Is there an ignore feature?

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

I am a member of other message boards and they usually have an ignore feature if you do not wish to see posts from certain members. Do we have this feature here? If not, is there a way to get one?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

You can use the ignore user function by going to your UserCp which can be accessed on the easy navigation row below the TurnToIslam banner of the website or http://turntoislam.com/forum/usercp.php

In your UserCp, you can find 'Edit Ignore list' on the left hand side under 'Settings and Options'. Upon clicking that you can add specific members whose posts you wish not to read on the forum and you are done. However, if 'ignored' member's post is quoted by other members, the post of that 'ignored' member will be visible to you as a quote.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

I do not think that this option of any Islamic forum is good Alhamdulillah, except if it is used for good purpose like ignoring insoting posts of non Muslims, but if it is a word about Muslim, than Alhamdulillah that is not good, as one word of Muslim is valuable, except if some posts are insolting. But from how I know there were no any brother or sister who were insoting others.

And Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all. Ameen.

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

I do not think that this option of any Islamic forum is good Alhamdulillah, except if it is used for good purpose like ignoring insoting posts of non Muslims, but if it is a word about Muslim, than Alhamdulillah that is not good, as one word of Muslim is valuable, except if some posts are insolting. But from how I know there were no any brother or sister who were insoting others.

And Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all. Ameen.

:wasalam:

Sometimes it's a matter of personalities that don't mix. So rather than argue needlessly and create fitnah sometimes it is better to take the higher road and simply leave that person be. I would rather prevent needless arguing by putting a user on ignore than say/type something that would bring sin down on my head.

ShyHijabi

Assalamualaikum ukhti! i dnt know exactly what you are trying to say. can you plz explain it for me plz sister.

What I am saying is I would rather put a poster on ignore than get in endless and fruitless arguments. This is all besides the point since I figured out how to use this method and now I don't even see the person's posts. I am so much more relaxed and clam without worrying about causing fitnah.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

I respect sister Shyhijabi's decisions here and she is quite within her rights to ignore some members.

I am Just thinking out the box here:
I sometimes wish we had Ignore feature in real life. Imagine, all we had to do is ignore the racists and other evil people. Or would such a society be at fault for not being there to help change the views of said people by engaging them in discussion?