Serious Is there any moderator there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saif

Assalamu alaikum

This site seems to be hijacked by one or two trolls. Repeated requests to moderators have happened to be useless, just like talking to the walls.

In good days of TTI it was enough to try to propagate 'Ashari creed to get you banned. Now you can mock the verses of Quran and nobody is caring. Has TTI reached its natural life? Are all moderators too "grown up" or too busy to take care of this site?

If it has to go on like this, there is no sense in keeping it alive.

Wassalamu alaikum

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Brother I understand your frustration with trolls, however let's think positively of the mods. They are probably just busy with other things just as important things as tti, inshaaAllah. Remember the hadith of our Prophet where he instructs the believers to make many excuses for their brothers and sisters in Islam.

InshaaAllah they will take care of these trolls soon! I sure am getting irritated with them too:12-angry-blue::12-angry-blue::12-angryredarms:.

Last edited:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

I think that admins/mods have already stopped most of spammers coming to salamyou. They are robots, not real persons. Some still can enter to there but we just need to be aware and report everyone we see. Trolls we also have to report. Sometimes they are more complicated to identify but may Allah makes us fair when meet some of them.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam, sorry about delay been busy.. You can also send a message direct to me.

zaman-gm

Yes it is, we can report to the admin if something go wrong.
Ma Sha Allah tti is a good site. In more word, i would like to say "IT IS MY SITE".
I like this site. How much time i browse online i always looking for this site.
May Allah benefited us All. Ameen.

Last edited:

suryani

Their Threads already being erased.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

To Zaz-Zazazzaz, incase you missed the article I shared with your fellow friends earlier.

Zaallaa, Halik, Lydia05, Aallaah, Z-aallaa-Z and other trolling trolls,

I read an interesting article about trolling and it sure described what you and your friends have been trying to do in the last week or so on our site. Perhaps this article will help you to understand the impact of your behaviour on others and a chance to reflect on your trolling.

Excerpt-

If you’ve ever managed an online community, a blog, or a brand’s Facebook page, you have encountered the dreaded “troll.” These community members can be provocative and rude, and are known for creating posts for the sole purpose of agitating their fellow members. Trolls add inflammatory comments not because they hope to inform or convince others, but because they know they’ll spark an avalanche of negativity.

Left unchecked, trolls can destroy communities. Helpful members tire of the conflict and eventually leave. Trolls present a challenge to community managers not just because of their toxic behavior, but because they don’t always overtly break community rules. Many people make comments that prove to be inflammatory, often unintentionally. Trollish behavior is evident only after a pattern of such comments emerges.
Conventional wisdom says that the anonymity of the Internet lets people behave in ways they never would in real life, or online if their identity was known. But, if you think that means that trolls are normally nice people who only act out in their online persona, think again. New research shows that internet trolls are, in real life, narcissists, psychopaths, and sadists.

The paper’s title, Trolls Just Want To Have Fun, is amusing, but the findings are anything but funny. Canadian researchers surveyed more than a thousand internet users about their commenting behavior. They then administered a personality test designed to measure, among other things, what’s known as the Dark Tetrad. That’s a measure of negative traits: sadism, psychopathy, narcissism, and Machiavellianism.

The correlation between these negative traits and trollish behavior was striking. No other kind of community participation showed such a relationship.

The research validates what most community managers have always believed: trolls are awful people in real life, too.

These results may not be of much use in curbing trolls online, but it does suggest that trying to stop the behavior by gentle coaching is doomed to fail most of the time. That, too, won’t surprise experienced community operators. In my years of community building, I’ve seen a few trolls that actually tried to mend their ways but inevitably reverted to their old ways.
Since trolls actually derive pleasure from the suffering of others, engaging with them at all can be counter-productive. Instead, follow the simple maxim of experienced community leaders: “Don’t feed the trolls.”

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886914000324

zaman-gm

We deserve a trolls free tti fourm.

I think moderator trying hard but they come back again with new account.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
We deserve a trolls free tti fourm.

I think moderator trying hard but they come back again with new account.

Yes, also with using new email or ip number.

The most important is that members don´t react to kind of trolls - no answers, no reading their posts if possible and information about them to admin/mods immediately.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:bismillah1:
:salam:

I'd like to explain my absence. These days I am trying to start my business, in shaa Allah it looks promising, but it means I don't come here so often. I think it was ok for some time, but just now the site does need more care.

Reporting posts really does help. Listing the troll accounts isn't strictly necessary, but it does mean I can check I got all the problems.

I am trying to be here more, but I can't take too much time away from other things - I have written to Mabsoot about that. Thanks to the members for their vigilance, jazakumAllahu khayran. Keep sabr, in shaa Allah.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I try to remove them each time I login too. They are persistant. Apart from being a nuisance they just show how much of a sad existence their own life is. May Allah guide them.

Abu Juwairiya

They also use Az and Azz as well. They also seem interested in talking about cupping, Muslim Christian dialogue and Dajjals. It might be a good idea to investigate their IP address to determine if they are Non Muslim journalists looking at making the site and its users as extremists and then do an exclusive expose.

Two British tabloid newspapers did this to ummah. com a few years ago. The first, I believe it was the Sun, used a Non Muslim, to register and open threads asking members which Non Muslims should be killed, there were no takers. He then registered as another user and the two phantom users would talk about the same issues on other threads they both opened. It then went to press with ummah.com as an extremist website based on their conversations alone. The second was when I believe the Mail tried similar tactics to incite members into speaking about sensitive subjects and using language to make it appear it was a good thing.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I could think that those members whose support here ISIS stuff could be from kind of sites but these troll ones maybe then want to show to their audience that muslims support cupping? Talking about surahs don´t make any sense.

Actually one thing what would stop them is to change the registeration system - that admin should accept every members before they can post anything but I don´t know if the technic of this kind of forum allows it. Plus extra work to admins of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.