.c) commanded Prophet Muhammad (sav) to get marry with His (sav) adoptive son Zeyd's divorced wife Mother Zayneb to be sample for us

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Son from another wife? but there is no any blood relationship and Islam dosent allow adoptive or something like that
Allah (c.c) commanded Prophet Muhammad (sav) to get marry with His (sav) adoptive son Zeyd's divorced wife Mother Zayneb to be sample for us

A son from another wife would be a *step-son*..that step-son cannot marry his step-mother even if his father divorced her or died after marrying her though she's not *his birth mother*..so that makes a step-son a *mahram* to his step-mother..same thing applies for a sister with a step-father..*he* would be *her mahram*..

Mahram relations DO NOT always have to be *blood-relations*..they can be *marital relations* in situations like the one just mentioned..or they can be a mahram in a special case as in *al-ukhuwwa bil ridhaa'a* (brotherhood/sisterhood through breastfeeding)

:wasalam:

mhamzah

A son from another wife would be a *step-son*..that step-son cannot marry his step-mother even if his father divorced her or died after marrying her even if she's not *his birth mother*..so that makes a step-son a *mahram* to his step-mother..same thing applies for a sister with a step-father..*he* would be *her mahram*..

Mahram relations DO NOT always have to be *blood-relations*..they can be *marital relations* in situations like the one just mentioned..or they can be a mahram in a special case as in *al-ukhuwwa bil ridhaa'a* (brotherhood/sisterhood through breastfeeding)

Jazakallah Khair sister for elaborating.

ansari

STRANGER...
Quote:Originally Posted by BoMeshary السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته 02. your son ("Ibn" or "Walad" in arabic) 03. your husband's son ("Ibn" or "Walad" in arabic) These are all mahrams. [al-muslimah said:
what are differance between them?

:lol: sorry sister...this made me laugh...