Is organ transplant allow

MOIDU

Wa alaikuma salaam
Please refer below fatwa.

Q. Are you allowed to donate or receive organs, since I have seen no direct prohibition on organ transpants in the Quran.

A. Praise be to Allaah.

This subject is one of the topics which is being researched by the Islamic Fiqh Council (Majma’ al-Fiqh al-Islami), which has issued the following fatwaa:

It is permitted to transplant or graft an organ from one part of a person’s body to another, so long as one is careful to ascertain that the benefits of this operation outweigh any harm that may result from it, and on the condition that this is done to replace something that has been lost, or to restore its appearance or regular function, or to correct some fault or disfigurement which is causing physical or psychological distress.

It is permitted to transplant an organ from one person’s body to another, if it is an organ that can regenerate itself, like skin or blood, on the condition that the donor is mature and understands what he is doing, and that all other pertinent shar’i conditions are met.

It is permitted to use part of an organ that has been removed because of illness to benefit another person, such as using the cornea of an eye removed because of illness.

It is haraam to take an organ on which life depends, such as taking a heart from a living person to transplant into another person.

It is haraam to take an organ from a living person when doing so could impair an essential vital function, even though his life itself may not be under threat, such as removing the corneas of both eyes. However, removing organs which will lead to only partial impairment is a matter which is still under scholarly discussion.

It is permitted to transplant an organ from a dead person to a living person whose life depends on receiving that organ, or whose vital functions are otherwise impaired, on the condition that permission is given either by the person before his death or by his heirs, or by the leader of the Muslims in cases where the dead person’s identity is unknown or he has no heirs.

Care should be taken to ensure that there is proper agreement to the transplant of organs in the cases described above, on the condition that no buying or selling of organs is involved. It is not permitted to trade in human organs under any circumstances. But the question of whether the beneficiary may spend money to obtain an organ he needs, or to show his appreciation, is a matter which is still under scholarly debate.

Anything other than the scenarios described above is still subject to scholarly debate, and requires further detailed research in the light of medical research and shar’i rulings.

See also questions # 2141, 2159, 424. And Allaah knows best.

Qararaat Majma’ al-Fiqh al-Islami

http://www.islamqa.com/en/search/organ transplant/AllWords/t,q,a

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

But brother what if we take an organ from non-muslim is it okay?
because a sister in school she said it's not allowed..can you tell me about
that?

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

Since the scholar does not delineate whether or not the donator is Muslim then it is permissible. An organ is an organ, all created by Allah.

MOIDU

wa alaikkuma slaam..

Ruling on transplanting a kaafir heart into a Muslim
ar - en - fr - id
Share |

Q. 3mth old son just recevied a heart transplant because his old heart was not developed properly. My question is: He has a non-muslim heart beating inside of him, is it ok? Or did we make a wrong decision to have had the transplant?

A. Praise be to Allaah.

We put the following question to Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Jibreen:

Is there any objection (in sharee’ah) to transplanting the heart of a dead kaafir into a Muslim body?

He, may Allaah preserve him, answered as follows:

No, because this organ is not the seat of disbelief or faith.

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Jibreen

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/6431/organ transplant

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

Brother itqan ullah
i didn't know and when i was searching and asking people about it so one sister said this to me.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Assalam-e-alikum

Brother itqan ullah
I didn't know and when I was searching and asking people about it so one sister said this to me.
:wasalam:
No, sister I was not saying that to you, srry if you took it that way, I meant the sister who told you that should have checked that before telling you, anyways errors can occur, may allah forgive her.

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

Brother i know you don't mean wrong.and today in class i asked teacher she said some scholars agree some don't but when i was looking for this answer i just came to know yes we can transplant.
and again today that sister said we cannot get blood and organ transplant from non-muslim to muslim which is confussing beause i find we can but she said can't it is beacuse the non-muslims eat pork,drink wine etc.

but i going to ask her to give answer with information not just heard...

brother don't think i am upset

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

dear sister jazakallah khair i will tell this to my school sister about this maybe she dosen't know we can donate to muslims and non-muslims and this will finish misunderstanding Inshallah